PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Giveaway Preview

SunshineGirl
11-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Although we won't be officially announcing it tomorrow, I wanted to give all of our forum members a special preview of our holiday giveaway. In addition to winning over $1000 in prizes from our merchants, you can win survey bonuses!

Check out the full details:

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/giveaway.php

askomsky
11-01-2009, 04:22 PM
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!! I can't wait!
THank you SR! What an awesome contest and bonus!!!!!!!!

Now i'll wait to place the 2 shopping orders until tomorrow and I can register for the contest. :)

Leslie
11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Very cool! Can we register today or should we wait til tomorrow?

SunshineGirl
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!! I can't wait!
THank you SR! What an awesome contest and bonus!!!!!!!!

Now i'll wait to place the 2 shopping orders until tomorrow and I can register for the contest. :)

Everything should be working. If you see anything that doesn't work tonight, let me know so we can have SG fix it before we announce it to everyone.

PSL1013
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Wow, you are always thinking up new things for us, this sounds great! Thank you! :banana:

Blessing and Miracle
11-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Fantastic!!! I love it. Darn made a purchase on yesterday. I'm glad I waited to complete any more shopping! :)

faithhope
11-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks Tricia...
got my one click entry... now off to do surveys and make a shopping list...

I probably won't win... but the bonuses for # of entries ROCKS! I so want that $20 bonus!!!

~Kathie
11-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Great contest. Thanks!!

I knew I should have waited to shop yesterday and today. :angel: Guess I'll just have to make up for it starting tomorrow. :rotfl:

lkat
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
This is AWESOME! I'm totally going to be making the extra effort to be getting some of those survey bonuses!!! Can't wait to start my holiday shopping! I'm going to have to start bugging people for their lists :) Thanks Tricia!

disney_girl
11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Awesome!!

mdapiggy
11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
This rocks what a great incentive to do surveys and shop shop shop

iluvamystery89
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
wow! thanks tricia! :banana: i clicked the register link at the bottom for my first entry!

athoods
11-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Such a great giveaway can't wait for it!;)

sunshinecindy
11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I hope you have lots of fun with this contest. It took a lot of time and work to get the merchants to participate since the economy is so slow for them too, so PLEASE patronize them. They have been good enough to increase your credits as well as donate the certificates and we really want to show them that our members care too.

Iteach
11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, this is great! Thanks so much for all your hard work! I hope I can get one of the survey bonuses! I love Sunshine Rewards! :clap:

toystoryduo
11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow!!!!:cooldance: This is very exciting!!!!! :party:Thank you!!! !:clap:

sammielynn
11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Great contest! Thanks, I've got to get my Christmas shopping finished!

faithhope
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I hope you have lots of fun with this contest. It took a lot of time and work to get the merchants to participate since the economy is so slow for them too, so PLEASE patronize them. They have been good enough to increase your credits as well as donate the certificates and we really want to show them that our members care too.

I'm not familiar with all of the sponsors and what type of items they sell... I'll be sure to check them out as I know nothing about some of them in the list.

fanofree
11-01-2009, 06:58 PM
This is cool! I doubt I'll make the bonus as surveys don't like me and if I shop that much I'll be in big trouble :rotfl: but what a wonderful contest. (To bad I saw the kiddie slanket on QVC yesterday!) I already have two entries. :sunshine:

~Kathie
11-01-2009, 07:08 PM
This is cool! I doubt I'll make the bonus as surveys don't like me and if I shop that much I'll be in big trouble :rotfl: but what a wonderful contest. (To bad I saw the kiddie slanket on QVC yesterday!) I already have two entries. :sunshine:

Just curious..........How did you get the 2nd entry? Was it a survey? I thought the contest started tomorrow? :confused::confused:

Question......can Cindy or Tricia clarify the shopping? Will it count as an entry when we shop or when it pends?

I think I just found the answer. Taken from 2009 Holiday Giveaway from Sunshine Rewards Official Rules

TO ENTER: Log on to www.sunshinerewards.com and complete a membership form. To enter the 2009 Holiday Giveaway ("Sweepstakes"), visit www.sunshinerewards.com/giveaway.php. One entry per valid Sunshine Rewards membership. Additional entries will be earned for each Daily Survey credit that the member earns, each AMP/MyThoughtCounts credit the member earns, and every shopping credit that the member receives during the Sweepstakes period. A bonus shopping entry will be given for each purchase made through a sponsoring merchant. Entries will be accepted beginning 12:01 AM ET on November 1, 2009 and ending 11:59 PM ET on December 31, 2009. Daily Surveys credited for the applicable dates will be counted. AMP/MyThoughtCounts must credit before the contest ends. Shopping must appear in the accounts as a credit or pending based on the transaction date given to us by the merchant.

So according to this my shopping I did today will be counted. The one I did yesterday won't.......unless it counts when it pends. :rotfl:

I'm not familiar with all of the sponsors and what type of items they sell... I'll be sure to check them out as I know nothing about some of them in the list.

Me too!!! Off to do some investigating!

AuroraBorealis
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
What a great incentive! Even if I don't get a "big" prize, I can surely get at least the 50 entries and a $5 bonus over two months of surveying and shopping!

I got the survey bonus for October, so I'll be working twice as hard in November and December to get that big bonus. I did some shopping last night (after 12:01 EST) that should count as an entry, too!

Thanks, SR gals, for working so hard to set this up! I'll definitely be looking more closely at the sponsors-- I'm excited to see Moosejaw as I was planning a purchase from there, anyway!

~Kathie
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm excited to see Moosejaw as I was planning a purchase from there, anyway!

I'm having trouble finding that company. Any hints??

I can't find
Canvas Press (is it Canvas on Demand?)
AGiftPersonalized
Transparent.com

I found
Shop7/Handmade Gifts is listed in the merchant list as Our Handmade Gifts
SWAK is listed as Sealed With a Kiss

Some companies I never looked at before but I will be ordering from.

PSL1013
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM

I can't find
Canvas Press (is it Canvas on Demand?)
AGiftPersonalized
Transparent.com

I found
Shop7/Handmade Gifts is listed in the merchant list as Our Handmade Gifts
SWAK is listed as Sealed With a Kiss

Some companies I never looked at before but I will be ordering from.

I googled Moosejaw because I couldn't find it either, my guess is she is waiting to add these tomorrow for the holiday givaway?? My husband already found something he is interested in though. :D

sunshinecindy
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
AGiftPersonalized is Engravable Gift Collection, not sure why they just don't keep it one name, but we need to do something to clarify that it looks like.

sunshinecindy
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I googled Moosejaw because I couldn't find it either, my guess is she is waiting to add these tomorrow for the holiday givaway?? My husband already found something he is interested in though. :D

Canvas press is like Canvas on Demand, and Transparent is like Rosetta Stone, these should be up either tonight or tomorrow. Shop 7 and Handmade Gifts are actually listed separately, but the gift cert is good at either.

AuroraBorealis
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM

Hmm, I can't find it, either! But I know I've seen it before on SR. Maybe SR is just prepping for the launch tomorrow?

sunshinecindy
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Moosejaw has some of the most awesome clothes and for you guys up North trying to keep warm, you will love it. It is certainly the up and coming new clothes store of choice.

AuroraBorealis
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Moosejaw has some of the most awesome clothes and for you guys up North trying to keep warm, you will love it. It is certainly the up and coming new clothes store of choice.

True! I've shopped Moosejaw for a few years now and I have to say they have excellent customer service and killer sales (outlet is currently 80% off!) Plus, they price match and have a free rewards program. And they got a great sense of humor and don't take themselves too seriously-- check out the "Madness" section of the website. Or their catalogs. Or how their house brand clothing items are named after different fictional characters and if you order the item and email them to tell them where the character is from, you get reward points! Just a fun company.

I'm getting my brother some North Face gear and some camping gear for Christmas this year from Moosejaw. And probably some stuff for myself, too! ;)

~Kathie
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM

I just did a google search for Mossejaw. I'm in trouble!!! :angel:

faithhope
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks SR team...

Transparent looks great... they have a kids language package for a good price and it comes with 6 languages...so each of my kids and I can study different languages with one program, and it works on pc and mac... I can't wait for you to add it, so I can order the program.

Thanks so much for finding such great stores... I wouldn't know about most of these places if it wasn't for SR.

speechteachri
11-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I just tried clicking on the "register link at the bottom of the contest page, but it keeps taking me right back to the contest description page..??? Anyone else having that problem his am? Seems to have been working for everyone last night.:(

OhMari
11-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I just tried clicking on the "register link at the bottom of the contest page, but it keeps taking me right back to the contest description page..??? Anyone else having that problem his am? Seems to have been working for everyone last night.:(

I'm having the same problem too, but now I notice I have one entry for clicking on the link. I take it, that is how you register?

