PDA

View Full Version : Itunes?

ligrumpygirl
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I have purchased before from iTunes but can't connect today. Can somebody check and see if it is working on their end?

jnorth1007
09-13-2007, 05:44 PM
When I tried it said an error also. Their site must be down

ligrumpygirl
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
OK so it's not me. I tried to do it the regular way and it worked so it must be this link.

Tricia? Any suggestions?

PS I am doing all this work for about 30 cents haha

ligrumpygirl
09-14-2007, 07:49 AM
It's working now...

nicnik
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
This is not totally related to the original discussion of this thread, but I thought I'd ask it here anyway:

Anyone know whether we get credits for ordering itunes gift cards in actual card form through the SR link? On the description page for Apple itunes, it says "electronic gift cards" and I am looking for a credit card-sized dealie to come in the mail as opposed to an email with a gift code in it or something. Does "electronic gift cards" include a *real* card or just an email one?

Thanks for your opinions!

jnorth1007
11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I dont know for sure but I beleive I remember someone saying it was only the electronic ones and not the hard copy ones.

nicnik
11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Phooey! I don't want that to be the answer! :p If that's the case, I wonder if there's any way I *can* get a card-form one and get SR credit? :confused:

3dog2kidmom
11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Another related question (sorry to horn in on your thread, Janet)...

I am a total MP3 player virgin, and DD and DS are getting them for Christmas (not ipods, just a Disney mix stick and a san disk one) so I need to understand how this works (I know I know... but I am a girl of the 70's who grew up with record albums and a portable cassette tape recorder, lol!!). So can I buy a couple of songs through SR that they would like, download them to my PC, and then somehow copy them to the mp3 players? I guess I could also copy CDs to my computer and put them on these things too, right?

Thanks in advance!

jnorth1007
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
I have 2 mix sticks for the girls and have not been able to figure out how to get my music onto them. They listen to mix clips that I bought seperately that are preloaded with music.

I have an ipod so I dont know how this works with non-ipod machines but I got to SR and click on itunes and find the songs I want. Then I buy them. THey are added to my "list". The next time I plug my ipod into the computer it automatically updates and adds the songs that are on the list but not on the ipod. VERY EASY! I can't tell you if it is easy with non ipod things though.

I also can tell you that you can chose just to purchase songs or to purchase whole CDs. If there are only 1-2-3 songs I like I will buy seperately since they are only .99 each. If it is more I usually buy the whole CD if it is selling for 9.99 since it is usually a better deal.

mmm611
11-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I have a Creative mp3 player and bought a CD from iTunes once. There's a back door for you non-ipod people.

Buy your music from itunes.
Burn that to a CD.
Upload CD to your computer using whatever program your player uses (I like Windows Media Player).
Transfer the songs.

You also get a handy backup CD doing it this way!

3dog2kidmom
11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I have 2 mix sticks for the girls and have not been able to figure out how to get my music onto them. They listen to mix clips that I bought seperately that are preloaded with music.

Oh well that's not good :( I was hoping since we already have HM, HSM, HSM2, Cheetah Girls..... I might have to be sending that one back.

jnorth1007
11-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I am going to try what was suggested with burning to the CD and seeing if I can put them on the Mixstick like that. Don't send anything back yet I will let you know if that works. It won't be until tomorrow or even Friday at the latest.

3dog2kidmom
11-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I am going to try what was suggested with burning to the CD and seeing if I can put them on the Mixstick like that. Don't send anything back yet I will let you know if that works. It won't be until tomorrow or even Friday at the latest.

Thanks, Janet, and mmm611. I'll wait -- she'll really like this Disney one so hopefully we can get it to work.