PDA

View Full Version : Audio Books?

SunshineGirl
09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Do we have enough people interested in audiobooks to try to get a special deal going with audible.com?

askomsky
09-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Do we have enough people interested in audiobooks to try to get a special deal going with audible.com?

The only ones I'm interested in right now are HP, I've heard that listening to him read them are just as interesting. :) So if I had to pick, I would do it for Harry! lol

nicnik
09-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I listen to audio books all the time! I typically get them from the library because they're free that way, but in certain cases I have purchased them. So, I can't promise that I would buy even with a deal, but I would consider it for sure!

And askomsky, the HP audio books are excellent! I've listened to all of them (most of them more than once) and the narrator is just fantastic.

SunshineGirl
09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
The bad news is that Audible.com does not have Harry Potter yet. The good news is that we have negotiated a deal!!!

From now through September 30, if you sign up for a Gold Listener membership at Audible.com, you will get $12 back from Sunshine Rewards. This is an amazing deal because you get your first 3 months for $7.49. That's a free book each month plus other member benefits. Audiobooks usually run anywhere from $20 to upwards of $40 if they are new releases.

This is a fantastic time to try Audible.com because it is basically no risk. You don't lose anything if you try it for one month. Even if you only try it for 2 months, it would still only cost you $3. After the 3rd month, the rate does go up to their standard $14.95 fee. But that is still about half of what you would pay for most audiobooks.

Anyone up for giving it a try? :)

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/Audible/

missangie
09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Oh my, that really is a great deal!! It's like get a 50% discount on that three month membership.

I have a teen who is just getting killed with freshman homework. He loves to read but just hasn't had time to enjoy it since school started. I think Audible.com may be just what he needs. We downloaded a book from iTunes this summer that was much more expensive, and he thought that was great. Definitely going to have to check this out!

If you've followed all of the promotion of books at SR recently but just aren't a reader. This may be just want you need too!

AlternateEgo
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I did it :) I am currently downloading the software so I can burn the cd and listen in my car :)

missangie
09-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm so happy to see that a few of you have gotten in on this INCREASED cash back for Audible.com. After a very busy weekend, I'll be placing my order as well!

$12 cash back ends 9/30--Don't miss it!

marcymajor
09-26-2009, 02:12 PM
i hate to sound too stupid but how exactly does audible.com work? do you have to have an ipod to listen to the book, do they supply audio discs? it sounds like a great deal but would love to know more about it first. if anyone could give me some info about this it would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

sunshinecindy
09-26-2009, 03:55 PM
i hate to sound too stupid but how exactly does audible.com work? do you have to have an ipod to listen to the book, do they supply audio discs? it sounds like a great deal but would love to know more about it first. if anyone could give me some info about this it would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

You can listen on your computer, burn it to a CD or put it on your Ipod, several different ways.

missangie
09-28-2009, 08:12 AM

You don't actually have to have an "iPod" either. After downloading the audiobook from Audible.com, you can put it on an iPod, Zune, or OTHER MP3 Player. I don't have an iPod, but I can use Audible on my Samsung MP3.

29apr00
09-28-2009, 08:54 AM
So after the 3 months promo, it's $14.95...PLUS the cost of books? Or is the $14.95 the cost of the book? I tried to look and see if this is compatable with an Ereader..but couldn't find it. Does anyone know if you can download these to a Kindle??

missangie
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
So after the 3 months promo, it's $14.95...PLUS the cost of books? Or is the $14.95 the cost of the book? I tried to look and see if this is compatable with an Ereader..but couldn't find it. Does anyone know if you can download these to a Kindle??

The monthly fee covers one credit per month and that credit is equal to one audiobook. So, yes the $7.49 or $14.95 pays for a book each month. Now, they do have some selections that are worth two credits, but most are just one. I don't believe audible.com is compatible with ereaders like Kindle. They are audio files only. To see the wide range of compatible devices, choose the link on their site for "How It Works" and then "Compatible Devices".

I just signed up! I think I'll make this my DS's Halloween Treat!

nicholfamily5
09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
I signed up! I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it past the three months, but if I am able to get through at least one book a month I'll keep it for sure.

I miss reading! Thanks for the increase!

ravensdreamer
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I just signed up and am very excited, but per the norm I am nervous its a big crediting signup and those do not seem to like me...I have not received the notice from them that I joined, I can access the website and am showing up fine. I dont know what I should do, the last big one that I didnt get they stated they needed that information for proof that I joined....do I contact customer service...? I will be more than a little upset about our group and myself losing another bigger money payout...help ?

SunshineGirl
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I just signed up and am very excited, but per the norm I am nervous its a big crediting signup and those do not seem to like me...I have not received the notice from them that I joined, I can access the website and am showing up fine. I dont know what I should do, the last big one that I didnt get they stated they needed that information for proof that I joined....do I contact customer service...? I will be more than a little upset about our group and myself losing another bigger money payout...help ?

I see your credit.

ravensdreamer
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
THANK YOU it is the only thing that has gone right all day. I must have done something right... thanks:banana:

nicholfamily5
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
any idea on howw long this is taking to credit? I haven't seen anything pend yet, but It's only been a day so I'm not worried, just wondering...

nicholfamily5
10-01-2009, 08:41 AM
now that I think about it, mabye I should worry! I went through the sr link for audible at work, but I downloaded the software at home on a different computer. That would really stink if I don't get the credit!

29apr00
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I signed up last night, and am listening to the book right now! Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner....she's a good author!

Hope to see my credit soon! Way to start off the last quarter! :cooldance:

nicholfamily5
10-01-2009, 01:42 PM
nevermind! I see it pending now. It's good to know that you can buy the membership and download the software on a different computer and still get credit. I know that is a sticky for some other offers out there.

Thank you SR for getting this increase! I don't think I would have tried the service without that little boost.