PDA

View Full Version : Leaving On Friday...

Kittykat
09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
and I haven't even started packing! :eek:

Our boys know we're checking them out of school early on Friday but they think we're heading up to Atlanta for a couple of days to visit DH's brother and family. Little do they know...

DH and I are SO excited! Usually I'm packed and ready to go at least a week ahead of time but I've been so busy lately I haven't taken the time to pack! What's wrong with me?!?!

I hope my last $25 Disney GC from SR comes before we leave.

I can't wait! I need to go pack! Maybe I'm too excited to pack?!

:cooldance:

spring
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Hope you have a great, magical time. Won't your kids be surprised!!!:minnie: :mickey:

coastalgirl
09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Can I go with ya??? :rotfl: I hope you all have a wonderful trip!!! Bring me back something good!!:mickey:

ligrumpygirl
09-17-2007, 09:41 PM
We always pack the day before...it has become a tradition!! With the OL now it is much easier though.

linanglab
09-18-2007, 06:36 AM
How exciting!!!! You will have SOO much fun! The next couple of days will seem to drag out - at least they did for me before we went! Have fun.

Oh...and GET PACKING!!! :)

Angela

m 'n c
09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
I will pack for you if I can tag along. I started packing a month early last year. I probably won't be that bad next year.

Kittykat
09-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Of course you can all come with me! Though the double beds at Pop might get a little crowded...

m 'n c, you might have to come pack for me, I still haven't started! Argh!!! At least I did get the van ready today--third row seat removed and upholstery shampooed and vaccumed.

And I got my hair trimmed.

Still need to do a mani/pedi...and PACK! :p

Still no $25 SR GC...please please please come this week! I cashed out on 9/7 so two weeks will be the day we leave!:dollarsign: :sun: :dollarsign:

Kittykat
09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
T minus 48 hours and still not a single thing packed. And now we're watching this low/subtropical depression/tropical storm slide across the Florida peninsula and potentially heading straight toward us. :p

DH came home for lunch and I told him I hoped that school would be cancelled on Friday so we could leave even earlier. Then I told him I could have us all ready to leave tomorrow night and I wouldn't mind driving in tropical storm force winds.

I think I scared him. :rotfl:

He told me to calm down and we would leave no earlier than noon on Friday. Well, I tried...

I am curious to see whether school will be cancelled on Friday due to whatever type of system is in the Gulf.

Okay, going to start packing NOW. HONEST!!:angel:

SunshineGirl
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm so excited for you!!! I know that feeling of being so close. It's like all you can do is think about what is waiting for you and you can't get anything done. LOL!

wilsonfamily4
09-19-2007, 10:24 PM
So how is it going? We are all living our disney withdrawls through you so keep us informed. I have 16 months before I go back so I NEED these trip reports.

Magical JenK
09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
KittyKat-Have SOOOOOOOO much fun! Enjoy your time & relish every magical second there!! Take lots of photos so you can relive them when you get home!! :0)
Jen

Kittykat
09-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Thank you, girls. :sunshine2:

I'm happy to say that we are 99% packed. As I was packing my boys last night I realized my 11YO needed decent shirts to wear so I hit up the Old Navy this morning and picked up a few things for him. Spouse and younger son needed socks so I had to hit the Nike store, too. So just to launder those and stick them in the suitcases...and I should be good.

Men.

We're going to load the van tonight and try to avoid the squally weather that's forecast for tomorrow. Looks like we'll be driving out of it for the most part.

I can't wait. By this time tomorrow we should be en route! :cooldance: