PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about Travel Credits

LuvMyBoys
09-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I know that the travel credits may take awhile to show up, but do they not show up at all until after the travel has occurred?

I read some other threads and it seemed like people had $0.00 show up so at least they knew it was tracked.

I did an Expedia car rental 2 weeks ago (travel will take place next week) and haven't seen anything on my account history. Is that normal? :confused:

Also I did a Travelocity hotel today (this weekend travel) so when should that show up as pending?

Thanks for any help! :sunshine:

m4travels
09-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Travel, IMO, seems to be one that affects everybody differently. In July I booked through Orbitz for my boss's vacation coming up in October (hotel only) and received the credits within 3 days or so. I was reallly surprised by this as I expected to wait until after they had completed the travel for anything to show up.

I've also booked packages for them (hotel/air) and had to wait until after they completed it for the credit to appear. I've never had any credits show up as others have mentioned (0.00) and then "fill in" after the fact.

I'm actually going in to make an airline reservation for them again, so I'll post that outcome if anyone is interested.

Michael

LuvMyBoys
09-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Hmm...so I guess there is no rhyme or reason to the way it credits then??:confused:

As long as it credits I will be happy! :angel:

SunshineGirl
09-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm with Michael. They are all so different. And I think it depends how much money you put down on the reservations as well. You'd think they would make it easy on us but noooooooo......

m4travels
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, that's sort of where I am with it. I've been a VERY happy camper with it all! :cooldance:

I did correct my post to reference Orbitz, not Expedia.

Michael

LuvMyBoys
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm with Michael. They are all so different. And I think it depends how much money you put down on the reservations as well. You'd think they would make it easy on us but noooooooo......

I can totally understand that on the Expedia car rental one b/c you don't pay anything up front...........so we'll wait and see on that.

The Travelocity hotel is paid in full up front, so hopefully that one will come through quickly. It's also 10x bigger then the Expedia one, so I'm really hoping it comes through with no problems! :angel:

wilsonfamily4
09-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I did the hotel one and saw 0.00 that day and then about 1-2 weeks after completion we got our credit. It is so nice to get money back on these things we do no matter what. LOVE IT!

m4travels
09-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm actually going in to make an airline reservation for them again, so I'll post that outcome if anyone is interested.

Michael

I had forgotten that I said I would report back on this but here's what happened.
I purchased air tickets on Sept 17 (I LOVE when the boss travels).
I noticed today that it's showing a pending credit; dated the 17th and saying credit on the 20th. I know the 20th is a few days back, but I don't remember seeing this credit before today so it'll probably fully credit on Monday when things get repopulated here.
The pending credit is a dollar amount not $0.00

Just passing on the info.
Michael

bs4free
09-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks Michael for keeping us updated!

m4travels
09-24-2007, 10:01 AM
I know the 20th is a few days back, but I don't remember seeing this credit before today so it'll probably fully credit on Monday when things get repopulated here.
Michael

And the complete credit was there this morning.
Michael

LuvMyBoys
09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
And the complete credit was there this morning.
Michael

Thanks for the follow up Michael :)

My Travelocity one came through just fine, now just waiting on the Expedia one to credit. :angel:

HollyD
09-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Has anyone gotten a southwest credit yet - or even a 0.00?

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Has anyone gotten a southwest credit yet - or even a 0.00?

Do we get credits from Southwest if we book a flight alone or does it have to be a vacation package? :confused:

m4travels
09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Do we get credits from Southwest if we book a flight alone or does it have to be a vacation package? :confused:
I was hunting for the thread where this was talked about earlier (must be too early for me to actually find stuff!) but I'm pretty sure the consensus was that, yes, you could just book flights and you would get the credit.

If SWA is still your least expensive flight, I'd book it that way anyway. They are my airline of choice when flying to Nor Cal, Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Tucson. Longer flights, I'd rather go with more of a frills airline (as bare bones as those frills are) than a no-frills flight.

Michael

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I was hunting for the thread where this was talked about earlier (must be too early for me to actually find stuff!) but I'm pretty sure the consensus was that, yes, you could just book flights and you would get the credit.

If SWA is still your least expensive flight, I'd book it that way anyway. They are my airline of choice when flying to Nor Cal, Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Tucson. Longer flights, I'd rather go with more of a frills airline (as bare bones as those frills are) than a no-frills flight.

Michael

We just flew Spirit to Florida, talk about NO frills!! :rotfl: Southwest will be a step up! At least the checked baggage is free!

I hope we do get credits on the flights alone, that will be a great bonus! :)

HollyD
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
My concern is that I booked the flight in Sept for Nov. Nothing has shown up yet - not even the 0.0. By the time I take the flight the time frame for filing a trouble ticket will have expired so do I file it now? I wish we knew for sure about this, whether it is actually creditable or not.

