PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to win a JACKPOT!!

missangie
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Watch for a contest to post sometime on Friday! It will include a JACKPOT prize. You won't want to miss out!! It will run throughout the weekend. Remember these jackpots have gotten up to $20. That's a nice big BUMP to your SR account. Stay tuned!! :cooldance:

chipndale
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
I do! I do! I will be on the watch tomorrow.

Hedy
08-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Nah, not me.

Sunni
08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Did Angie say Jackpot? :clap:

I'm in!

disney_girl
08-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Can't wait!

PSL1013
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM
:clap: Can't wait!

mdapiggy
08-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm ready and waiting

metallicaruler80
08-07-2009, 02:48 PM
WOW, would love a jackpot!!!

:banana:

3dog2kidmom
08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Nah, not me.

Not me either.

As an aside, I really don't care for the jackpot contests. They would be so much more fun and appealing if, instead of adding $5 to the pot with every so many entries, you would choose another $5 winner. That would equal more chances to win... more people having an opportunity. In fact I thought Tricia stated that the main reason she eliminated bonuses was to give MORE people a chance to "earn." Jackpots seem to defeat that purpose.

Anyway... just a suggestion from my perspective ;)

m 'n c
08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm ready Angie! I keep crossing my fingers that I'll open my account history and see a jackpot deposit. It would be a fun little bump up.

m 'n c
08-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Not me either.

As an aside, I really don't care for the jackpot contests. They would be so much more fun and appealing if, instead of adding $5 to the pot with every so many entries, you would choose another $5 winner. That would equal more chances to win... more people having an opportunity. In fact I thought Tricia stated that the main reason she eliminated bonuses was to give MORE people a chance to "earn." Jackpots seem to defeat that purpose.

Anyway... just a suggestion from my perspective ;)

With the elimination of the bonuses, Tricia and co have been able to offer weekly contests that only require people to complete an offer or a survey. In some cases you don't even have to be a member of the forum to win. To me, these contests allow more people to participate and more of a chance to win vs. the big board where it was the same people over and over each month. That wasn't very fun.

jakeandsophiesmom
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Ready and waiting!!:cooldance:

PSL1013
08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Friday's almost over :rotfl: They must be having too much fun in NYC? :redwine: :redwine: :redwine:

chipndale
08-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Friday's almost over :rotfl: They must be having too much fun in NYC? :redwine: :redwine: :redwine:

Yup I bet that is the case. DH just went to bed and I was hoping to do some offers for the contest. I guess I will play around on here some more and keep my fingers crossed that the contest starts soon.

3dog2kidmom
08-07-2009, 10:12 PM
With the elimination of the bonuses, Tricia and co have been able to offer weekly contests that only require people to complete an offer or a survey. In some cases you don't even have to be a member of the forum to win. To me, these contests allow more people to participate and more of a chance to win vs. the big board where it was the same people over and over each month. That wasn't very fun.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't fun for those of you who couldn't make the big board. My suggestion was that division of the large jackpots into multiple smaller ones would enable more people to win -- her stated objective. It's not fun to enter... it's fun to WIN! :D

missangie
08-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Having lots of fun in NYC, but didn't forget the contest. It's been a long day and while I have access the interenet on my phone, it isn't always the best. Just got to our room--now, about that contest!!

lildebbie
08-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Having lots of fun in NYC, but didn't forget the contest. It's been a long day and while I have access the interenet on my phone, it isn't always the best. Just got to our room--now, about that contest!!
yes???? I'm listening.
Hey, the night is young on the west coast!

cepmom
08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
question about the contest....can we post the credits from any time today or only after the contest details were announced? I got an OTX earlier today and didn't know if I could post that for this contest. Thanks!

jnorth1007
08-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Only after the contest started.

lanny76
08-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm not arguing that it wasn't fun for those of you who couldn't make the big board. My suggestion was that division of the large jackpots into multiple smaller ones would enable more people to win -- her stated objective. It's not fun to enter... it's fun to WIN! :D

I see the point here! I've been entering all these contests, and am glad for the many opportunities to do so - but sure would like to win one just once! A division of some of the large jackpots contests would make more winners, and maybe the chance for there to be more winners would cause more participants. Sure, it's nice to get a 20$ bump, but that's only one really happy person - dividing it into 2 winners would still be a nice bump and make 2 happy people!
I'm not sad about seeing the big board go either really, but I do see the point Shelly is trying to make about creating more winners with some of these jackpot contest - more winners, more happy people!

3dog2kidmom
08-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I see the point here! I've been entering all these contests, and am glad for the many opportunities to do so - but sure would like to win one just once! A division of some of the large jackpots contests would make more winners, and maybe the chance for there to be more winners would cause more participants. Sure, it's nice to get a 20$ bump, but that's only one really happy person - dividing it into 2 winners would still be a nice bump and make 2 happy people!
I'm not sad about seeing the big board go either really, but I do see the point Shelly is trying to make about creating more winners with some of these jackpot contest - more winners, more happy people!

Thanks, Lanny -- that's exactly what I was trying to explain. And thanks to Angie for listening, and structuring the current jackpot contest with multiple winners :clap: