PDA

View Full Version : Contest Chatter Thread!

m 'n c
08-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Let's start a chatter thread to talk about the contests we are entering, what is crediting, and what we've won! :banana:

m 'n c
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
If you see a Twitter follower by the name of blondediaries that is me! :sunshine:

Alice28
08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
my twitter name is wdwismy2ndhome. :mickey:

I am debating the bagsbuy offer....I want that baggalini, but am cashpoor this week!!!:(

DVCsince02
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains exactly what this is and how to do it? I am new and trying to get the hang of it all.

m 'n c
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains exactly what this is and how to do it? I am new and trying to get the hang of it all.

What do you need help with? There are a ton of stickies but maybe we can narrow it down for you. Also check out the newbie section of the forum as there are some good threads in there too.

missangie
08-25-2009, 02:20 PM

There are three different contests going on today in the forum.

The first is the Crazy for Bargains TWO Pair-a-Day Giveaway. Did you get entered to win a pair of slippers from Crazy for Bargains? Check out this thread to see the rules.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=29869

This is a great opportunity to use your account to click through to a merchant and review a merchant site.

The second is our Crazy Credits contest. It is the most popular contest in the forum that we usually run every month or so. It focuses primarily on offers both freebies and paid offers. It requires you to get credit during the contest for any of the offers listed in the contest thread. The best way to find these offers is to do a keyword search using the search funtion in the left side bar on the SR home page! Here's a thread found in our forum stickies that will help with some basic instructions.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=16

The third is not really a contest as much as it is a bonus!! Tricia, our owner, has increased the payouts on some very popular merchants. If you order from any of those on the list, you will earn a little extra today and tomorrow! Here's a link to the thread with all the increases.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=29884&highlight=crazy+increase

This thread is the chatter thread where we can talk about the contests, ask questions, and share successes! Please feel free to ask more questions if needed. We are so happy to help!

SunshineGirl
08-25-2009, 02:23 PM

Just in case you mean "Crazy Credits" in general...here's a quick primer...

Over the time period when we run it, we designate certain offers as being part of the contest. If you do those offers and then post your credit from your account in the Contest thread, that post becomes an entry into the contest. The more times you enter, the better your chance of winning. We try to pull out some of the very best converting offers for the contest...plus some new ones for our members who have played in the past.

One thing to keep in mind with the offers is that you should NOT use your best personal email address. These offers are often the ones listed in our "freebie" section which means that they might sell any information that you give them. So be truthful when you fill out the info but don't give them anything that you would not want to be sold.

Some of the offers like Bagsbuy are obviously different because they are not in the "freebie" category.

missangie
08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I just added the Book Closeouts offer to the Crazy Credits contest! It's been around a while and has proven to be a good one. Here are some coupons that came along with the offer when it was new. There are not expiration dates listed. I assume they are still valid. So, I'm going to list them here for those of you interested in this offer. Please let me know if you have trouble using any of them.

Code: SUPERSAVE22-5

PW: bookcloseouts.com

Details: $5 off purchase of $35 or more.

Code: SUPERSAVE22-10

Details: $10 off purchase of $65 or more.

Code: SUPERSAVE22-20

Details: $20 off purchase of $120 or more.

gpp2001
08-25-2009, 02:32 PM
No OTX for this contest?

missangie
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
No OTX for this contest?

Just added it--cause I'm awesome like that!

SunshineGirl
08-25-2009, 02:43 PM
No OTX for this contest?

looks like she just added it. :)

gpp2001
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Just added it--cause I'm awesome like that!

Thanks Angie!!! What's Crazy Credits without OTX!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Alice28
08-25-2009, 04:28 PM
yay- got 2 freebies so far (the 2 new ones) and an OTX. I was locked out of OTX all weekend, so I'm pleased.:clap:

Alice28
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm getting an error message when I try the Dell laptop offer.

cinstorm
08-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I got the Dell one to go through but it says it credits on the last offer page and it has been 2 hours and I haven;t seen credit.

toystoryduo
08-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Not having much luck today. :( I'm 0/3 on offers and I'm still waiting on a Magazines.com order to pend. I wonder if something is blocking credits again? :confused: I did get an OTX survey so that's good news!:clap:

cjnix32
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I have asked this before, but still can't get the hang of it. How on earth do yo go through these offers without buying anything? I have gone through the Gucci one, for example. And can't get out without buying something. I viewed the offers, like was suggested to me before, but can't get out of it! Do I really have to buy something, or can I get through with only looking at the offers?!

