PDA

View Full Version : OTX

Chevelle
09-18-2009, 07:00 AM
The completed OTX for 9/16/09 did not credit for me. Has any one else had this problem?

SunshineGirl
09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
We had a normal number of credits come through that day. :( Is that they only day that you had a problem?

Chevelle
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Yes at this time but it has happened a couple times before a couple of month ago and the main reason I posted is I get feed up doing them then find them not to credit. It is hard enough just to get into a survey anymore that when this happens it makes me want to give up on surveys altogether.

SunshineGirl
09-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Some people, unfortunately, find that it isn't worth it on their computers. But that is definitely the exception, not the rule. There are a couple of threads about the best ways to get OTX to credit (I think in the technical forum). One thing that seems to help is to clear your cookies first and then leave the OTX page open after you complete the survey.

I'll admit that I never clear cookies. And I use both IE and Firefox interchangeably. And I don't think that I have ever taken one and had it not credit. (maybe one??) So I don't think that all tips work for all people. But if you have them not credit for you frequently, there is definitely a setting on your computer that isn't working or something that is blocking the cookies. We have about 10-15% credit rates on a lot of freebie offers, but it's more like 95-98% of the time that people complete OTX and Greenfield that they credit properly.

imacubfan
09-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm a newbie, so please bear with me if I'm not asking this in the correct place...but, I am no longer able to access any OTX surveys on either of my computers. I click on the banner and fill in my information, but when I click "do I qualify?" I go to another screen that has a small black square in the middle of the screen. That's it. Every once in awhile there is a sentence that says "Object has been moved here" but when I click on the "here" link I just get the screen with the black square. When I attempt to refresh the page I get the following message:
Come back soon

We're sorry, but you seem to have reached the maximum number of surveys in our system for the time period. If you have joined several survey programs, you may have taken one of our surveys on another survey program.

We have many survey opportunities most of the time, so don't hesitate to try again tomorrow for your next chance to give your opinion.

Click the Next button to be sent back to your survey program.

So it thinks I've done a survey already, but I haven't. Not in 5 days now. I have cleared cookies and done everything else I know to do. It doesn't matter how many times a day I try or how long I wait between tries, I get the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas for this clueless, technology-challenged newbie? I hate that I'm missing out on the opportunity to earn a little money from this survey! Mostly it's just frustrating.

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.

SunshineGirl
09-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm a newbie, so please bear with me if I'm not asking this in the correct place...but, I am no longer able to access any OTX surveys on either of my computers. I click on the banner and fill in my information, but when I click "do I qualify?" I go to another screen that has a small black square in the middle of the screen. That's it. Every once in awhile there is a sentence that says "Object has been moved here" but when I click on the "here" link I just get the screen with the black square. When I attempt to refresh the page I get the following message:
Come back soon

We're sorry, but you seem to have reached the maximum number of surveys in our system for the time period. If you have joined several survey programs, you may have taken one of our surveys on another survey program.

We have many survey opportunities most of the time, so don't hesitate to try again tomorrow for your next chance to give your opinion.

Click the Next button to be sent back to your survey program.

So it thinks I've done a survey already, but I haven't. Not in 5 days now. I have cleared cookies and done everything else I know to do. It doesn't matter how many times a day I try or how long I wait between tries, I get the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas for this clueless, technology-challenged newbie? I hate that I'm missing out on the opportunity to earn a little money from this survey! Mostly it's just frustrating.

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, try going into your "Tools--Internet Options" and Deleting your Browser History. It sounds like something may be stuck in your cache beyond just a cookie.

imacubfan
09-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using Firefox and have cleared all private data (not just cookies) and it's still doing the same thing. I've used Firefox all along with no issues, but maybe something is different now??? I can use IE, although I never really do otherwise. I'll give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help!:)

jnorth1007
09-18-2009, 05:50 PM
You might also try downloadin CCLeaner. It is free and you can use it to clear the cookies on all of your programs at one time. It WILL clear out any user names and passwords you have saved on your computer but I use it everyday and it makes it so much easier to clear cookies and it keeps my computer running better.

jnorth1007
09-18-2009, 05:53 PM
You might also want to check your blocked sites setting on your browser and make sure OTX isn't listed there.

3dog2kidmom
09-18-2009, 06:52 PM
We had a normal number of credits come through that day. :( Is that they only day that you had a problem?

My OTX from the 16th did not credit either. I don't think I've ever had one not credit either, Tricia.

:confused:

imacubfan
09-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you all for your help. I got an OTX survey after several tries so I'm a happy girl!! :cooldance: I remembered my brother had installed an Ad-blocker so I turned it off and voila! it worked.

Thanks again for being so helpful to the new gal on the block. Happy Weekend!

