PDA

View Full Version : Somebody jump up and down with me!!!!

JillyFish
09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! I finally was able to book my trip for DD7 and me in January!!!!! :mickey: I'm SO excited!!!!!!!! I called yesterday and booked, but didn't have time to also do ADRs so I just got off the phone from doing that. And I got everything I wanted!! :clap:

SO.....here's the plan so far....

We will fly into Orlando on Saturday, 1/12. My parents spend January in Florida so they will pick us up at the airport and we will stay with them for a couple days. On Tuesday, 1/15 we will all drive to WDW and DD and I will check into POP. Then we will all spend the day at Epcot together. That evening Mom and Dad will drive "home" and DD and I will be on our own for the rest of the week.

On Wednesday, 1/16 I got us an ADR for breakfast at CP and we will spend the whole day at MK.

On Thursday, 1/17 we will go back to the MK. I got DD an appointment at the BBB in the castle in the afternoon and for dinner we head over to the GF for dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare.

On Friday, 1/18 we will head to MGM and go to the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. I'm not sure how much time we will spend at MGM. I'm thinking the only things DD will like are Beauty and the Beast and The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, maybe Muppets, and the parade. (I think I read that Playhouse Disney will be closed for updates then.) My DD is very sensitive to loud noises and so the 2 stunt shows are out as well as The Great Movie Ride and the Backlot Tour. But we will play it by ear. I think we'll then spend the evening at Downtown Disney.

On Saturday we will fly home. I don't have flights yet so I don't know times, but I went ahead and made a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe. And then depending on when our flight is we may go back to a park until it's time to go to the airport.

I know it sounds like a lot of breakfasts, but DD is kind of a picky eater and I though she'd do better with breakfast and get more for my hard-earned Sunshine Rewards!!

And speaking of SR....my rewards will hopefully be paying for the majority of this trip. We couldn't go without it. So thank you SR!!!! :sunshine2:

Oh and I forgot to say, but this trip will be a surprise for DD. Not sure how and when I'll tell her yet. I know she will be excited though because her brother got to go last year (just day trips to MK and MGM).

Sorry this is so long, but I was about to bust if I didn't tell somebody!!!!! :banana: This is my first time staying on site and having a real "Disney vacation." I'm so excited! Thanks for jumping up and down with me!!!

wilsonfamily4
09-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I am jumping up and down for you! What fun. I hope to someday take my daughter on a specail trip. I need a good bonding experience with her. :) Your trip looks wonderful1

nurseminnie76
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
:cooldance:

Yay! I'm so excited for you. It is so much fun to plan for a trip to Mickey's House. I hope your DD has a magical time. :wizard:

m 'n c
09-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Yay Jill!!! Yall are going to have a blast. I am interested in hearing how all the breakfasts go as I have only done Chef Mickey's in the past.

zoodoyle
09-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Sounds like it will be a WONDERFUL trip that both of you will remember for a lifetime!!! :sunshine:

JillyFish
09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
I am jumping up and down for you! What fun. I hope to someday take my daughter on a specail trip. I need a good bonding experience with her. :) Your trip looks wonderful1

Thanks everybody!!! :)

We really need a girl's bonding trip! She is definitely Daddy's Little Girl!!! Plus we are so very different personality-wise so we clash a lot.....I'm scared to death of the teenage years! So this trip should be interesting! I'm really looking forward to it though!!!

SunshineGirl
09-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Yea!!! This sounds like so much fun!! I am so happy for both of you. :mickey:

wilsonfamily4
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks everybody!!! :)

We really need a girl's bonding trip! She is definitely Daddy's Little Girl!!! Plus we are so very different personality-wise so we clash a lot.....I'm scared to death of the teenage years! So this trip should be interesting! I'm really looking forward to it though!!!

I also seem to clash with my daughter who is only 5. So I am envious of this special time you will have with your daughter to make GOOD memories. Sometimes our children need one on one time to feel our love. You are showering her with love! what a grand trip. And gotta love Sr for helping us achieve these goals.

coastalgirl
09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
How neat for the both of you! I hope you two have a most wonderful trip!!!

Hedy
09-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Yay! :sunshine2:

Blessing and Miracle
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm jumping with you!! That sounds great! I wanna go again and we just went in July! That's great! :cooldance:

3dog2kidmom
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm SOOOO excited for you, Jilly!!! You are flying home the day before we arrive. You will love 1900 Park Fare and CP. We took DD7 and DS9 to CP this past January and DDnow8 and her "BFF" to 1900 for their birthday dinner. If you want to see photos to get you in the mood, let me know and I'll post some more... here's one to start with :)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/IMG_3567.jpg

eaglesdare
09-18-2007, 08:30 PM
congrats to you! i can't wait to book my trip. we want to go in april.