m 'n c
08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
If you get to the gold/silver/platnium (or equivalent) just click the number they want you to look at, decide if you want to partake in any and then close out when you can no longer go any further. You should receive a confirmation email which will allow you to set up a password to track the offer status if you choose to sign up to win the Gucci bag, etc.

marcymajor
08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
i did the think fast-celebrity id offer about an hour and a half ago and was wondering how long it takes for this to credit and how long should i wait to delete my cookies. it is not listed as a fast crediting offer so it is my assumption that this is a manual credit. any info someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

marcymajor
08-26-2009, 08:24 AM
just a small bump.:D

missangie
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM
i did the think fast-celebrity id offer about an hour and a half ago and was wondering how long it takes for this to credit and how long should i wait to delete my cookies. it is not listed as a fast crediting offer so it is my assumption that this is a manual credit. any info someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

It's safe to clear cookies.

Weluvdisny
08-26-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm 1/4 so far.:cry:

m 'n c
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey guys!

Don't forget to put each entry into it's own post. So if you have an offer and an OTX for example put each one into its own post not both in 1 post.

athoods
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
have tried all the offers up till now and i gave only gotten 1 to credit . only 1 entry. not OXT yet this am and yesterday was to early to submit.:( Congrats to the rest of you though!!!!:D

amarazas
08-26-2009, 12:34 PM
So far I did 6 offers, and none of them have credited...I'm hoping nothing is up on my end... but I guess I'll stick with OTX; and maybe one or two "Big Money" Items...

faithhope
08-26-2009, 01:41 PM
finally have time to do some crazy credits... please keep doing CC... It is just bad timing for me...

Just waiting for OTX to credit on the hour... then off to do some offers... I got a Daily survey and an OTX today... whoo hoo:banana:

fourfoxesinpa
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Just wondering if the Vista Print is a manual credit? Did it a few hours ago, got my email confirmation but don't see pending credit yet. I don't want to clear my cookies and mess something up. Thanks.

missangie
08-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Just wondering if the Vista Print is a manual credit? Did it a few hours ago, got my email confirmation but don't see pending credit yet. I don't want to clear my cookies and mess something up. Thanks.

Yes, it is!

missangie
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Here are the first set of slipper winners just posted in that contest thread. I've copied the post here as well.

Our first two winners are . . .

Post #4 disney girl
Post #8 DVCsince02

Congrats to both of you!! Please open a trouble ticket to claim your prize. In the ticket, please include the email address that you use for the forum and your mailing address so that I can send out your slippers!

Thanks for playing!

mmm611
08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Here are the first set of slipper winners just posted in that contest thread. I've copied the post here as well.

Our first two winners are . . .

Post #4 disney girl
Post #8 DVCsince02

Congrats to both of you!! Please open a trouble ticket to claim your prize. In the ticket, please include the email address that you use for the forum and your mailing address so that I can send out your slippers!

Thanks for playing!

I have a question about this one. Do we have to post in that thread every day to be entered or is my post from yesterday still good?

Congrats to the winners!

m 'n c
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
I have a question about this one. Do we have to post in that thread every day to be entered or is my post from yesterday still good?

Congrats to the winners!

It seems as if we need to post every day. Not sure if it can be the same thing or a new item each day.

lanny76
08-26-2009, 06:14 PM
not having luck with the freebies crediting for me (1/7, so far, I think) so I have done some of the bigger payout offers, since I haven't done many of those. so, I decided to try Video Professor, got the email confirmation, but credit hasn't showed up pending yet after a couple hours - will this one take a while then? can I still post I did it if it doesn't post pending before the contest ends?!

missangie
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
not having luck with the freebies crediting for me (1/7, so far, I think) so I have done some of the bigger payout offers, since I haven't done many of those. so, I decided to try Video Professor, got the email confirmation, but credit hasn't showed up pending yet after a couple hours - will this one take a while then? can I still post I did it if it doesn't post pending before the contest ends?!

I've reached out to our contact on this one. I didn't think this one was a delay, but I've inquired. Unfortunately, It needs to credit to be eligible for the contest. Hold onto your confirmation email because I'll need it should we have to fight for this one.

faithhope
08-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I hope we can get the 400 entries to get another day to work on the Crazy Credits... but it doesn't look good... I didn't get a chance to do anything yesterday or half of today...

So far I'm doing good... 3 entries
-Twitter (everyone can do this... can't we find 200 SR members to do this right now, so we can hit the 400 entries)
- OTX - yeah I got one today!!!:D
- 1 out of 2 offers I've tried...

I'm just waiting for the top of the hour to see if another offer will credit. I'll keep plugging away until the end of the contest.

mmm611
08-26-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm just waiting for the top of the hour to see if another offer will credit. I'll keep plugging away until the end of the contest.

