PDA

View Full Version : No more DVC Merchandise at Resorts

PSL1013
10-21-2009, 10:57 AM
The very last night we were at Disney, we were killing time waiting for our delayed Delta flight and looking around the Beach Club store, a cast member told us that the resorts will no longer be carrying DVC merchandise and she didn't know where it was going or even if they would be even offering it anymore. My husband and I ended up each purchasing one of the DVC jackets. I loved buying the things with the logo on it and I'm very disappointed that they are doing away with this. They took away our free valet parking and now our logo merchandise, what's next? :cry:

~Kathie
10-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I didn't know that!! :( How dumb is that?? I love my DVC clothes. They are the only ones that have any substance to them. Some of the Disney shirts in particular are so thin.......they are not worth the price.

Maybe we'll have to stop at WDW in January and see if they are still selling anything.

PSL1013
10-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I didn't know that!! :( How dumb is that?? I love my DVC clothes. They are the only ones that have any substance to them. Some of the Disney shirts in particular are so thin.......they are not worth the price.

Maybe we'll have to stop at WDW in January and see if they are still selling anything.

That's what she told me at the BC store right before we left for the airport....my only thought was, it must be because the DVC merchandise takes up a small portion of space that could be used to sell other items that the majority of people would be interested in? JMO...bottom line, the mouse is all about making money and if DVC stuff is not selling, then they've got to move it out. Wish they would have a central location someplace on property that they would sell all things DVC in one spot that we could go to. Maybe they are thinking of offering things online only....that would be terrible because I have to see, touch and try stuff on before making a purchase and I agree with you about the clothing they have out now...T-shirts, paper thin and way over priced. I tried on a pink fleece DVC sweatshirt and you could "see through it" and this was DVC merchandise....that fleece was so thin and it was $50. :eek: