PDA

View Full Version : Disney Shirts

SunshineGirl
10-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm irritated. I've been making my family Disney shirts for MNSSHP and cruises for years and CafePress has always printed them. All of a sudden I tried to make a new batch and they said that they violate copyrights and they can't be printed. Has anyone been able to make them anywhere else? I know that Zazzle won't. will Customized Girl?

Hedy
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Customized Girl made one for me with a picture of Carl from Up on it (although that's not as auspicious as Mickey). Vistaprint has made me a shirt with Alice in Wonderland on it, as well as a Breast Cancer ribbon with Mickey ears.

AlternateEgo
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Vistaprint is good. You can only choose between white, grey, and black tshirts though. Sometimes you can get them for $5 each. Grey costs an extra $2 and black is $5.

m 'n c
10-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Zazzle use to have some Disney characters and pictures preloaded that were ok to put on a shirt because they partnered with Disney. Mike and I did our MNSSHP tshirts through them last summer. Not sure if they have changed that already.

Breeze88
10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Since Disney opened it's Design a T store at DTD they have really cracked down on other sites using anything Disney related.

You could do the whole find the picture you like on line, download it, print to iron on paper, and then iron it onto your T's. We did this last year for MNSSHP :)

m 'n c
10-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Not sure how customized you are trying to get but this is the section of Zazzle Mike and I used last year. http://www.zazzle.com/disney

jakeandsophiesmom
10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I had the same problem trying to make shirts for my SIL and I through Zazzle. We looked through all the licensed material everywhere, including the Disney site, and no one made shirts with the relatively unknown character we wanted (Clarabelle-long story with that one!). After being denied by zazzle, I guessed they would all deny the image. I was going to do the iron on transfers for us. I am not the creative type but it seems pretty easy.

SunshineGirl
10-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Well, CafePress says that my order has shipped. We will see in a couple of days if I get them. I think the big problem was that my cafepress account is also a "store" because you can buy SR logo stuff through it. So it violated their terms for me to have anything in my "store" with disney on it. But I think as long as I am just ordering it for my own use, they are going to allow it.

SunshineGirl
10-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm so excited! My shirts got here incredibly fast. Like 2 days maybe? Here are some pics. I'm leaving them a little big in case anyone wants the images. You can change the wording on them in Photoshop.

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/CIMG0074.jpg

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/CIMG0075.jpg

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/CIMG0076.jpg

AlternateEgo
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
How cute!!

I think I am going to break down and make shirts for our next trip. I had made some tie dye Mickey shirts, but we only wore them on the flight to FL.:rotfl:

SunshineGirl
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
We don't always all wear ours on the same day. Only for something special. We'll wear the cruise ones on the first day of the cruise to get our "ceremonial boarding picture." I only made the MNSSHP ones for SG and me since the girls will be wearing costumes. Then we have shirts I made for the cruise last year that all still fit (each has a Mickey head with a different character leaning on it and our name on the Mickey head). I've made 4 different MNSSHP shirts and LOVE them all! I usually do them on black but figured I should get something different this year.

I finally found the Disney font for my computer for free. So that helped this time as well.

AlternateEgo
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM
We don't always all wear ours on the same day. Only for something special. We'll wear the cruise ones on the first day of the cruise to get our "ceremonial boarding picture." I only made the MNSSHP ones for SG and me since the girls will be wearing costumes. Then we have shirts I made for the cruise last year that all still fit (each has a Mickey head with a different character leaning on it and our name on the Mickey head). I've made 4 different MNSSHP shirts and LOVE them all! I usually do them on black but figured I should get something different this year.

I finally found the Disney font for my computer for free. So that helped this time as well.

Where can I find Photoshop without paying a fortune?

m 'n c
10-06-2009, 03:58 PM

You should have spoken sooner. I have it on mine and could have sent you the file. I think I still have the Harry Potter font and a few others like It's a Bug's Life.

m 'n c
10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Where can I find Photoshop without paying a fortune?

I think Tricia did her shirts on the website she ordered from not Photoshop. Have you thought about Adobe Elements? I think it runs at $100 vs whatever full Photoshop runs.