SunshineGirl
11-02-2009, 08:24 AM
It DOES take you back to the main page. Once you click the link, you are entered.

amarazas
11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Wow, thanks Tricia!! I knew there was a reason I didn't go actually purchase my order over the weekend! Now I'll have more entries this week! :-)

StitchandPooh'smom
11-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I love this promotion! There is something for everyone and a way that everyone can bump up their earnings. Thanks SR! :sunshine:

faithhope
11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
when does the entries counter update?? If I know the time at which it happens then I can check it each day and get that mental boost of earning entries (that will help me keep slogging through long surveys)

I only have the one entry at the moment...and I should have a second one from an amp survey I took yesterday.

I'm sorry... I'm really excited about this contest...and I hope that comes through instead of sounding demanding and whiny.

OhMari
11-02-2009, 12:38 PM
See what happens when you get up at 5:00 in the morning.
My brain wasn't working yet.

sunshinecindy
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
when does the entries counter update?? If I know the time at which it happens then I can check it each day and get that mental boost of earning entries (that will help me keep slogging through long surveys)

I only have the one entry at the moment...and I should have a second one from an amp survey I took yesterday.

I'm sorry... I'm really excited about this contest...and I hope that comes through instead of sounding demanding and whiny.

You should start seeing it tomorrow since it really hasn't even officially started.

faithhope
11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
You should start seeing it tomorrow since it really hasn't even officially started.

It may not have been announced to everyone yet (thanks for the bonus to us forum reading members)... but it officially started already
Entries will be accepted beginning 12:01 AM ET on November 1, 2009

I'll be patient until the entry counter is working.

Thanks

SunshineGirl
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
One thing to keep in mind about the counter is that it lags a day. So if you did a Daily Survey on Sunday and then it credited to your account on Monday, it will actually show up after the counter updates in the middle of the night Monday.

If you did an AMP on Monday, were you already signed up for the contest before you did it? If not, it may not show up until tomorrow.

It may take a day or so to get all of the entries caught up properly.

AlternateEgo
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I am really excitied about this giveaway! Even if I don't actually win anything, I will feel better about giving it the best shot.

faithhope
11-02-2009, 04:40 PM
One thing to keep in mind about the counter is that it lags a day. So if you did a Daily Survey on Sunday and then it credited to your account on Monday, it will actually show up after the counter updates in the middle of the night Monday.

If you did an AMP on Monday, were you already signed up for the contest before you did it? If not, it may not show up until tomorrow.

It may take a day or so to get all of the entries caught up properly.

I clicked on my first entry on Sunday and then went and tried for a daily (no luck) and did get Amp survey. I'll be honest and say I probably wouldn't have tried for surveys yesterday if it hadn't been for the contest as I wasn't feeling well.

I'm fine with it taking a while to credit in the counter... just excited to see the numbers go up each morning (or whenever the counter updates). I think it will help me keep going at it even though any money I earn will go to next year's trip.

I'm now wondering if I'll get "pain-in-the-butt" as my special label. :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
One other clarification that I need to make is the shopping. The purchases must be made during the contest period (which started November 1). But they can hit your account as either a pending or a credit... meaning that you don't have to have the full pending period pass before the contest is over for them to credit. You could make a purchase on December 31 and it would still count even though it is pending. But purchases made BEFORE November 1 will not count.

~Kathie
11-02-2009, 06:07 PM
One other clarification that I need to make is the shopping. The purchases must be made during the contest period (which started November 1). But they can hit your account as either a pending or a credit... meaning that you don't have to have the full pending period pass before the contest is over for them to credit. You could make a purchase on December 31 and it would still count even though it is pending. But purchases made BEFORE November 1 will not count.

Thanks for the clarification!!!

pbhall13
11-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Great Holiday give away!!!!!!!

fourfoxesinpa
11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm now wondering if I'll get "pain-in-the-butt" as my special label. :rotfl:

:rotfl: I wear that label proudly. :rotfl:

mmm611
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Question here. I kknow Amazon doesn't let you give us credit for purchases, but will a purchase from them count for an entry? My brother found a deal of the day that looks good for my mom's Christmas present and we need to figure out which one of us will get it, if we go with that.

