PDA

View Full Version : Flat Iron recommendations?

time2go
08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Please post your fave? I'm looking to purchase one for SD bday next month and would like a durable one. She'll be 15 and uses one every day.
TIA!:)

Hedy
08-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I use this one and like it http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/morebrandsforbeauty/conair/PRD~216501/Conair+1+12+WetDry+Ceramic+Straightener.jsp; however, I only straighten my hair once in a blue moon.

SunshineGirl
08-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I did a lot of research and ended up with a Sedu from Folica. I love it!

m 'n c
08-07-2009, 05:41 PM
I have been wanting a Chi but a girl at my salon took one look at my hair and said it would be too harsh. She recomended looking into one with heat settings so I wouldn't burn my hair. I believe the one she used to style my hair was by HairArt (I've seen them on beauty.com).

So before buying you might want to check with a hair stylist to get an idea about her hair and how much heat it can stand.

time2go
08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
:thanks:

arob414
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I have a 14 yr old daughter, plus an 11 yr old daughter. I bought the 14 yr old one, last yr, but she didn't like it. She wanted this one (based on best friend's advice) http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/haircare/straighteningirons/PRD~449809/Remington+Wet+2+Straight+1in+Hair+Straightener.jsp (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/haircare/straighteningirons/PRD%7E449809/Remington+Wet+2+Straight+1in+Hair+Straightener.jsp )

Because she didn't like her sister sharing hers, I bought another one and they bought love it. 14 yr old straightens her hair at least every other day, 11 yr old does it a couple times a wk. It has alot of temp settings and works well on thick or fine hair (we have both in our house).

Hedy
11-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Sally Beauty Supply has their GVP version of the CHI for $49.99 this weekend! And free shipping on any purchase!

Hedy
11-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Sally Beauty Supply has their GVP version of the CHI for $49.99 this weekend! And free shipping on any purchase!

I just ordered this one-there were also codes on their site for a free flat iron stand AND mini flat iron. Awesome.

marcymajor
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
i was just looking at hair dryers for my dd at sally beauty and was wondering if you have to have a sally beauty card or be a member of sally beauty supply to buy any of their products or can you just buy from them? does that make sense?:confused:

Hedy
11-27-2009, 08:08 PM
i was just looking at hair dryers for my dd at sally beauty and was wondering if you have to have a sally beauty card or be a member of sally beauty supply to buy any of their products or can you just buy from them? does that make sense?:confused:

Nope, you can just buy from them, however, if you think you'll be buying a decent amount from them, it might be worth getting the card-it's $5, but you get a $5 coupon for joining, plus every month you spend at least $25 you get a 15% off certificate for the next month (plus you save some $ on most purchases).

marcymajor
11-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Hedy-:thanks: for all the great info, it is totally appreciated. do you have to spend $25 every month or can it spaced out during the year (maybe 3 or 4 times a year i would probably spend more than 25 but not every month)? again :thanks: for your help and have a wonderful weekend.:sunshine:

Hedy
11-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Hedy-:thanks: for all the great info, it is totally appreciated. do you have to spend $25 every month or can it spaced out during the year (maybe 3 or 4 times a year i would probably spend more than 25 but not every month)? again :thanks: for your help and have a wonderful weekend.:sunshine:

It's in a given month-ie if you spend $25+ now, then you'd get the 15% coupon for December. The club card rates are all the time, but be aware that sale prices may be lower than a club card rate (my GVP iron would have been $49.99 today whether or not I had my card).