PDA

View Full Version : SPAM...UGH

andrea2289
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I have not had much luck the last few days getting offers to credit. I think I was doing too many at once so I have slowed down quite a bit and will re-try the ones that didn't credit but...

OH MY GOSH the spam is ridiculous! I cleaned out my Gmail account and my spam folder had 2738 emails since yesterday!! No sooner did I do one offer and go back to check for an email and there were 360 more!!

Is this normal? I can see how you could easliy miss an email confirmation!

I am actually considering just getting a new email before I retry some of the free offers I haven't had any luck with...any suggestions?

jnorth1007
09-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I have a gmail account just for offers. Before I do an offer I go in and clear out all of the spam and leave the account open in one window while I do the offer in another window. Then once I finish the offer I just click over and click on the confirmation email. Its easy to find and I dont have to dig through the spam. I clear out the account before doing any offers. I mostly just leave it open all the time along with my SR.

IckyMickey
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a gmail account just for offers too. I didn't check my account for a month and had over 32,000 spam emails.

Now that I'm back to regularly doing them, I clean them out before I go in and do offers and it works great!

3dog2kidmom
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a gmail account just for offers. Before I do an offer I go in and clear out all of the spam and leave the account open in one window while I do the offer in another window. Then once I finish the offer I just click over and click on the confirmation email. Its easy to find and I dont have to dig through the spam. I clear out the account before doing any offers. I mostly just leave it open all the time along with my SR.

That's a GREAT idea, Janet!! Thanks :)

IckyMickey
09-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I would get a new email address. I read that someone does a new one every month. I'm planning on getting a new one too, something long so I can use it for a long time and put lots of dots in it.

andrea2289
09-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I think it is time to get a new one. I have used the same one since the Spring when I first started with SR. Once I do that, I will try Janet's advice. I'll admit I am not diligent about checking for the email once I sign up for an offer. And sometimes they are hard to spot too...they aren't always obvious you know?

jnorth1007
09-06-2007, 09:32 PM
They are when you clear out first and only have 5 or so emails to look through. I haven't had an issue since I started doing this. I also dont forget to go and look for the confirmation emails when the account is open all the time because I can just go in and look right then. I dont use my gmail for offers that I really need to get the emails for like paid offers, club memberships and shopping purchases. I may get a little spam to my master account this way but I am sure to get the emails I need to get this way.

sabl1204
09-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I get alot of spam too and i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!

chipndale
09-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow that is alot of spam. I set up an email account with aol and I usually have around 30 spam emails. I like the idea of a gmail account becuase I do forget to look for confirmations emails.

kayjo
09-07-2007, 01:42 AM
I set up a "junk" e-mail account strictly for these offers. I must get 200-300 SPAM emails a day. The funny thing is that I get the SPAM before I even get credit for the offer. I have nine pending sign-ups for which I haven't received credit but I've already received e-mails from them.

arob414
09-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I do the same thing Janet does. Makes spotting a confimation email, easier.

sammielynn
09-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I may just breakdown and get another e-mail account for offers. I clean out over ten pages of spam a day. I just hate it!

Sugarplumsmom
09-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Question from a Newbie- If I do get a new email for all the spam, do I have to switch from the email address I currently have listed with SR to the new one? Is that how it is tracked here through the email address? Help Please!

Thanks,
Laura

m 'n c
09-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Question from a Newbie- If I do get a new email for all the spam, do I have to switch from the email address I currently have listed with SR to the new one? Is that how it is tracked here through the email address? Help Please!

Thanks,
Laura

Nope offers are tracked by user id. Go ahead and open up a new gmail account (make it loooong) and start doing offers with it. If you are OCD like I can be you can change your SR email at any time to match the email you are currently using but you do not have to do that.

jnorth1007
09-07-2007, 06:56 PM
I keep my registered email with SR as the master email I use for personal business so I can be sure I will always get their emails. I change the email I use for offers depending on my mood that day LOL. I also use my master email address for purchases and paid offers so I can be sure to get the emails.

Sugarplumsmom
09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Thank you both for the info!!! It is a big help!!! This is a wonderful place and program- the only problem is that I didn't find it sooner!!!!

Thanks again!
Laura

JeffMcCain
09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks that is a good idea.