PDA

View Full Version : Is it my computer or GF?

DarcyDog
09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Trying to get my DS and I have 4 options checked on the first page, but when I click on the "Start Survey" button, it goes right to the "We're Sorry" page.
When I go back to try again, those same 4 options are there and I check them again, click on "Start Survey" and it goes right back to the "We're Sorry" page.

Is this normal or is there a problem with my computer or laptop? I've cleared cookies and checked for malware.

m 'n c
09-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I was just able to get into a survey. I bet you are just stuck in a loop with your options. I would wait a little bit and then try again.

DarcyDog
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I'll try waiting, but this happened to me yesterday too and I never did get a survey. Keeping my fingers crossed.

StitchandPooh'smom
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Keep trying. I had four options checked and clicked to start survey, then I got the "There are no surveys for you" message. I went back and had the same options clicked, and I was able to get into a survey (which coincidentally had no relevance to the four options that were checked). I think sometimes it kicks you out even if you meet the checked demographic (kids of a certain age, for example) because one of the other demos doesn't match (where you live, income, etc.). It can be frustrating to have boxes checked and keep seeing there are no surveys - I always think "But what about that one, or that one?" :computer:

DarcyDog
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
This is still happening. If everyone is able to get into a a survey, then fault has to be my computer. Do any computer savvy folks have any suggestions? I am so discouraged right now as I have at least 6 options to check, but can't get one. :cry:

cglaura
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Nevermind, you already tried what I suggested!

What time was your last survey completed? Is it possible you got stuck in some sort or 24 hour Greenfield space time continuum...sort of like OTX?

DarcyDog
09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Space time continuum :rotfl: That's an intriguing idea, but I had this problem yesterday too. The last DS survey I completed was on August 30.

I am at a total loss. Maybe I'll just stay away from DS for awhile.

m 'n c
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Space time continuum :rotfl: That's an intriguing idea, but I had this problem yesterday too. The last DS survey I completed was on August 30.

I am at a total loss. Maybe I'll just stay away from DS for awhile.

Maybe try unchecking all the boxes or just some of them? I've heard Cindy talk about clicking none of the above when she has issues.

DarcyDog
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Just remembered that I updated Firefox to v. 3.5.2 over the weekend. Thought that might be it, so I tried IE7 and have the same problem. Could the Firefox update be causing this? How is it possible it would have an impact on IE7?

m 'n c
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
No that shouldn't be an issue. I run both on my computer. Sorry. :(

DarcyDog
09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Still cannot get a DS or 2 cents survey since 08/31/09. Everything else seems to be working fine. I'm getting OTX surveys. I'm beginning to wonder if GF has banned me for some reason. Can't think of any rules I knowingly broke, but I'm desperate to find out why I can't get a survey. I've had loads of options that apply to me, but when I check them and click "start survey" I go right to the "we're sorry" page, and those options don't go away when I try again so I don't think it's demographics. Can I assume that if I've done something wrong and GF has banned me, I would be notified?

cglaura
09-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Ok, this is really reaching, but whenever I do the Greenfield surveys, after I fill out my demo info and email and click the submit, a little pop up box from Real Player comes up asking me if I want to update my player.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of Real Player hidden file that helps them track, and maybe you don't have Real Player installed? Or maybe you updated or changed it recently?

DarcyDog
09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I've never had a realplayer box pop up. I'm running real player SP version 1.0.1. The only thing I did was upgrade to firefox 3.5.2. I thought this was the problem and went back to my old version of firefox, but no luck. Plus, I have the same problem with IE7. I keep telling myself to give up on daily surveys, but all I will have left is shopping and OTX surveys. I've had some malware problems, so I don't do offers anymore (on pain of death from my computer guru). I'm just really sad/frustrated by this problem and it's odd that it started September 1.