PDA

View Full Version : Disney is Looking for a few Good Moms

Hedy
09-06-2007, 10:10 PM
C&P's from All ears

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Sept. 6, 2007) -- Calling all moms: Is a trip to Walt Disney World Resort your idea of the perfect family vacation? Do you know where to find the one and only campfire marshmallow roast at Walt Disney World Resort? Have you ever been to one of the resort's baby care centers to change and feed your little one? Or maybe you and your family have visited so often that others have said you could write a book filled with travel tips? If so, Disney wants to hear from you.

As part of "The Year of a Million Dreams," Disney announced today the launch of a nationwide search for moms who have mastered the art of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Twelve finalists will be selected to serve on the first-ever online Walt Disney World Moms Panel. Those 12 parents who have a passion for the Walt Disney World vacation experience will have the opportunity to share their vast knowledge of the resort and personal secrets of success with other families who are considering this magical vacation experience. In exchange, the 12 panelists will receive a 6-day/5-night vacation to the Florida resort for themselves and three other guests.

"Through our consumer research we know that there are aspects of a Walt Disney World vacation that can be challenging to the primary vacation planner, most often that means mom," said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "We could not think of a better way to provide vacation planning advice than to create an online forum. This will assist guests who are looking for real and reliable vacation recommendations that fit their family's travel needs."

The Walt Disney World Moms Panel will be found online at www.disneyworldmoms.com and feature content provided by the panel. It will also offer guests the opportunity to pose specific questions and have them answered by the panelists. The site, which goes live in January 2008, will host valuable park insights and vacation planning tools for those parents planning a Walt Disney World vacation.

Are you right for the panel?

Disney realizes that the person who serves the "mom" role differs from family to family. Whether you pride yourself on knowing insider tips and insights for vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort, or are popular among friends and family for planning fabulous vacations on a budget, you may be right for the panel.

From Sept. 6 through Oct. 5, 2007, interested applicants can visit www.disneyworldmoms.com and in 300 words or less in answering three questions, explain why they should be considered for the Walt Disney World Moms Panel. Disney will select 12 panelists with children of various ages.

"For families interested in taking a Walt Disney World vacation, the interactive site will feature a wealth of helpful planning information, expert tips and advice about various topics related to visiting the Walt Disney World Resort," said Crofton.

krg1968
09-06-2007, 10:21 PM
OOH OOH! pick MEEEEE!

ligrumpygirl
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
I TOLD my DH that my crazy planning would come in handy one day!!!!

kimkarli
09-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I saw that and I am so disappointed! You have to have gone in the past 12 months, and it was last July when we went. Then you have to be available to go to WDW Dec.8-12, and I can't because I am already taking off a week to go Dec. 15-21!!!!:( BUT, I am sure there are some awesome Disney moms here who would qualify!!!:mickey:

nicholfamily5
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I signed up! What an awesome opportunity!

My oldest would be in school that week in December, but I'm sure I could work something out! Being chosen would be an awesome dream!

dreamer13079
09-07-2007, 01:00 PM
What a cool opportunity!! I submitted my answers and hope to get contacted. Thanks for the heads up!!

linanglab
09-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I also signed up. I am probably not NEARLY as knowledgable as some on here and on the Dis, but I know alot. At least my friends and family think I do. We will see what happens!

Angela

ligrumpygirl
09-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Just finished my application...that week at school can be rough but I will make the sacrifice!

schachteles
09-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I am going to write my answers today and get it submitted...how awesome would it be to win!!

Alice28
09-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I signed up too! I hope my moderating/admin experience on another board will work in my favor! Hope! hope! hope! This would be a DREAM come true, not just the trip, but working to help other families plan their vacation!:love:

linanglab
10-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Anyone else get the "we did not select you" letter? I did this morning. I did NOT expect to get in being that I do not go there as often as alot of people. Anyone here make it?

nicholfamily5
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I recieved the email as well. At first it sompletely freaked me out, thinking that I actually made it in!! lol wishful thinking.

I wasn't expecting the email, so it shocked me. It did say they are coming up with other concepts though, so maybe there is still an opportunity in the future.

dreamer13079
10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I didn't get picked either. Darn it!