PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand...

sunshinecindy
10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
We got a really great deal for our members with Overnight Prints for the half price on personalized Holiday Cards. These are not your run of the mill cards, they are extreme quality, and half price. We aren't generating a lot of interest. Can anyone tell me why. I know a lot of you get personalized cards for your families, and being you can upload any design you want, even the infamous Mickey stuff, I'm a little confused as to just what more you want. These cards are awesome, and a great deal. Any info appreciated that I can pass on to my merchant.

sqromano
10-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I was planning on checking it out in the next week or so, but I am not in the holiday card mindset just yet. I usually think about that once Halloween has passed.

askomsky
10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
To be honest there are many other places I spend my money on the holidays, I buy my cards after Christmas when their $2 a box for the nice ones. I hand write in the ones I want and stick a picture of the kids in there.
I stocked up well the last few years I don't have a need to buy any.

StitchandPooh'smom
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Just a very busy week here - have not even thought about holiday cards yet. :)

29apr00
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
i do photo cards for christmas, and don't have the picture yet.

sunshinecindy
10-25-2009, 07:40 PM
This is all good to know. Thanks, keep the comments coming. I'm really trying to work with the AM for them so he/we understand who does these offers, why or why not, etc. Its helps his marketing strategy.

nicholfamily5
10-25-2009, 07:43 PM
lol...not even thinking about the holiday cards yet, still working feverishly on getting the kids costumes finished. I usually order my cards sometime after the first week in Nov. I handmake a lot of my cards as well.

Hopefully he'll still offer us a good deal when Halloween is over! I'll make a point of visiting the site when I am looking.:sunshine:

kimntrent
10-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I have been moving so I haven't gotten there yet but I have to say that the last time I purchased overnight prints I didn't get credit. It was through the offer and it really turned me off from that point on.

jnorth1007
10-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I agree that the timing is bad. I am always looking for deals on Christmas cards but it is still too early for me for this. I need to get through Halloween and then I will be focusing on Thansgiving and Christmas. Hopefully he will give us a good deal when it is a little better timing for me.

PSL1013
10-25-2009, 08:30 PM
For me personally, I don't send holiday cards out anymore! I know, Bah Humbug!

lanny76
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM

I don't much either, just a holiday family pic to close family/friends, so even tho this is a great deal, it's not for me.

AlternateEgo
10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
I ahven't put a lot of thought into what I want to do. We bought clearanced cards last year after Christmas, but I think it would be nice to do photo cards. I just don't know which photo I would do, so far my girls don't take good family portraits, someones always frowning :(

Leslie
10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
I have the email saved and planned to look into next week. I am just trying to get my kids through Halloween and then I will focus on Christmas.

fourfoxesinpa
10-26-2009, 07:20 AM

Same here Pam. At .47 a stamp (I think that's what it is now?) plus the cards, it can run into a small fortune. People just don't have a lot of extra $ this year and I'm sure that has a lot to do with how carefully they select offers.

sunshinecindy
10-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I agree that the timing is bad. I am always looking for deals on Christmas cards but it is still too early for me for this. I need to get through Halloween and then I will be focusing on Thansgiving and Christmas. Hopefully he will give us a good deal when it is a little better timing for me.

I actually emailed him last night about this, and directed him to this thread, and he has extended the offer to end on Nov 30th, so, that should give anyone that is wanting them a lot more time. I don't think anyone would order after Nov 30th anyway.

sunshinecindy
10-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I have been moving so I haven't gotten there yet but I have to say that the last time I purchased overnight prints I didn't get credit. It was through the offer and it really turned me off from that point on.

Thats odd cause I didn't think we've ever had a TT for them, can you check that again. They work really really close with us and can't imagine them denying any type of credit that we track.

ETA: I'm not seeing any for them in your account, and any offer from them we would have run direct with them so we could have contacted them about it.

nicholfamily5
10-26-2009, 07:50 AM
That was very nice of him! This time of year gets so crazy with one holiday right after another, I always feel like I'm behind the 8 ball.

Thanks for the extension!

eaglesdare
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
i don't do cards either. but this year is going to be a tough one. just don't have the extra cash for anything really. it will be slim pickins under the tree.(if we can afford the tree :rotfl:)

natofborg
10-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I must have missed the announcement on this deal, because this is the first that I've heard of it. I checked out the site and can't find any Disney designs. Can you tell me how to find them? Also, is this deal good ONLY for holiday cards? I really need birthday and regular greeting cards more than holiday cards.

sunshinecindy
10-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I must have missed the announcement on this deal, because this is the first that I've heard of it. I checked out the site and can't find any Disney designs. Can you tell me how to find them? Also, is this deal good ONLY for holiday cards? I really need birthday and regular greeting cards more than holiday cards.

This was an email we sent out on friday as an offer, but there is a link on our site for it. You can upload any design you want, so if you have a Disney one, use it. Also, its called Greeting card offer so you can actually make any kind of card you want. HTH

chipndale
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
For our family, I can say that I normally don't even think about Christmas cards until the middle of November. We usually do a family photo card and send it to those that we don't see on a regular basis. But I am not sure what we are going to do this year - I might not send our anything so that we can have a few more presents under the tree. DH and I already decided that we are only going to get each other one or two less expensive gift so that the kids still see us opening gifts and it doesn't impact their presents too much.

natofborg
10-26-2009, 02:12 PM
This was an email we sent out on friday as an offer, but there is a link on our site for it. You can upload any design you want, so if you have a Disney one, use it. Also, its called Greeting card offer so you can actually make any kind of card you want. HTH

The site is not real user friendly if you're not used to having to find pictures online, download them, upload them, etc etc etc. I wouldn't have a clue how to get a Disney design for a greeting card in order to use it on this site.

Expressionery.com has quite a few Disney designs and I"m finding this site co complicated, especially when I can just go to expressionery and pick from their selection of Disney designed cards.

sunshinecindy
10-26-2009, 02:18 PM
The site is not real user friendly if you're not used to having to find pictures online, download them, upload them, etc etc etc. I wouldn't have a clue how to get a Disney design for a greeting card in order to use it on this site.

Expressionery.com has quite a few Disney designs and I"m finding this site co complicated, especially when I can just go to expressionery and pick from their selection of Disney designed cards.

Basically, I would just save a Disney design I like as a picture in my picture file, then use then upload that pic to make the card.

Like this one, just right click and say save picture.

sunshinecindy
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Or this one...there are TONS on the net.

Blessing and Miracle
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I love this offer, just haven't decided on which picture I would like to use.