PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Free Trial

missangie
09-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Yippee!! Blockbuster is back! We've just added the Blockbuster Free Trial Offer. Choose from several different plans including programs that allow up to 3 DVD's at a time and the ability to return and exchange in store. This is a very popular program. If you watch even 2-3 movies per month, it is worth the investment.

Please note that all new sign ups must continue membership with Blockbuster beyond the free trial period in order to receive credit.

jnorth1007
09-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Angie is this still for only new members? I have been a member of Blockbuster in the past (a few years ago) but it was before SR and I have never recieved credit for doing a blockbuster offer. Since we cut out our premium cable channels I was thinking of rejoining. Can I get credit for doing it or is it still just for new members only? Thanks!

missangie
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Angie is this still for only new members? I have been a member of Blockbuster in the past (a few years ago) but it was before SR and I have never recieved credit for doing a blockbuster offer. Since we cut out our premium cable channels I was thinking of rejoining. Can I get credit for doing it or is it still just for new members only? Thanks!

I would assume if it's been that long since you've used Blockbuster online you would be considered a new member. I don't recall the specific requirement in that regard. Let me review the offer again to see if I can give you a better answer.

missangie
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I've reviewed the terms. It doesn't look like this is restricted to just "new" members. I believe returning customers will be credited as well. Now, I'm going to assume that you need to have been gone from the Blockbuster online program from 6+ months which is fairly standard for most of the membership club offers.

mmm611
09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
This is actually perfect timing as I was just considering restarting my membership after about 2 years. I'll have to make up my mind fast and figure out if I want to do it or not!

cjjmesser
09-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Is there a specific amount of time we need to continue beyond the free trial? I'd like to try this but I don't want to be locked in for months and months if it doesn't work for us.

SunshineGirl
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Is there a specific amount of time we need to continue beyond the free trial? I'd like to try this but I don't want to be locked in for months and months if it doesn't work for us.

I think basically if you cancel right after the free trial they will take the credit back. But if you try it out at all after that, it's up to you how long you want to keep it.

We only ended up getting to keep this one about 2 weeks last time so I am hoping that it lasts longer this time. But it's such a big offer that we never know.

jnorth1007
09-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I just tried to do this one but it reconized my email as being an old member so I dont think old members can get credit for signing back up. I love this offer though! It is a great payout for a great service. You are basically getting paid to use the service for two months since they give you month 1 for free and then pay you ten dollars. This is a must do for anyone who hasn't been a Blockbuster Online member!

missangie
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I just tried to do this one but it reconized my email as being an old member so I dont think old members can get credit for signing back up. I love this offer though! It is a great payout for a great service. You are basically getting paid to use the service for two months since they give you month 1 for free and then pay you ten dollars. This is a must do for anyone who hasn't been a Blockbuster Online member!

Did you complete the signup? If so, I'll watch for a credit. If needed we can open an inquiry and get a definite answer from Blockbuster.

mmm611
09-11-2009, 08:26 AM
I did the signup the other day as well but just used a new email address for this one. It's been so long since I was a member that I wasn't sure I could remember my password and there really wouldn't be anything still in my account to begin with. I know they save your queue for so long after you cancel, but it might be 6 months or a year. I cancelled 2 years ago. I've also moved since the last time I was a member, so I figured it was OK to use a new email address (plus their website said you could do this if you couldn't remember your password.)

arob414
09-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Did you complete the signup? If so, I'll watch for a credit. If needed we can open an inquiry and get a definite answer from Blockbuster.

I would like to re-join, again, also. I did this at least 2 yrs ago and maybe 3 yrs ago. We used it thru the summer but school started back and we got to busy. However, in an effort to save money, this is much cheaper than going to the movies.

missangie
09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I would like to re-join, again, also. I did this at least 2 yrs ago and maybe 3 yrs ago. We used it thru the summer but school started back and we got to busy. However, in an effort to save money, this is much cheaper than going to the movies.

It may be that this offer will not issue credit for past members signing up again. We did receive credit for a member who used Blockbuster in the past, but there was both an email and an address change for that person. At this point I still don't have a definite answer. If Blockbuster is a good deal for your family and you want to sign up, I will absolutely keep an eye open for credit and open an inquiry if we need to.

Alice28
09-11-2009, 10:52 AM
It may be that this offer will not issue credit for past members signing up again. We did receive credit for a member who used Blockbuster in the past, but there was both an email and an address change for that person. At this point I still don't have a definite answer. If Blockbuster is a good deal for your family and you want to sign up, I will absolutely keep an eye open for credit and open an inquiry if we need to.

I'm thinking about it too- I did do Blockbuster a long time ago (3 years ago?), but since we've moved and I have a new email as well.

Alice28
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I went ahead and tried it- hopefully it will come thru without issue. :sunshine:

mmm611
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM

Angie, I think you're talking about me, as I see the credit pending today. I really wasn't expecting it to show up till after the trial was over, but if you get clarification and find I did anything wrong on this one, please take back my credit.

I had been considering signing up again anyways, so the offer just pushed my signup date forward a bit.

missangie
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Angie, I think you're talking about me, as I see the credit pending today. I really wasn't expecting it to show up till after the trial was over, but if you get clarification and find I did anything wrong on this one, please take back my credit.

I had been considering signing up again anyways, so the offer just pushed my signup date forward a bit.

Yes, I was!! As long as you keep your service beyond the trial period, everything should be perfect! Congrats! That's a really nice credit.

missangie
09-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Wow! Several people have taken advantage of the Blockbuster Total Access Free Trial and $10 cash back! Congrats to each of you on a great deal and a great credit.

I don't think I've seen credit come in yet for a new sign up from a former Blockbuster member, but I'm absolutely certain that new Blockbuster members are seeing credits come in fairly quickly.

If you are considering Blockbuster, this is a great deal!!

Alice28
09-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I got my credit!

And I am a former Blockbuster member, but as I mentioned before, I had a different address & different email then. That probably doesn't count? Now, for my movies to come so I can catch up on movie watching.

missangie
09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
I got my credit!

And I am a former Blockbuster member, but as I mentioned before, I had a different address & different email then. That probably doesn't count? Now, for my movies to come so I can catch up on movie watching.

Great news! Thanks for sharing.