JillyFish
09-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm SOOOO excited for you, Jilly!!! You are flying home the day before we arrive. You will love 1900 Park Fare and CP. We took DD7 and DS9 to CP this past January and DDnow8 and her "BFF" to 1900 for their birthday dinner. If you want to see photos to get you in the mood, let me know and I'll post some more... here's one to start with :)

Thanks Shelly!! The girls are so cute and look like they had a good time. When I called to make my ADRs the CM did confirm that the characters would be Cinderella, Prince Charming, and Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters. So no Fairy Godmother or mice for us. :( But I'm sure it will still be great! I can't wait!

snshnrwrdsfn
10-03-2007, 09:09 PM
How wonderful for you. Have a great time. Let us know how and when you tell your daughter.

eaglesdare
10-03-2007, 09:28 PM
that is so exciting.

JillyFish
10-04-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure how we'll surprise her yet.

We surprised DS8 last year. Before he went to school on the day we left I told him that I was coming to school later and had a surprise. He had no clue what it could be. So half-way through the day DH and I showed up at school. I think he actually forgot we were coming. It was so funny because all his teachers knew what was going on and had kept the secret. They were just as excited as I was. When we picked him up his class was in the Library so all the teachers came in to watch us surprise him and see him reaction. So anyways....we went in to the Library and I asked him if he wanted to go on an airplane to Florida with me to see Grandma and Grandpa...TODAY! He said he did, but I don't think he really believed me. Then I asked him if he wanted to go to DW while were in Florida anyways. Again he said yes but he kept giving me this unsure look. I don't think it started to sink in until we started to leave the school and all the teachers were so excited for him and were asking him questions. But by the time we were on our way to the airport, all he could keep saying was "I'm so excited!!" It was cute! And we had SUCH a good time. Ahhh....memories!! :)

Here are a few photos (http://www.slide.com/r/VF9Q8IZy5z8xOFpkP-slJMDaQKJxqD1s?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original) if you're interested.

It will be different trying to surprise DD though. First of all, we leave on a Saturday this time, so everyone will be home and be involved. I know DS will be disappointed that he is not going again too, so I'm trying to think of a way to have him help me surprise her. Or will that just make him feel worse? DD is also way more exciteable so that will make a huge difference too.

I'm glad you guys are excited for us. Although DH is willing for us to go, he just doesn't get it. He did say he thinks this trip is more for me than her though. :angel: Maybe he gets it more than I think! :blush:

linanglab
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Congratulations on your trip! I SOOO want to take a mother/daughter's trip. Maybe someday. Are you going to be like the mom and daughter in that WDW commercial where all of the sudden the mom looks and acts like an 8 year old? I LOVE that commercial! That is so me! And yes...that commercial makes me cry...if you know me, that wouldn't surprise you. I tend to be a cryer...

Have fun planning the trip and the surprise!

3dog2kidmom
10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Congratulations on your trip! I SOOO want to take a mother/daughter's trip. Maybe someday. Are you going to be like the mom and daughter in that WDW commercial where all of the sudden the mom looks and acts like an 8 year old? I LOVE that commercial! That is so me! And yes...that commercial makes me cry...if you know me, that wouldn't surprise you. I tend to be a cryer...

Have fun planning the trip and the surprise!

Oh Angela, you and Bethany should do that someday! Taylor and I took a mother daughter trip in June (with my friend and her daughter) and it was absolutely the BEST!!! I want to do it frequently in fact!

JillyFish
11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Okay....More jumping going on here today. I just got an AWESOME deal on our flights with Southwest....$49 one way!!!!! :cooldance: WOO HOO!!!!!!! :cooldance: And it wasn't even a DING....it was just part of their Winter sale!! I'm so excited. Our total for the two of us came to $237....that's more than $100 less than what I payed last year. I'm so excited.....did I already say that??

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!! :mickey: Woot! Woot!

Only 46 more days!!!!!!!!

Hedy
11-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Squee! :sunshine2:

linanglab
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Nothing better than finishing up your trip details! Especially the flights! Congrats on a great deal! And your trip is fastly approaching! Take lots of pictures!

DD and I might be taking a trip with my parents and my sister's family this summer. However, I may have my boys too. They know about the possiblity, (my DD does not) and are thinking about skipping their sports for that week and going with me. Not that I don't want my boys to go, and I would miss them, but it would be nice to have some bonding time with Bethany. (Plus, it would be a bit cheaper - 1 adult and 1 child versus 3 adults and 1 child....

