PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Reach You?

SunshineGirl
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
We are about to start working with a new survey company that is going to give us more individual survey opportunities that only apply to certain demographics. Most of the time we will only have about 50-100 spots available and they will only be open about 24 hours.

What's the best way to get the word out about new survey opportunities? Obviously we are going to try different things combined. But here are some thoughts:

1) Facebook Fan Page Postings
2) Twitter
3) A dedicated thread in the forum that you can subscribe to
4) An update as soon as you log into the member zone

The one thing that does NOT work is email. When we try to send out 12,000 emails in a hurry, the service providers bounce them back. So it typically takes us about 12 hours just to send one email.

fourfoxesinpa
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
I like "4." Maybe it could be set up like the "paid clicks." I like how I log in and see the link "You have paid clicks available." Could be "You have a Survey Opportunity available." Or the forum, only if there's a way to not have to sort through a lot of posts to find what's available...I tend to notice announcements more on the log in page.

~Kathie
09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Any of these options would be fine with me.

1. Facebook
3. Thread you can subscribe to
4. Notice when you log in

I don't always come to the forum first but with option 3....I would get an email and option 4 would alert me when I check my account or shop.

I'm not a big Twitter person......I'm still trying to get the hang of it and trying to figure out what the point is.

As far as Facebook......I'm on there more than I care to admit. Oops..I guess I just did!!! :angel:

disney_girl
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I like the update in the member zone and facebook notification the best. I usually don't subscribe to threads, but would for this! I have twitter, but rarely to never use it.

lanny76
09-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Options 1, 3, 4 all work for me - maybe a combination of them? Say, a Facebook posting and an alert on the main member page - that way, you could cover the bases a little more.

Leslie
09-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I like the idea of Facebook notifications or updates on the member zone page similar to the paid clicks.

SunshineGirl
09-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm actually thinking that with the new thing I just put on the Member Zone, anything I add to Facebook will show up there immediately. If I can send my Facebook posts to Twitter automatically, that would be great. I know I can do vice versa. So one post would end up showing up in 3 different places all at once. And if SunshineGuy programmed a special checkbox for Angie on the surveys when we add them, we might be able to get them to automatically show up like the paid clicks do.

thinking, thinking....

mmm611
09-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I like option 4 best.

m 'n c
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I like the member zone and the forum thread for this. I rarely get on Facebook and Twitter things get lost really fast with the other people I follow. I agree email is definitely not the best way.

AlternateEgo
09-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I like Twitter, you can actually set your twitter up to text message you when a certain account sends a tweet.

amarazas
09-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I'd go for Facebook and on the forum. and when I log into SR. I like them all! I was glad to see you didn't have a phone call listed, because sometimes that is nice, but sometimes, it's really a pain getting those recorded messages! :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
09-30-2009, 05:35 PM
I'd go for Facebook and on the forum. and when I log into SR. I like them all! I was glad to see you didn't have a phone call listed, because sometimes that is nice, but sometimes, it's really a pain getting those recorded messages! :rotfl:

Can you imagine? "Hi! This is Tricia from Sunshine Rewards. Just thought you might like to know that we have a new survey for hygiene products available." LOL!

PSL1013
09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I like #4 An update as soon as you log into the member zone, I don't do Facebook at all and rarely look at Twitter unless there is something specifically posted to look there.

mom2ian
09-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Twitter or Facebook, I'll get those quicker than an email from being subscribed to a thread.

LauraLea
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I like option 4 best.

this is my vote too...............laura

faithhope
09-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I want a way that is easy for you...
I check my facebook and twitter with breakfast every morning... so either or both of those are good.

barbaraapple
09-30-2009, 07:53 PM
mine would be Facebook for sure

pbhall13
09-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Anything but Twitter (I just can't figure it out!!) Love the idea of surveys for certain demographics....excellent!

nicholfamily5
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
I think an update box would be best for me, followed by a thread to sbscribe to. Facebook would be third for me, and twitter I never pay attentiion to.

Sounds like a great new opportunity!

DarcyDog
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Option 4 gets my vote. I rarely Twitter or use Facebook.

Iteach
09-30-2009, 09:07 PM
I can't access facebook or twitter from work, but can get on SR so that would be my best option. I usually check FB before I go to work in the morning. Sounds exciting!

askomsky
09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I like 1, 3 & 4.
I think if you are able to get it to post on 4 then automatically update FB that would be awesome. Then again I subscribe to threads that I want to and i get email regularly more so then FB and SR home page (but I'm like Kathie, I'm on both more then I should be)

So whatever works and is easiest for you.. I only following Twitter on the pc since we don't have texting on the phones.