Same here! I decided I needed a haircut, so I did an offer and went out for that while I was waiting for the top of the hour. I think I might go do my Wii Fit now and then come back after 8 to see if the next offer creditted.

faithhope
08-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Same here! I decided I needed a haircut, so I did an offer and went out for that while I was waiting for the top of the hour. I think I might go do my Wii Fit now and then come back after 8 to see if the next offer creditted.

Great idea... I can wii fit in between my next offer and waiting for the top of the hour:sunshine2:

aknight373
08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
i am trying to help.. we are leaving this weekend for a small trip so i am trying to do stuff around the house plus this !!!

faithhope
08-26-2009, 09:06 PM
looks like there is only enough time for me to do one more offer and have it credit before the end of the contest.
so I better pick a good offer to try :sunshine2:

lanny76
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I've reached out to our contact on this one. I didn't think this one was a delay, but I've inquired. Unfortunately, It needs to credit to be eligible for the contest. Hold onto your confirmation email because I'll need it should we have to fight for this one.

well, rats phooey! :( I did it hoping to make it an entry for the contest - because I can't seem to get freebies to credit, or qualify for an OTX, either. I mean, I think it'll be nice to try it out too, and the payout is great! Hope it will come thru.

m 'n c
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm trying but not having luck with credits now. Trying for an OTX so my fingers are crossed.

SunshineGirl
08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
CC is almost over and all of a sudden we have more people trying for offers than we have had in two days!!! What do you think we can do to get Angie to extend it?

m 'n c
08-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe we can make it to 250. Would that be enough?

cjnix32
08-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Totally bizarre what is crediting and what isn't. Have seemingly done about 10 offers, with only about two to credit. Oh well, everyone that credits is another mickey ice cream bar!!

m 'n c
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Totally bizarre what is crediting and what isn't. Have seemingly done about 10 offers, with only about two to credit. Oh well, everyone that credits is another mickey ice cream bar!!

That is totally true! I find that you never can tell what is going to credit so I try as many as I can. Usually in 30 days there is another contest so I can try them again. LOL

missangie
08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Rules are Rules!! BUT have you ever heard the saying that rules were made to be broken? If you all promise to join us again tomorrow with your OTX surveys and offer activity, I'll happily break the rules. It's just cause I love ya!! :love:

Crazy Credits will run through tomorrow night at 11:00 EST. Take advantage of the opportunity to earn some credits and even win a bonus!!

cjnix32
08-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Angie..YOU ROCK!!!!

m 'n c
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Woo Hoo! Thanks Angie. I did 2 more just now as a last ditch effort. I hope they come through at the top of the hour.

faithhope
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
YES!
Thank you Angie!
I'll start working on offers right now...and I promise to TRY a daily and OTX tomorrow...

gpp2001
08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks Angie!! I will continue to try tomorrow!!!

cjnix32
08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Love the contests. I have tried to do things this time that I haven't done before. Even if I don't win...makes me keep trying. Money for you, money for me! :love:

arob414
08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Angie, you are wonderful. Now, I can go to bed, tomorrow evening I can try some more CC AND play a new game on my new Game Pass acct (shh, my secret addiction only 2nd to coffee)

chipndale
08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks Angie! I plan to get up early tomorrow morning and try some offers before things get crazy in my house.

lanny76
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
yay! maybe my video professor will come thru tomorrow so i can post it!:D
i keep trying offers, but so far only have 1/10.

Alice28
08-27-2009, 12:31 AM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!:cooldance:

Get ready to mail me that $250 Disney gift card - I am going to have NO PROBLEMO making it to $250 by 9/15 with all these awesome offers SR keeps putting up. Thanks!

linda23p
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
need some luck:mickey::minnie:

mmm611
08-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Thank you Angie! Surveys didn't like me yesterday at all...hopefully today surveys and offers will both like me more!

mmm611
08-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Angie, you are wonderful. Now, I can go to bed, tomorrow evening I can try some more CC AND play a new game on my new Game Pass acct (shh, my secret addiction only 2nd to coffee)

Can you explain the Game pass offer to me? I've read what they have at their site, but don't really understand what it is, how it works, and what games are available. Thanks!

brookelizabeth
08-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Thank you for extending this! So far I have only qualified for 1 thing, but I'll keep trying throughout today. I am new to this, so I think I might have done the freebie thing wrong-I didn't click on any of the offers. I'll keep trying!!!!

piglet-for-me
08-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Rules are Rules!! BUT have you ever heard the saying that rules were made to be broken? If you all promise to join us again tomorrow with your OTX surveys and offer activity, I'll happily break the rules. It's just cause I love ya!! :love:

Crazy Credits will run through tomorrow night at 11:00 EST. Take advantage of the opportunity to earn some credits and even win a bonus!!