Again....congratulations!

faithhope
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
:sunshine2: How exciting!!! can't wait to hear about her reaction when she finds out.

Faith
who has 6 days until takeoff

chipndale
11-28-2007, 01:46 AM
What a great trip. I hope you think of some clever way to surprise her. Looking forward to hearing all the details. Please keep us posted!

JillyFish
11-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Nothing better than finishing up your trip details! Especially the flights! Congrats on a great deal! And your trip is fastly approaching! Take lots of pictures!

DD and I might be taking a trip with my parents and my sister's family this summer. However, I may have my boys too. They know about the possiblity, (my DD does not) and are thinking about skipping their sports for that week and going with me. Not that I don't want my boys to go, and I would miss them, but it would be nice to have some bonding time with Bethany. (Plus, it would be a bit cheaper - 1 adult and 1 child versus 3 adults and 1 child....

Again....congratulations!

Don't worry, I will take a LOT of pictures!!! I hope you get to take a girl's trip too!!

What a great trip. I hope you think of some clever way to surprise her. Looking forward to hearing all the details. Please keep us posted!

I've never done one before, but I hope to write a trip report when we get home.

JillyFish
11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I just payed off the balance of our package!!! WOO HOO!!!! Feels so good to have it PAID IN FULL!!! I was just figuring and I was able to pay for about 2/3 of the package with Disney GCs earned on SR!!!! After Dec 15th, I will be cashing out for $75 more.....that will be FUN money!!! :mickey:

Thank you Sunshine Rewards!!!!! :sunshine2:

bs4free
11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Thats Great New that its Paid In FULL i love when that happens!!! and even better that so much came from SR WOOT! Have a great Trip!

JillyFish
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Received our travel documents and luggage tags today!!!! :cooldance:
Only 30 more days!!!!!! :mickey:

bs4free
12-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I love when the Travel Docs come... Then its almost time to go WOOT!!!

luvdisney00
01-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Jill,
Just saw this thread and it's almost time to go!!! Have a wonderful time, it sounds great. Enjoy that special time with your daughter and bring back some pics to share.
Dorothy:mickey:

linanglab
01-06-2008, 07:38 AM
YES!!!!! Get ready! It is almost here! YIPPEE!! Your excitement has to almost be unbearable!

JillyFish
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
You're right! I am SO VERY VERY excited!!! I'm also a little overwhelmed thinking of all the things I need to get done this week before we leave though!!

Only 5 more days!!

linanglab
01-07-2008, 07:40 AM
You're right! I am SO VERY VERY excited!!! I'm also a little overwhelmed thinking of all the things I need to get done this week before we leave though!!

Only 5 more days!!

I am so happy for you. And because of YOU, I was able to talk my DH into letting me take my DD to WDW this summer with my mom and sister's family. We will spend some time together, but I imagine we will be doing different things most of the time. Bethany will be 7 also when we go, so you will have to give me all the details of how it went and what you did, etc.! Have a ball!

JillyFish
01-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm so happy that you get to have your Mother/Daughter trip Angela! Hopefully when we get back I will have enough time to write a trip report and fill you in on all we did!

JillyFish
01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, we told her...last night. And she's very excited! We didn't come up with any great way to surprise her so we just told her....but she was surprised and as I said VERY excited! We actually had too much homework and stuff going on last night to really dwell on it too much. But I hope tonight to be able to sit down with her and watch the planning video and talk about all the fun things we're going to do.

Okay, I gotta go get busy. Have to go grocery shopping and do more laundry so my boys have food and clothing while I'm gone for a week! :rotfl:

Two days and counting!!! :banana:

Hedy
01-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, we told her...last night. And she's very excited! We didn't come up with any great way to surprise her so we just told her....but she was surprised and as I said VERY excited! We actually had too much homework and stuff going on last night to really dwell on it too much. But I hope tonight to be able to sit down with her and watch the planning video and talk about all the fun things we're going to do.

Okay, I gotta go get busy. Have to go grocery shopping and do more laundry so my boys have food and clothing while I'm gone for a week! :rotfl:

Two days and counting!!! :banana:

Woohoo! :cooldance:

bs4free
01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
:woohoo: Have a fun Great Trip in ONLY TWO DAYS!!!!

Weluvdisny
01-11-2008, 12:39 AM
:minnie: :mickey: Have a great time!!!:mickey: :minnie:

JillyFish
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks everybody!! :)

Okay...it's almost midnight so I'm allowed to say it.....

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!

:party: :woohoo: :party:

Mom2aPrincess
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Have an AWESOME time...I just got back from taking my two girls (16 and 7) and we had a blast...I got a pin in my email and am trying to decide if we can go back in August...the 16 year old isn't sure she wants to go as she's planning to work all summer to save up to buy a car, but even if she doesn't the 7 (who would turn 8 while we were there) and I could go....

