PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Posterbrains?

m 'n c
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I just saw the SR email on Posterbrains and I'm really interested. I have been looking for a place to make some larger photos of Mike and I's wedding/honeymoon/engagement photos and the prices are really good on this website. Has anyone ordered before? I was wondering how it went. I am thinking of ordering a couple of the small sized posters and then framing those to put up around the apartment.

bbangel
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I checked out their site but didn't see anything to tell me whether they will ship to a non-US address. It is such a cool idea!

AlternateEgo
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I tried to download a picture and never got past the "rendering"...

m 'n c
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I went looking for that information too in the checkout area but couldn't see an option for Canada. Maybe you can email them on the contact us page and put in a plug for Canada shipping.

m 'n c
09-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I tried to download a picture and never got past the "rendering"...

Hmm. I did ok both times I tested the site out. I need to pick a photo a commit already! Maybe try clearing everything out and going through the link again.

AlternateEgo
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I just tried in Windows Explorer, since my outlook always opens links in Firefox and was able to download a picture. Now to see if the one I REALLY want is too large of a file.

m 'n c
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I tried a professional photo and it made the file size limit so hopefully yours will too.

sunshinecindy
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I actually used a file of the Steelers Super Bowl trophies that I downloaded off the net and it made a fantastic poster.

sunshinecindy
09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I tried a professional photo and it made the file size limit so hopefully yours will too.

You did see that if you buy 2 you get free shipping with code "freeship" so now is definately the time to do it.

AlternateEgo
09-28-2009, 10:28 PM
You did see that if you buy 2 you get free shipping with code "freeship" so now is definately the time to do it.

Ohh that makes it sounds so much nicer! I was hesitant once I realized the cost was 11.99 plus $5 shipping... even though there is a $5 credit from SR.

I wish my wedding pictures were finished :love:

The picture I uploaded earlier was from my wedding photographer, we hired him originally for Jeff's grandmas 80th birthday, and LOVED him... so he was hired for our wedding...

At any rate I uploaded one of his pictures from the birthday party and it uploaded beautifully :)

m 'n c
09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
I just placed my order. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I went with 2 in the smallest size and plan on framing them for the apartment.

AlternateEgo - I'm still waiting on my wedding photos too. I'm so antsy but I know they will be beautiful and worth the wait.

ETA: This is my "share" site http://www.posterbrain.com/s/z29562/Catherine-W/?publish=true

m 'n c
09-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Oooh my posters are printed and getting ready for shipment with shipping scheduled to take 2-3 days. That means I should have them by Friday if they go out tonight. I am super excited.

sunshinecindy
09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I am so surprised that no one is (or just a few) are taking advantage of this fantastic offer. You don't get posters for that cheap, and with 5.00 cash back, its the best deal you'll ever get on this. Great presents or kids room decorations, even making posters of your favorite sports figures.

loretta32965
09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
I'd like to see what kind of pictures I end up with after my trip to Kansas this weekend. They would be a great gift to my brother's family for Christmas.

PSL1013
09-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I bought my husband one of those "Wall Windows" a few years ago for his work cubicle that you hang on the wall and the scenes are interchangeable. I have to see what size that it takes, this might be something that I could get him for c'mas?

m 'n c
10-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Just got my posters (only took 3 days!) and I love them. The small size is perfect for us to fill up some wall space so I'll be ordering some more soon. Just waiting on the credits :)

AlternateEgo
10-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Just got my posters (only took 3 days!) and I love them. The small size is perfect for us to fill up some wall space so I'll be ordering some more soon. Just waiting on the credits :)

Are they good quality? Is the paper like a poster board, or a poster you might buy at Walmart?

And would one of these fit into a frame nicely?

sunshinecindy
10-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Last day for the rate increase.

m 'n c
10-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Are they good quality? Is the paper like a poster board, or a poster you might buy at Walmart?

And would one of these fit into a frame nicely?

It is a thicker paper than the kind of poster you'd buy at walmart of say a sports or pop star. I'd probably say closer to poster board.

Here is one of the ones I bought just on my entertainment center:
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p395/theblondediaries/IMG_8453.jpg
The sunlight is messing with it a little so don't let that light spot deter you.

When I was thinking about ordering these I went onto Michael's and Joann's and looked to see what sizes frames came in and they said they carried poster sized frames in store. I remember seeing the 3 posterbrain sizes listed on michaels.com so you should be good to go if you want to frame them. I plan on checking into the framing this weekend.

AlternateEgo
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Last day for the rate increase.
Oh man I know I won't have my pictures back by then :(

It is a thicker paper than the kind of poster you'd buy at walmart of say a sports or pop star. I'd probably say closer to poster board.

Here is one of the ones I bought just on my entertainment center:

The sunlight is messing with it a little so don't let that light spot deter you.

When I was thinking about ordering these I went onto Michael's and Joann's and looked to see what sizes frames came in and they said they carried poster sized frames in store. I remember seeing the 3 posterbrain sizes listed on michaels.com so you should be good to go if you want to frame them. I plan on checking into the framing this weekend.

Thanks for the info, sounds like you got a great deal.