29apr00
11-03-2009, 09:22 AM
has anyones count updated yet? I did a DS and OTX on 11/1 and 11/2, but it still shows only 1 entry for me? I've already got my OTX for 11/3 also.

SunshineGirl
11-03-2009, 09:34 AM
has anyones count updated yet? I did a DS and OTX on 11/1 and 11/2, but it still shows only 1 entry for me? I've already got my OTX for 11/3 also.

I just sent your member number to SG to have him look at it and see why the AMP isn't showing up.

Question here. I kknow Amazon doesn't let you give us credit for purchases, but will a purchase from them count for an entry? My brother found a deal of the day that looks good for my mom's Christmas present and we need to figure out which one of us will get it, if we go with that.

Unfortunately, Amazon does not even give us a way to track the purchases. We have one link with them and it all comes across as the same purchaser no matter which member makes the purchase. I don't have any idea why they do that because it is NOT the norm in the industry.

~Kathie
11-03-2009, 09:35 AM

Mine is also showing 1. The contest page states it will update every 24 hours but I think Tricia said it will take a few days to catch up. I'll see if I can find that post.

Tricia and I were posting at the same time. I did my AMP last night about 9:30........so actually didn't expect it to show yet.
My Nov 1st shopping that is pending hasn't shown........in case that's something else SG should look at.

athoods
11-03-2009, 10:14 AM

The counter is also showing 1 credit for me as well and i am assuming it was the registration click. I did a DS on 11/1 and an AMP on 11/2. Shouldn't the DS for 11/1 credited by now thethe AMP on 11/2 will show up the next day?:confused:

gpp2001
11-03-2009, 10:19 AM
The counter is also showing 1 credit for me as well and i am assuming it was the registration click. I did a DS on 11/1 and an AMP on 11/2. Shouldn't the DS for 11/1 credited by now thethe AMP on 11/2 will show up the next day?:confused:

It's possible because the DS posted a little late that they weren't included in the count for yesterday. I did a DS on 11/1 and 11/2 and an AMP yesterday at 11:30 PST and my count still says one. It probably updates in the am and none of my credits posted before noon EST. JM2C!

29apr00
11-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Glad it's not just me.....that's 4 credits towards $5! :clap:

Thanks for looking into it Tricia!

athoods
11-03-2009, 10:26 AM
It's possible because the DS posted a little late that they weren't included in the count for yesterday. I did a DS on 11/1 and 11/2 and an AMP yesterday at 11:30 PST and my count still says one. It probably updates in the am and none of my credits posted before noon EST. JM2C!

:thanks: for the reply. The important thing is that they are crediting into my account so i guess the counter will reflect the credit eventually.:D

fourfoxesinpa
11-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm probably missing this, but is there a way to access the Holiday promo page from the Home page or do I need to come to the forum and click on the link to check my entries?

Thanks.

SunshineGirl
11-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Updates:

Check your counters now. SG just ran an update.

I'm working on a cute little graphic to link from the left sidebar that should be up sometime today. If I can't get the graphic just right, I'll put up a temporary text link.

faithhope
11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Counter is right for me... Thanks...:sunshine2:

faithhope
11-03-2009, 11:11 AM
:rotfl: I wear that label proudly. :rotfl:

Congrats! Guess I'm lucky it was already taken:rotfl:

sunshinecindy
11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Counter is right for me... Thanks...:sunshine2:

**phew***

:p

29apr00
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
6 entries! WOO HOO it even showed the OTX i did this morning!!

THANK YOU!!!

~Kathie
11-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Updates:

Check your counters now. SG just ran an update.

All mine are there. Thanks!!!

I'm working on a cute little graphic to link from the left sidebar that should be up sometime today. If I can't get the graphic just right, I'll put up a temporary text link.

That would be great.......thanks!

LauraLea
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Mine is still only showing 1, but I got .90 credit for a GF DS yesterday. It should be showing a credit here as well, correct?

Laura

mmm611
11-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately, Amazon does not even give us a way to track the purchases. We have one link with them and it all comes across as the same purchaser no matter which member makes the purchase. I don't have any idea why they do that because it is NOT the norm in the industry.

That stinks, but thanks for the answer. I wasn't sure if it would work, but we decided to go for it and I got it via my SR link. I figured at the very least there, SR would get credit for it, even if I didn't.