Chevelle
09-24-2009, 06:33 AM
As I posted before I am having problems with now 3 in the past week that has not credit 3's charm so I wont do any more on SR again. I have tried it on another site and it credited with no problem so I believe that it is SR.
Also SR wont do anything about it.

askomsky
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
As I posted before I am having problems with now 3 in the past week that has not credit 3's charm so I wont do any more on SR again. I have tried it on another site and it credited with no problem so I believe that it is SR.
Also SR wont do anything about it.

I'm sorry that your having problems, but doing them on another site probably IS your problem with them crediting. If your doing them on more then one site which SR recommends you don't then you probably won't get credit. Again sorry your having a tough time, I've been a member for over 2 yrs and probably had less then 6 in 2+ yrs NOT credit.

Chevelle
09-24-2009, 06:47 AM
I did it on another site to find out if it would credit and it did. I would rather do them on SR but it is apparent that I am not going to get credit on this site anymore so I will not waste my time. Also it was crediting before the 16th.

cglaura
09-24-2009, 07:34 AM
I have found that OTX is a true 24 hour clock for me. Even if it lets me take another survey, it won't credit unless it's been 24 hours since my last one credited and/or finished successfully.

So it isn't like greenfield where you can take one at 10pm thursday night, then 5 pm friday....not a calendar day, but a true 24 hour day.

Maybe this is an issue with some members not getting credit sometimes? :confused:

loretta32965
09-24-2009, 08:15 AM
This is on the page for OTX: Click on the banner above to fill out the "qualifying" information. If after you have filled out the qualifying information you are selected to take a survey, you will be rewarded .75 for filling out the survey completely. Please note that we are unable to trace the surveys beyond what OTX credits us for. Do not request credit as we are unable to track beyond what we receive from them. You may try as many times in a day as it takes to get accepted. Survey credits will appear in your accounts generally within a few hours.

So sorry you're having challenges with OTX. All of us, at one time or another do, some more, some less. On the OTX page, it states that SR cannot trace beyond what they receive from them. I believe this is an arrangement from OTX, not SR. I also believe that there is nothing SR can do for technical issues with OTX. Again, up to OTX, not SR. Usually if there is a problem, there will be something in the forum. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn or giving wrong info.

jnorth1007
09-24-2009, 08:30 AM
I have to disagree with you that it is an issue with SR and not an issue with your computer. Quite frankly there is a large number of people each day who take and recieve credit for OTX surveys through the same link you use. I can assure you if SR were having issues with everyone (or even a majority of people) taking OTX surveys and not getting credits they would (and have in the past) pulled the link. It does them no good to have people taking surveys and not getting credit...they get nothing when you get nothing. SR wants you to get credit even more than you do...this is a side thing for you and so you can walk away if credits aren't coming...this is Tricia's life and business, how she supports her family. If she doesn't get credit for things enough she doesn't get a paycheck. My point being that I think your post very much sounded like Tricia doesn't care but when it comes to OTX we can only help people as much as they are willing to listen to and try our advice. OTX as a company does not accept complaints about individual crediting issues. Unlike Greenfield who accepts complaints about technical issues with certain surveys OTX doesn't. I personally have never had an OTX not credit. I have had issues with not getting qualified for one. I have had crediting issues on shopping but it was always my computer...not SR. It could be a situation where there is no correlation between you trying the OTX at another site and getting credit. There are so many factors that affect you getting credit because it is all dependent on cookies. Do you have other windows open when taking them at SR? Do you clear cookies after doing them? Do you immediately do another offer after doing them? Do you go to another site and do other survey/offer type things after doing them? Do you clear your cookies everyday before doing an OTX? Do you use the same email and demographics everytime you do an OTX? Did you check that OTX is not on your blocked site list? See what I mean? I am so sorry you are having issues and we are all willing to help you figure out what could be causing the problem but it would involve you doing some trial and error first. Hopefully you can get this figured out.

loretta32965
09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
I have to disagree with you that it is an issue with SR and not an issue with your computer. Quite frankly there is a large number of people each day who take and recieve credit for OTX surveys through the same link you use. I can assure you if SR were having issues with everyone (or even a majority of people) taking OTX surveys and not getting credits they would (and have in the past) pulled the link. It does them no good to have people taking surveys and not getting credit...they get nothing when you get nothing. SR wants you to get credit even more than you do...this is a side thing for you and so you can walk away if credits aren't coming...this is Tricia's life and business, how she supports her family. If she doesn't get credit for things enough she doesn't get a paycheck. My point being that I think your post very much sounded like Tricia doesn't care but when it comes to OTX we can only help people as much as they are willing to listen to and try our advice. OTX as a company does not accept complaints about individual crediting issues. Unlike Greenfield who accepts complaints about technical issues with certain surveys OTX doesn't. I personally have never had an OTX not credit. I have had issues with not getting qualified for one. I have had crediting issues on shopping but it was always my computer...not SR. It could be a situation where there is no correlation between you trying the OTX at another site and getting credit. There are so many factors that affect you getting credit because it is all dependent on cookies. Do you have other windows open when taking them at SR? Do you clear cookies after doing them? Do you immediately do another offer after doing them? Do you go to another site and do other survey/offer type things after doing them? Do you clear your cookies everyday before doing an OTX? Do you use the same email and demographics everytime you do an OTX? Did you check that OTX is not on your blocked site list? See what I mean? I am so sorry you are having issues and we are all willing to help you figure out what could be causing the problem but it would involve you doing some trial and error first. Hopefully you can get this figured out.

