PDA

View Full Version : gift cards

eaglesdare
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
if i go into giftcertificates, and buy a gc for ruby tuesdays, will i get % back?

if so, do i get credit back once i purchase the card? or after i actually go to the restaurant and use the card?

and this is in general not specifically for ruby tuesdays.

but i am just wondering, if i buy gift cards and use them, instead of going to the store or restaurant and paying cash there.

jnorth1007
09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
If you are buying from one of the merchants on here that "sells" gift certificates then yes you get the percent back. You get the credits at the time of purchase and not at the time of use.

eaglesdare
09-13-2007, 10:33 AM
thanks so much for that clarification.

i guess i am going to turn into a gift card shopper now. LOL

is there a downside to doing things this way? something i am not seeing?

ruledbymercury
09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
There is a small fee per gift card on most of those sites, so just make sure you buy giftcards large enough for your cash back to exceed the fee.

eaglesdare
09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
i have another question.

i just went in and read about givefun. certificates. am i correct in this:

you buy the givefun. gift card and then you can go in and buy a disney gift card. is this correct?

so, anyone, would just buy the givefun card, and then go to their merchants and redeem this card and then get a disney card? (or any other participating merchants)

sorry for all the questions.

eaglesdare
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
There is a small fee per gift card on most of those sites, so just make sure you buy giftcards large enough for your cash back to exceed the fee.

where are these fees shown to figure this out? also, how would i figure them out? LOL

jnorth1007
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
yes that is correct. You buy the gc from givefun and then have them email it to you. When you get the email you go in and redeem for disney or whoever else and they send you the hard card for that place. HTH!

SunshineGirl
09-13-2007, 11:12 AM
And the best deal, in my opinion, is to get yourself a big certificate (like a SuperCertificate) and then cash it out for a lot of smaller ones. That way, you only pay that service fee one time. As you cash out that big one for the smaller ones, you don't pay any additional fees.

andrea2289
09-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Smart thinking Tricia!

That's why she's the boss ;) ;)

Blessing and Miracle
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow! I didn't know that the purchase of gift cards counted also. That's great! My older son only likes GC's for Christmas!:)