PDA

View Full Version : Time to allow for credits?

stacieps
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm a new member (joined around 8/19).

How long do you leave offers in pending? I have quite a few small offers (.4, .5) that haven't credited from around the time I joined. I'm not worried about those, I assume they aren't going to credit and I'll just remove them from pending soon.

But, I also did the Obopay offer (4.5 credits). I have received my Obopay debit card, but have not received SR credit. How long should this take? Is this something I wait until the 15th for? What do I do if it doesn't credit?

I've already earned almost $50!! but there is so much I still don't know.

Thanks.
Stacie

kimntrent
09-07-2007, 12:22 PM
You should see that in your credit hold on your account summary page. Look there to see it.

Kim

m 'n c
09-07-2007, 01:19 PM
The time it takes to credit depends on a few things. The main thing is if its a manual or automatic credit. Manual credits will take a few days to post (this goes for freebies).

Also how many of these freebies did you do in one day? Did you clear cookies between doing them? When did you clear cookies if you did?

I ask only because of a few things. Doing too many freebies at once which is a common newbie mistake (ask anyone here - we've all done it) will lead to a huge pending list. The optimal range is 5-7 freebies in one day and you should be ok with crediting.

Cookies - since most offers are running through the same companies it is important to clear cookies between offers or once per day. But you can't clear them too fast or you might mess up your crediting. So what Janet suggests which is the best method is to do an offer or two wait for it to credit and then clear cookies (this works with the fast crediting category and the really new offers).

stacieps
09-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I understand the cookies thing better now than when I joined (after reading other threads here), that is why I don't think those will credit and will just remove them from pending soon.

Obopay is really the only one I'm concerned about (since it is 4.5), I don't see it in my "pending payments" - the amount there seems to match a shopping credit I should be getting. Does that mean I'm not going to get the Obopay credit?

Thanks again
Stacie

m 'n c
09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
hmm I don't know about obopay. When I did it it took about 3 days but I did it a loooong time ago and things could have changed. I'd just leave it in till the end of the month and then give up. :(

kimntrent
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Go through your account activity and there should be a credit hold somewhere along the line that is obopay if there is. If you have a shopping credit for that amount chances are that is it.

Kim

jnorth1007
09-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I believe that Obopay is not a fast crediting. If it isnt in there then chances are that you aren't going to get credit. This is not usual. Obopay was a VERY good crediter and so if you didnt get credit there was a cookie issue for you no to get credit. There could have been something that kept you from getting credit. Did you look Obopay up in a search before doing it to research it? This may have been a cause. You also could have something that is trapping your cookies. It is not an offer that you can dispute because it was completely free and actually you end up ahead in the end. HTH!

The LK 4
09-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I made the same mistakes as Stacie, and apparently a lot of the rest of you, too! :rotfl:

I signed up for tons of stuff during the first few days of getting used to SR, and now I have a huge pending list. I removed a few of them from pending the other day and signed up again using a different e-mail. That seemed to work for a few items.

These forums are awesome for advice. :)

m 'n c
09-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I made the same mistakes as Stacie, and apparently a lot of the rest of you, too! :rotfl:

I signed up for tons of stuff during the first few days of getting used to SR, and now I have a huge pending list. I removed a few of them from pending the other day and signed up again using a different e-mail. That seemed to work for a few items.

These forums are awesome for advice. :)

Glad they are starting to credit for you. :sunshine: Just keep slowly removing them and redoing them and you should be ok. If they don't credit on the hour give them a few days as some are manual credits (no real way to tell if they are or not) and may be on a little delay.

suekap
09-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I am also not get credit for a bunch of thing I did in the same day. If I take them off my pending list and do again, doI have to use a different email address?

jnorth1007
09-07-2007, 10:13 PM
In a word, YES! LOL

suekap
09-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Can I use the same address?