PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Rooms at Pop Century?

Kittykat
09-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Okay, now that I've recovered from Dining Plan Dementia I've moved into Non-Connecting Rooms Paranoia. Short story: this is the first time we've booked two rooms for our family and when I made my reservation with CRO I was told that families are guaranteed connecting rooms--not to worry.

Well, I read The DIS and everyone is saying that Disney says they will guarantee connecting rooms but in reality they AREN'T guaranteed. So now I'm freaking out, worried that we'll get two rooms on opposite ends of Pop Century and that DH and I will have to split up and each room with one of the two DS's.

We're checking in late on 9/21 (around 10PM more than likely) and I am so worried they're not going to have any connecting rooms left! I figure I can call the Pop front desk a couple of days before we leave and let them know we'll be arriving late and really, really, REALLY need those connecting rooms.

I also read that Pop has 600 connecting rooms...so I'm fervently hoping that they'll save two of them for us!

Anyone have any experience with requesting connecting rooms? Can anyone offer me some solace and comfort? :p

jnorth1007
09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I have never had an issue with getting connecting rooms when requested. Make sure that it is noted on your reservations and then Disney will try to make sure you get them. I dont think there will be an issue. They always try to make sure that you get the connecting rooms you want.

m 'n c
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Okay, now that I've recovered from Dining Plan Dementia I've moved into Non-Connecting Rooms Paranoia. Short story: this is the first time we've booked two rooms for our family and when I made my reservation with CRO I was told that families are guaranteed connecting rooms--not to worry.

Well, I read The DIS and everyone is saying that Disney says they will guarantee connecting rooms but in reality they AREN'T guaranteed. So now I'm freaking out, worried that we'll get two rooms on opposite ends of Pop Century and that DH and I will have to split up and each room with one of the two DS's.

We're checking in late on 9/21 (around 10PM more than likely) and I am so worried they're not going to have any connecting rooms left! I figure I can call the Pop front desk a couple of days before we leave and let them know we'll be arriving late and really, really, REALLY need those connecting rooms.

I also read that Pop has 600 connecting rooms...so I'm fervently hoping that they'll save two of them for us!

Anyone have any experience with requesting connecting rooms? Can anyone offer me some solace and comfort? :p
I read that post on the Dis too.. I thought they said when kids were involved they had to give you connecting rooms.

Kittykat
09-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I read that post on the Dis too.. I thought they said when kids were involved they had to give you connecting rooms.

I know! Doesn't that seem to make sense?! :rotfl: But so many people came in to say that they aren't guaranteed and that they didn't receive them (I think only a handful of them had kids...). I hope I'm worrying over nothing.

When we stayed at Pop last March for our anniversary we asked for a king room and got the two double beds. Not very romantic. (We also got locked out of the room, a whole other tale of woe and defeat on our first day, I'll save that for another story.) I probably could've gone back down to the desk and asked to be moved but I was afraid it would mess everything up and waste time we could be spending in the parks so we just kept the room we were assigned.

I really hope everything goes well for us this time. Fingers crossed! (And I'll be calling the front desk the week that we leave just to make sure they check our reservations!)

chipndale
09-06-2007, 11:52 PM
We have two small kids and have never had a problem getting connecting rooms. We always tell CRO that my parents will be babysitting(and they do so that DH and I can have some adult fun time in the parks) and we have always had connecting rooms. I have faxed in the request to the resort that we will be staying at about a week before we arrive. Since you will be arriving late in the day, I would call and confirm that you need connecting rooms. Good Luck.