I even called my Mom to see if she might want to go along and bring my sister (who's 15)....she's thinking about it...I loved both of my trips with the girls, but I'm thinking we could share the magic.

bs4free
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks everybody!! :)

Okay...it's almost midnight so I'm allowed to say it.....

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!

:party: :woohoo: :party:
WOOT! 24Hours and Counting!

Sunni
01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I am jumping up and down for ya. How exciting....your trip is just about to begin..........any room in the suitcase?

Hedy
01-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Have fun! :sunshine2: :sunshine2:

linanglab
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
You have GOT to be excited beyond excited! I love "seeing" my SR friends ready to take a trip. It brings back the memories of our nights and weeks before our WDW trips. VERY exciting.

Have a wonderful mom and daughter time! BOND BOND BOND!

JillyFish
01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
T minus 17 hours....and counting......

:woohoo:

I've been very good today and haven't spent TOO much time on the computer. Packing is pretty much done. Just have to throw all that last minute stuff in tomorrow morning.

We'll leave about 8am for the airport for a 10:50am flight. I'm WAY excited and just want to get going!!!!!!

bs4free
01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Your going to have a great trip, its so real at this point its almost time :woohoo: WOOT!

JillyFish
01-20-2008, 08:54 PM
We're home! Okay, so now I'm not jumping up and down so much as stomping my feet and saying "I wanna go BACK!!!!" :cry:

We had a good trip. I will hopefully start a trip report some time tomorrow. Tonight I'm just too tired and can't see straight....plus I don't have the photos on my computer yet....I took over 300 plus about 175 on Photopass!!!

I missed you guys and I thought of many of you while on this trip. Every time I walked over the name bricks in front of MK I thought of Jen (I would've gone looking for your brick if I didn't have DD with me Jen!) Didn't try a churro, but seeing them on the menu brought Tricia to mind as did the Rainforest Cafe and Angela! I've been trying to catch up on everything that's been going on here while I was gone. Gotta get going on all the new offers and check out the new merchants too!!

linanglab
01-20-2008, 09:09 PM
We're home! Okay, so now I'm not jumping up and down so much as stomping my feet and saying "I wanna go BACK!!!!" :cry:

We had a good trip. I will hopefully start a trip report some time tomorrow. Tonight I'm just too tired and can't see straight....plus I don't have the photos on my computer yet....I took over 300 plus about 175 on Photopass!!!

I missed you guys and I thought of many of you while on this trip. Every time I walked over the name bricks in front of MK I thought of Jen (I would've gone looking for your brick if I didn't have DD with me Jen!) Didn't try a churro, but seeing them on the menu brought Tricia to mind as did the Rainforest Cafe and Angela! I've been trying to catch up on everything that's been going on here while I was gone. Gotta get going on all the new offers and check out the new merchants too!!

Glad you had a great time! Anxious to see your trip report! It is nice to be thought of while you were on vacation! LOL!!!

Get some sleep and get those pics downloaded tomorrow so we can see all the fun things you did! Welcome home! Hopefully you won't go throug PDD - Post Disney Depression....

m 'n c
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome home!! I'm glad you had a good trip. I am looking forward to your trip report. Did you cross paths with the dream team at all?

bs4free
01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome back, glad yoiu are home safe, and had a good trp i can not wait to hear more about it!

JillyFish
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Welcome home!! I'm glad you had a good trip. I am looking forward to your trip report. Did you cross paths with the dream team at all?

Thanks for the welcome home you guys!

No dreams for us this trip. The closest we came was coming off of BTMRR we saw a family that had been pulled aside by the Dream Team and when we got totally out of the ride there were lots of people with YOAMD ears on. So the people a couple cars ahead of us must have got them. DD did get a couple "magical moments" though.

m 'n c
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Magical moments are good too. You will have to make sure they are in your trip report since I"m not totally familar with what a magical moment is. :)

3dog2kidmom
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM

Welcome home, Jill!! Actually I'm sorry you had to come home, Jill....

We should be leaving for the airport (again, but that's going to be another post) in a few hours. I will think of everyone here often, too! Can't wait to see your pics :)

JillyFish
01-21-2008, 12:35 AM
First installment of the Trip Report is up!

My Big Fat Mother/Daughter Florida Adventure! (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?p=104047#post104047)

bs4free
01-21-2008, 12:52 AM
WOOT Thanks Jill!!!!

Weluvdisny
01-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Can't wait to read your trip report! Glad to have you back!