Yippee!! :thanks:

I'm off to try again. I did an OTX yesterday and forgot all about it until I saw the credit this morning. Off to add it to the other thread.

missangie
08-27-2009, 09:21 AM
New research project just added to the contest. It's about Disney Parks!!!!

jakeandsophiesmom
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks Angie!!:thanks: I :heart: Crazy Credits!!! Just need a few more dollars to cash out again for Oct!! :cooldance:

29apr00
08-27-2009, 10:01 AM
:yay; i got the research one done! :clap: I didn't do so great on the offers this time! I only got 1 to credit!

But i did get my 2 OTX's....keep trying for today!

Thanks Angie! You are so great!

missangie
08-27-2009, 10:30 AM
ATTN: Book Lovers

I got approval from the advertiser for repeat completions of the Book Closeouts.com Special offer. If refreshed it and created a new offer number for it. If this is something you'd like to try again, go for it!!

I have not received confirmation that the coupons are still valid, but if someone wants to give them a try and report back, that would be awesome!!

Code: SUPERSAVE22-5

Details: $5 off purchase of $35 or more.

Code: SUPERSAVE22-10

Details: $10 off purchase of $65 or more.

Code: SUPERSAVE22-20

Details: $20 off purchase of $120 or more.

faithhope
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
woo hoo... great survey day...
I got the disney one, a daily (I know...doesn't count for the contest...but still amazing), and an otx...

I'm just hanging out till the top of the hour so I can eat cookies (oops I meant clean cookies) and try and offer...

I hope everyone else has good luck today with offers and surveys.

missangie
08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Hundreds of members have now received credit for the Disney Parks survey! Way to go!! This is super easy money--go get it!!

Also, just wanted to remind everyone about a couple of really good BIG Money offers on the list.

Give LifeLock a good review. This might be just want you need to protect yourself from fraud and theft.

Also Don't miss out on the Perfect Brownie Pan or Book Closeouts.com.

You can also still take advantage of 250 free business cards from VistaPrint. Remember these make great personal info cards if you don't have a business. Perfect for backpacks, play dates, new friends and personal contacts, PTO, soccer moms, etc. It's much easier than trying to write down you phone number or email when someone asks for it. Of course, when you run out of business cards, you might consider buying a Poken!!

Almost forgot--have you ordered backpacks yet or maybe that baggallini I told you about--Check out the Bagsbuy offer!

disney_girl
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Angie- I used the $5 off $35 coupon for Bookcloseouts and it worked for me!

m 'n c
08-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Do you have any other really good surveys or freebies Angie?? :)

lanny76
08-27-2009, 03:14 PM

any luck on finding out anything about this one?!? thanks!

missangie
08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I've got one in the works, just waiting on a couple of details! Something new to add to the list soon.

I did add an old offer and a BIG money offer to the list!

Don't forget you can also enter to win some really cute, cozy slippers everyday through 8/31.

sarah4770
08-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the contest. For some reason, I am having a lot of luck with the offers! Just what I needed to get me motivated again!

StitchandPooh'smom
08-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I just finished my OTX and it should post at 11:00, but I'm going to bed. Can I add it as an entry in the morning, or is that cheating? :sunshine:

Edited:

It posted with yesterday's date, so I know it posted at 11 pm. I added it this morning, but take it out if necessary. Thanks!

arob414
08-27-2009, 10:30 PM
I did one after 9p and it has already credited. Totally surprised, I was just going to take the money and forget the contest.

gpp2001
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Woo Hoo!! I just realized I won a pair of slippers!!! I was just thinking "Oh - I need to put my entry in for today!! But let's see who won today first!!" And it was me!! No need to enter today!! Thanks SR!! Looking forward to my slippers!!

Karn

missangie
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Crazy Credits winners have been posted!

Don't forget to enter for your chance to win a pair of those cute Crazy for Bargains slippers!!! Has anyone ordered yet? I've seen a lot of great favorites at super prices!

fanofree
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
:cooldance: I just won a pair of slippers! Thanks SR!!!! :sunshine2:

mmm611
08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Me too, thank you!

missangie
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
any luck on finding out anything about this one?!? thanks!

This credited for you today! This one just runs on a delay.

lanny76
09-07-2009, 02:39 PM
This credited for you today! This one just runs on a delay.

I saw it, thanks! At first thot, I was sorry it's still pending until Oct 15, but then I realized I already will make SM for this quarter, so it will be a big help for the next quarter!