PDA

View Full Version : TGIF! But Why??

SunshineGirl
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Everyone always says "Thank Goodness It's Friday." But why? What's your reason for being glad it is Friday?

Maybe it's because you don't work on the weekends? Or you get to sleep in on Saturday? Or Friday night is when you get together with the girls? Tell me why today is TGIF for YOU!

sammielynn
11-06-2009, 12:20 PM
For me it's because I can get my nest cleaned up from the week before! Plus I get to sleep late on Saturday and stay in my PJ's all day if I want.

AlternateEgo
11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Its because I don't have to fight the kids to get their homework done, in the bath, and in bed on time. Its because I dont have to get up early in the morning and get everyone ready for school and myself for work. It because I don't have to remind the children to put their seatbelts on, even if we are only going a few blocks. Its because I get to catch up on all my recorded shows. But mostly... its because I get to see my hubby :)

PSL1013
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Because I stay home all week by myself...I get to go out and do fun things with my husband like take car rides, go shopping, going out to eat, etc. and we usually get together with friends to play cards or games on Saturday night with wine of course...as you can see, I don't lead a very exciting life...but I do look forward to the weekends! :rotfl:

askomsky
11-06-2009, 01:39 PM
No homework and rushing for dinner. I'm still rushing around with 3 kids and 4 sports on weekends.

SO I really do enjoy the no homework but the weekends anymore are an hour driving sometimes to a ice hockey game. But I do love it and the weekend games make the running all week to practices (soccer, hockey, football) alll worth it.

No sleeping in here but at least DH is home and we run crazy together. Sometimes a nap happens though! lol

mollyeilis
11-06-2009, 01:55 PM
While Fridays are just another day for me personally, I enjoy how much my son likes them, because he knows it's the weekend and he'll get to watch different cartoons or play computer games with hubby while I sleep in, instead of being with boring old me. :)

athoods
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
For most the work week is over but DH works till noon on Sat.:( But, Friday is the end if the school week and we all just get together to spend times as a family. Watch a movie, some TV, play cards, or a game. Order pizza and just kick back and catch up if we need too.

Weluvdisny
11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
TGIF means to me that my life is no longer dictated by watching the minutes tick by on the clock. Five o'clock comes and I'm free!! There is always something going on during the weekend and I look forward to spending it with my family.

And it means more time to make money on SR!!:sunshine:

Blessing and Miracle
11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
The entire family is home. No work. No school. It's family time! It doesn't matter if we go out or stay in, just being together is all I need.

And I can turn off that darn alarm clock. LOL.

spring
11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Easy question for me. I work Monday through Friday.

ligrumpygirl
11-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I usually love Fridays because I hang out with the coolest friends...but not this week :(

That's ok...because this weekend is my birthday!!!!! So my friends at school made a yummy cake for us to share at lunch!

MamaO
11-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I work a compressed work week so am done in the early afternoon on Friday. It's a lazy rest of the day - sometimes an errand or two, sometimes a nap - and at this time of year I get home while it's still light out! And during hockey season, we have Friday night tickets to the Wisconsin Badger hockey games.

fanofree
11-06-2009, 11:49 PM
TGIF? Casual Friday, I can wear jeans to work. No alarm clock tomorrow - Yeah! Maybe some special time with DD. Saturday date night with the BF. I love weekends!

MdCaterer
11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
I am thrilled it's Friday because my family and two other families are traveling to New York to hang out for the weekend and go to the play Shrek!!! The kids are all 10 years old so they are having a blast hanging out together on the ride to NY and can't wait to explore the city tomorrow and see the play!!!!

faithhope
11-07-2009, 01:14 AM
My husband gets to spend time with the children and me. It is a change of pace... from the hectic get-it-all-done pace of the week, to a lets-play-a-game lazy time together of the weekend. We are blessed that my husband has a job he enjoys... but it is nice to be free to choose how to spend a couple of days in a row. A chance to reconnect when we aren't so dog tired from the demands of work or kids. Free from any schedule (except for the occasional birthday party).

An opportunity to stay up late playing a game or watching a movie together and no worry of getting enough sleep.

Soccer Princess
11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I work Monday - Friday and by the end of the week I am pulling my hair out, so the 2 day break the weekend brings is greatly appreciated. I get to spend time with my husband and dogs, as well as catch up on things around the house. :)

chipndale
11-08-2009, 12:58 AM
TGIF means that Saturday is coming! No more alarm clock waking me up! No having to get the kids dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth and comb hair, get coats and book bags and be out the door and on time for the school bus. AND in the evening no rushing around to go to sporting activities(we still do that some on the weekends) and then racing home to get supper, do all the homework and try to get the kids in bed and sleeping at a decent time. I love sleeping in and having a lazy Sunday that I am still in my PJ's at noon!

rumrunnergirl
11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
TGIF for me because DH gets paid on Friday. I love to get up and check the bank account online and see his paycheck there. :)

Plus I get to sleep late on Sat & Sun because I don't have to take the kids to school.

It's a win-win day for me.