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
My concern is that I booked the flight in Sept for Nov. Nothing has shown up yet - not even the 0.0. By the time I take the flight the time frame for filing a trouble ticket will have expired so do I file it now? I wish we knew for sure about this, whether it is actually creditable or not.

For all of my travel credits, the credit has not shown up quickly as pending. Expedia took over 10 days from when I booked it to show up, the travel was completed on 9/23 and it still shows 0.00 as my credit :confused:

I just booked a Southwest flight last night for travel next week, I will let you know what happens with that and what the time frame is.

Here's hoping that all of our travel credits come through without any problems!! :wizard:

LuvMyBoys
10-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know what the time frame is on Expedia credits??

I completed the travel on 9/23, and it showed up as $0.00 on 9/17, when should the actual credit show up?

How much longer should I wait before I file a trouble ticket? :confused:

Any help is appreciated. :)

LuvMyBoys
10-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Bumping this up to see if there has been any news on travel credits.

Do travel credits take alot longer to show up then shopping credits?? I'm trying to figure out how long to wait to file TT.

For example, Expedia rental car was complete on 9/23 and it's still showing $0.00 Paid :confused:

LuvMyBoys
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Has anyone seen any new travel credits come in lately?

I wonder when the next batch will post? :confused:

Lisaj68
10-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Not sure what to say....I order air tickets thru S.W. on 10/8, but nothing has posted as pending yet and travel is not until December.

It was the cheapest thing I could find for my in-laws and if I get credit for the tickets, well, that is just icing on the cake!

If I see anything posted though, I will write again!

LuvMyBoys
10-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Not sure what to say....I order air tickets thru S.W. on 10/8, but nothing has posted as pending yet and travel is not until December.

It was the cheapest thing I could find for my in-laws and if I get credit for the tickets, well, that is just icing on the cake!

If I see anything posted though, I will write again!

Thanks!! I would love to know if anyone else's have shown up as pending and what kind of timeframe to look at.

Tricia, if you read this, can you give an update as to if the travel credits have been processed recently? Thanks! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
10-12-2007, 10:36 AM
It looks like we are only getting Southwest if you purchase some kind of package through them with air, not just the airline tickets.

Orbitz should now be all caught up.

Expedia has 2 more transactions that I need to post. Then I will work on Travelocity and the hotels. :)

LuvMyBoys
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
It looks like we are only getting Southwest if you purchase some kind of package through them with air, not just the airline tickets.

Orbitz should now be all caught up.

Expedia has 2 more transactions that I need to post. Then I will work on Travelocity and the hotels. :)

I wondered if that was what the deal was with Southwest...oh well, it was worth a try!

Thanks for the updates on Expedia and Travelocity!! :)

m4travels
10-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I wondered if that was what the deal was with Southwest...oh well, it was worth a try!

I was hoping for the SW airfare only credits as well... oh well. Sorry it didn't work out for us!

M

LuvMyBoys
10-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I was hoping for the SW airfare only credits as well... oh well. Sorry it didn't work out for us!

M

Yeah, that would have been a nice bonus. Next time I book hotel and air I guess I will price out the Southwest package and see if it is comparable to booking them separately. :)

m4travels
10-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that would have been a nice bonus. Next time I book hotel and air I guess I will price out the Southwest package and see if it is comparable to booking them separately. :)
Going off topic here for a bit. Where in Michigan are you? A former yooper here, up in the Copper Country.

Michael

LuvMyBoys
10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Going off topic here for a bit. Where in Michigan are you? A former yooper here, up in the Copper Country.

Michael

We've lived in Ann Arbor for the past 11 years. But I lived in Munising for about a year when I was 5 and then grew up in the Harbor/Petoskey area.

From the U.P. to LA??? Talk about two totally different worlds!! :rotfl:

m4travels
10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
We've lived in Ann Arbor for the past 11 years. But I lived in Munising for about a year when I was 5 and then grew up in the Harbor/Petoskey area.

From the U.P. to LA??? Talk about two totally different worlds!! :rotfl:

Okay, a big DUH here!!! I knew I talked to someone from Munising before but I just couldn't remember who!

So, when do I place my order for pasties????

Michael

Lisaj68
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
So, when do I place my order for pasties????

Michael

Hey??!!?? Isn't that talk for another forum???? :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
10-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey??!!?? Isn't that talk for another forum???? :rotfl:

Or game night???

Lisaj68
10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Or game night???

yeah! Your new game involving the videos!!

m4travels
10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
The moment I hit "Submit Reply" I thought: I bet someone will comment on the word "pasties."

Please know that this was meant ONLY as the plural of pasty as in Cornish Pasty, a meat pie that the coal miners took into the mines and heated for their lunches.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

I have NO idea what you might have thought it meant................

Michael

bs4free
10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I bet someone will comment on the word "pasties."

Michael

You HAD Every Idea what we had thought it meant.... Except you story....:rotfl:

m4travels
10-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Ummmmm.... LuvMyBoys, I'm needing some help here!!!!!