You were reading my thoughts with your post. The SR crew works many long, hard hours everyday to give us opportunities to make money AND resolve problems. They can only go so far if OTX doesn't offer technical assistance. They don't want you to waste your time BUT they do want you to make an effort. I do have another suggestion when OTX gives you the dreaded "you don't qualify" or "you've exceeded" messages. If your survey gets "stuck" do not refresh your screen first. Try the back arrow. EVERYTIME I've hit the refresh button while stuck I get the "you've exceeded and come back in __ hours" and I get locked out till 24 hours have passed, even though I know I didn't finish one. It thinks you have. Every time I've hit the back browser I've been able to save the survey and pick up where it stopped. Hope this helps.

Chevelle
09-24-2009, 09:41 AM
OUCH!!!!!! But when you try on 3 surveys on 2 computers and none credit it is not the computer. But thanks for flaming me. Since I cannot make a comment I will not post again. Thanks for the hostility then trying to make it sound like your are sorry YEAH RIGHT. If I could cash out right now I would then walk away mainly because of your hateful comments. :headache:

cglaura
09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
OUCH!!!!!! But when you try on 3 surveys on 2 computers and none credit it is not the computer. But thanks for flaming me. Since I cannot make a comment I will not post again. Thanks for the hostility then trying to make it sound like your are sorry YEAH RIGHT. If I could cash out right now I would then walk away mainly because of your hateful comments. :headache:

I don't think anyone was really trying to be hateful. I think they were just trying to help figure things out. It just does seem odd that they credit just fine for the majority of members. Regardless of whether you rec'd credit from somewhere else, something might be blocking cookies from this advertiser. OTX is offered by many different places / advertisers. So SR otx could be from xyzsurveycompany and your other rewards site otx comes from lmnopsurveycompany.

Have you run Malwarebytes or something similar to see if there is any spyware on your system? It could very well be the reason advertiser X credited but SR didn't is because they loaded something hidden that diverts or blocks other rewards programs.

If you use 2 different computers it is possible you visited the place that had the spyware on both so it is on both systems.

Again, not flaming, bashing, or anything. Just giving other options to consider.

loretta32965
09-24-2009, 10:14 AM
No one here is trying or meaning to be hostile or offensive. You have to realize that trying to diagnose technical problems is very difficult when everyone's physical locations are all around the country. I'd love it if SR were around the corner and I could take my computer to them when I experience frustration and just say "please help". I went through a period earlier this year where I had problems for weeks of nothing crediting and it turned out to be spyware. It even blew out my mouse. When I face a situation like this I take my hard drive into the "geeksquad" to look at. It is always something simple and they've never charged me. It's an inconvenience but works. If I came across in my posts in a mean way, I'm sorry. I'm very defensive when it comes to SR. They are one of the few legitimate sites of this type where I feel like part of a community, I can make a few dollars and never leave my house, and are very honest with us. Without SR, I would have never been able to help my daughter with a BAD situation with my earnings. To me, that means more to me than a few surveys not crediting. It's all free money. I know you don't post often but I hope you read them. You would see the value in being a member. People really care here! They share in good news and sad news, they cry when we cry and celebrate with us. I can't find this anywhere else.

m 'n c
09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as it has gone downhill pretty fast and I don't want anyone to feel attacked whether it be a member or Tricia. We are more than happy to help with technical issues but we need basic information such as what kind of computer you are using, internet connections, etc otherwise it is the blind leading the blind. If anyone wants help troubleshooting issues please start a new thread in the technical issues section with some basic information and we will all try to help.

jnorth1007
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I wasn't around earlier when the thread was closed but I wanted to follow up by saying my post was in NO WAY meant to be a flame or a bashing on you. It was a response to your frustration in thinking SR was unwilling to help you with your issue. It was meant to try to help you. I know from experience that getting in the rut of thinking that the issues are with SR is not going to help get things crediting. I for one would be glad to help you figure out what the problem is. If you would like that help you can do like Cate said and start a thread in the Technical Issues thread or you can PM me and I will help any way I can. I think people have posted some very good replies about things you can check to help find out what the issue it. Please don't take the posts as being ugly or mean but take them in the manner they were meant to be posted...coming from a place of helping you figure out why you are having issues. Hope this clears things up a bit.