29apr00
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
i really like the member zone update option best! Otherwise facebook would be the next option for me.

Sunni
09-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Anything except Twitter. I use that the least. This sounds so exciting.

AuroraBorealis
09-30-2009, 10:45 PM
I would equally prefer updates in the member zone and on facebook.

My second preference would be a dedicated forum thread.

jtowner
09-30-2009, 10:46 PM
I liked 4 the best also.

Jtowner

kimntrent
10-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Member zone or facebook would be my choice

speechteachri
10-01-2009, 06:47 AM
I like the Facebook notification, since I do check that several times a day.

SunshineGirl
10-02-2009, 10:06 PM
New Survey Opportunity is up! $1 for "Sunscreen Survey". U.S. only. Male or female. Approx. 30-40 minutes.

3dog2kidmom
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
1, 3, and/or 4

chipndale
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I like #4. I would love to say the twitter option but I have yet to figure that whole thing out.

SunshineGirl
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
New Survey is up. This one is for new moms and moms who are expecting. It's a pretty small demographic but it does pay $1.50 if it applies to you or someone in your house.

natofborg
10-05-2009, 10:44 PM
The only option that would work for me is the last option. I don't "do" any of the social sites like Facebook, Myspace, etc. I tried them, but just didn't like them. I browse the forum occasionally, but don't have a clue how to "subscribe" to a thread and don't even know what that means. If this means that I cannot participate in these surveys, I accept that. But I hope that they will be posted on the site when you login as an option as well so tha I can partiicpate.

SunshineGirl
10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
The only option that would work for me is the last option. I don't "do" any of the social sites like Facebook, Myspace, etc. I tried them, but just didn't like them. I browse the forum occasionally, but don't have a clue how to "subscribe" to a thread and don't even know what that means. If this means that I cannot participate in these surveys, I accept that. But I hope that they will be posted on the site when you login as an option as well so tha I can partiicpate.

You can always just go to the "Most Recent" offers page as well and anything that is new is always added to the top. I just figured that most people would rather be notified in some way than checking back all the time.

athoods
10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
#4 i think would be best for me amd the second choice would be #3

MdCaterer
10-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I also have to throw in my vote for number 4! If I am at home I try to log onto SR at least once or twice a day, but I rarely use facebook and do not use twitter.

SunshineGirl
10-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Two new surveys up!

Student Loan Survey [ID: 3856]
EDUrg Recruit Survey [ID: 3855]

m 'n c
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Tricia,

This is the same one as one you have run in the past. If you've completed it before you can't do it again. They don't tell you this until after you finish the entire survey and try to submit it.

SunshineGirl
10-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Tricia,

This is the same one as one you have run in the past. If you've completed it before you can't do it again. They don't tell you this until after you finish the entire survey and try to submit it.

I specifically asked them about this and they said that it should not be a problem. Grrr.... I guess if it looks like one you have already done, you may not want to waste your time on it.

m 'n c
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I think they are tracking by either your name, address, or phone number. I couldn't tell you which one it was though. I think it is phone number. I say that because I know I did this before the wedding under the old name and used the new one this time and it threw me out but it could be a combo of anything.

Leslie
10-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Two new surveys up!

Student Loan Survey [ID: 3856]

Do you have to join Survey Head on the new surveys? I took the Student Loan one but didn't join. I didn't get credit...I am hoping it is just a manual credit. Thanks for your help!

SunshineGirl
10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
You do NOT have to join Survey Head. And these are all manual credits.

You should be starting to see a new "FAST CREDIT" notation on the offers that are fast crediting.

mom2rachel
10-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I like the member zone update option the best. Facebook is my second choice.

marcymajor
10-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Tricia-i just completed the student loan survey and i have a couple of questions. how long should i wait until i delete the cookies for this offer and do you have any idea as to when and if this will credit (since this is a manual credit) thru surveyhead? any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. :thanks: and have a great day.:sunshine:

marcymajor
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
a little bump for my questions.:sunshine:

SunshineGirl
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Tricia-i just completed the student loan survey and i have a couple of questions. how long should i wait until i delete the cookies for this offer and do you have any idea as to when and if this will credit (since this is a manual credit) thru surveyhead? any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. :thanks: and have a great day.:sunshine:

You can delete cookies immediately. I'll probably import these about once every 48 hours and just did the first import.

marcymajor
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Tricia-:thanks: for answering my questions and guess what:
#1805124 Paid Signup: Student Loan Survey 1.00 Credits 10/13/2009 Paid
:thanks::thanks::thanks: u and your website r the greatest.:sunshine: