PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger Hunt??

DisneyMa
09-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok, so the real name should be: I couldn't figure out the scavenger hunt (even after I read the answer) could someone explain it to me (slowly) thread:D

Now, that the answer is posted and a winner announced could we talk about it? And if we can, can we post the 3 clues and have a "class" on how the heck the 3 clues fit with the answer?!:confused:

Please tell me I am not the only one who is totally having a blond moment!! I'm not blond anymore, I'm a red-head! This couldn't happen to me?!:rotfl:

PSL1013
09-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Ok, so the real name should be: I couldn't figure out the scavenger hunt (even after I read the answer) could someone explain it to me (slowly) thread:D

Now, that the answer is posted and a winner announced could we talk about it? And if we can, can we post the 3 clues and have a "class" on how the heck the 3 clues fit with the answer?!:confused:

Please tell me I am not the only one who is totally having a blond moment!! I'm not blond anymore, I'm a red-head! This couldn't happen to me?!:rotfl:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't get it either....I guessed but was totally way off base?? :confused:

emmoore5124
09-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Okay, here are the three clues:

1. bridget jones diary and godfather: both are books turned into movies

2. bugsy, gladiator, shakespeare in love and memoirs of a geisha: all won oscars for costume

3. year that the upc scanner started being used in stores: 1974

The Great Gatsby was a book turned into a movie, that won an oscar for costume in 1974

Before the 3rd clue came up, I pulled up a list of all oscar winners for costume design. There are a few that also were based on books. So I really needed that 3rd clue. I think I just got lucky because I found that 3rd clue as soon as it came up, because no one had posted that it was even up.

askomsky
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM

2. bugsy, gladiator, shakespeare in love and memoirs of a geisha: all won oscars for costume

The Great Gatsby was a book turned into a movie, that won an oscar for costume in 1974

Before the 3rd clue came up, I pulled up a list of all oscar winners for costume design. There are a few that also were based on books. So I really needed that 3rd clue. I think I just got lucky because I found that 3rd clue as soon as it came up, because no one had posted that it was even up.

Congrats again!

andrea2289
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow I am impressed! That was good!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DisneyMa
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM

Thanks for the how to! I would have never got that! Congrats on the win and welcome to SR!!

eaglesdare
09-14-2007, 11:48 AM
congrats to you!

but i have to ask if someone would please tell how/where were the clues? i never saw a clue!

askomsky
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
congrats to you!

but i have to ask if someone would please tell how/where were the clues? i never saw a clue!

I never did find 3.

#1 was on the bottom of the SR Auctions Page
#2 was on the bottom of the shopping search engine page. ( I actually found this one on first try bc I knew SR wanted to give it more publicity!)

have no clue where #3 was.