M

3dog2kidmom
10-12-2007, 05:52 PM

M

Darn... I was hoping for that too. :( Oh well... it was still the cheapest air.

LuvMyBoys
10-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Ummmmm.... LuvMyBoys, I'm needing some help here!!!!!

M

Michael that's why I always make sure to type the word in its singular form :rotfl:

Funny story.........in law school I had a good friend from Indiana. She took a lot of teasing about being from Indiana, lets just say that people in MI don't think Hoosiers are the brightest.

So anyway one day she comes in all excited about a funny story she has to tell us:

Her: "So I'm driving into Michigan and I see this huge billboard that says "Come Try Our Famous Pasties".........Can you believe it, they left out the r in pastries on a huge billboard!! They say people from Indiana are stupid!! I called all of my Indiana friends and we couldn't stop laughing about it!" :rotfl:

Of course she didn't think it was quite so funny when we explained to her that pasties WAS what the sign meant.:)

I can post my recipe if anyone needs further clarification. In fact all this talk about them makes me want a pasty really bad! :eat:

bs4free
10-12-2007, 07:18 PM
recipe sounds good.... (insert tagable phrase here)...Yummy!!!!

m4travels
10-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Michael that's why I always make sure to type the word in its singular form :rotfl:

I can post my recipe if anyone needs further clarification. In fact all this talk about them makes me want a pasty really bad! :eat:

Post away, please! Rutabagas or turnips???? And I definitely need help with the crust!

Michael

LuvMyBoys
10-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Ok, here's my recipe........my DH says it's the best. I hope you like it too! :)

Crust:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup crisco
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cold water

Cut crisco and butter into flour and salt, gradually add the cold water. Knead until blended. Form into four balls; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.

Filling:

1 lb. ground beef (I use ground turkey b/c we prefer it)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped rutabega (I chop it pretty small)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 cups chopped potatoes
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 TBS parsley

Mix together the filling ingredients. Roll out the dough into circles. Brush the edges of the dough with milk. Place 1 cup of filling on the circle and fold in half. Seal with a fork and cut a slit in the top. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes on bottom rack of oven and then for 20 minutes on the middle rack.

LuvMyBoys
10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Back to the topic of travel credits..........my Expedia finally credited today. I finished the car rental on 9/23 and the actual amount of the credit (versus the 0.00 which showed up weeks ago) came up as pending on 10/12.

Just as a general idea for anyone wondering how long it takes for a car rental credit from Expedia to show up. :)

spring
10-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I ordered an airline ticket for my Mom on October 4th from Orbitz. It showed up as pending for Oct 7th last night, and today I was paid the 3.00 credits. I also ordered two hotel rooms from hotel.com October 4th, and I haven't seen anything post, pending or otherwise.

Lisaj68
10-13-2007, 08:43 AM
The moment I hit "Submit Reply" I thought: I bet someone will comment on the word "pasties."

Please know that this was meant ONLY as the plural of pasty as in Cornish Pasty, a meat pie that the coal miners took into the mines and heated for their lunches.

Michael

:rotfl: Thanks for clearing that up Michael! I will work on getting my mind out of the gutter!

m4travels
10-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Back to the topic of travel credits..........my Expedia finally credited today.

YEAH!!!!!! Glad to hear it!

M

askomsky
11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
and how long did it take to see the credit? I saw the pending and then posting back in Sept when I booked it for 0.00, but now that the $400 transaction is complete, I just want a general idea how long budget will take?
At 2% it'll be nice to see that credit!!!!

It bumped it so high bc I opted to pre pay for the gas tank re-fill, DH about had a fit when he heard it was $65, I told him my mini van takes that much now that gas went up. they did give me price per gallon .25 cheaper then what FL was averaging.

Thanks in advance!

April

Arky
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
I reserved a car from budget the beginning of Aug. and saw the pending payment so I knew SR had the info about it. Returned the car 8/17. I received credit on Sept. 27th. It took a while. I was told if the pending showed up, I would get credit - eventually.

I have another one that I'm still waiting for we returned 11/8. I had reserved that one in early Sept. Hopefully I'll get credit soon!:sunshine:

That's my experience. Hope that helps a little!

mollyeilis
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
How is Travelocity these days? Prepaid future hotel stay, specifically...

MdCaterer
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I ordered an airline ticket for my Mom on October 4th from Orbitz. It showed up as pending for Oct 7th last night, and today I was paid the 3.00 credits. I also ordered two hotel rooms from hotel.com October 4th, and I haven't seen anything post, pending or otherwise.

We did a hotel in mid November. booked in October and it showed up as pending 0.00. Within about a week of our return from the stay the credit showed up in my sunshine account!! Hang in there it will appear. Now I am just hoping we get Hilton Hotels as I just came back from a visit there and will be booking two rooms again for June. That is a ticket I would love to get a return on!!