PDA

View Full Version : ebay purchases never credited

nanja
09-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I made 17 purchases thru the ebay link from April to May 2007 and a purchase from Abe books and never received credit for any of them
I sent a trouble ticket for each transaction included all my email confirmations I received from the sellers and yet NOTHING
I hesitate to use the links on this site for any pruchases at all:confused:

SunshineGirl
09-18-2007, 05:25 PM
We had MAJOR problems with ebay back in April and they did not credit us for one single transaction for weeks on end. We were finally about to pull their links and then we all of a sudden started getting credit for everything. There is no telling how much money all of us lost during that time, but ebay is too big to care much about a little site like ours. :(

As for Abe books, I'm really surprised. We haven't had any problems with them, and I don't see any open trouble tickets. Is it in the status of "submitted to merchant" or "closed"?

nanja
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Sorry my mistake Looking back at my email folders I see I made a purchase but didnt bother to file a trouble ticket for the Abe book site purchase because I made 18 purchases from ebay over 4/18 to 5/10 ,filed trouble tickets for all of them and never received a cent in credit so I felt it was a useless pursuit of saving my email proof of purchase ,sending them in the trouble ticket and never accomplishing anything
So I have returned to the site to give Sunshine rewards shopping a second chance Ive made a purchases from ebay 0n 9/19. 9/24, 9/26, 9/28, 9/29.9/30 and today 10/1 so far just one of these purchses have been posted as pending so.... I wait:rotfl:

SunshineGirl
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Sorry my mistake Looking back at my email folders I see I made a purchase but didnt bother to file a trouble ticket for the Abe book site purchase because I made 18 purchases from ebay over 4/18 to 5/10 ,filed trouble tickets for all of them and never received a cent in credit so I felt it was a useless pursuit of saving my email proof of purchase ,sending them in the trouble ticket and never accomplishing anything
So I have returned to the site to give Sunshine rewards shopping a second chance Ive made a purchases from ebay 0n 9/19. 9/24, 9/26, 9/28, 9/29.9/30 and today 10/1 so far just one of these purchses have been posted as pending so.... I wait:rotfl:

I don't like the sound of that. Grrr...these should be crediting for you better than that. Let me ask a couple of things-- Have you tried any of the offers so we can tell if your cookies are set right? Do you have any kind of toolbars installed like a coupon reminder or anything like that? We should be able to kind of narrow down the problem so that we can start getting you some moolah.

nanja
10-01-2007, 09:58 PM
no I havent tried any of the offers
I have tried doing the daily survey
I right click on the banner to open it in a new window for me It says it is loading
http://gozing.directtrack.com/z/3010/CD1989/103 but a survey never loads up no matter how long I wait
Im using IE7 and frankly havent had any problems anywhere except here!

SunshineGirl
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
We had someone else having the exact same thing recently. What in the world did it turn out to be? Maybe the spyware program or a firewall issues? Someone help!

m 'n c
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
We had someone else having the exact same thing recently. What in the world did it turn out to be? Maybe the spyware program or a firewall issues? Someone help!

umm not sure about that issue but we finally figured out that there is an issue with some people's computers and spybot for some odd reason. Its been blocking the daily survey page for some people. I'm not sure what IE they are running but people with the issue were on XP. I'm on IE 6 and haven't had an issue but maybe they are on IE 7.

OP - what programs are you using on your computer?

nanja
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I just did a couple of offers Had no problem with that
I have Windows XP ,IE7, a pop up blocker from comcast and use comcasts spyware scan

cglaura
10-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Is it McAffee from Comcast? If so, I think it has an auto cookie cleaner. I'm going to look on another computer that has it and I'll post back w/ more.

Also, the surveys are pop ups, so maybe you can turn off the blocker when you are doing them?

Don't know if right click/open in new window is an issue. Not sure what that issue could be, I just click on the green banner, it takes me to the demographics page, then from there it pops open a new window (no pop up blocker).

Going to look at McAffee...

McAffee - Computer & Files - Click on Configure

SystemGuard Protection - Click Advanced

On the right side is sort of a menu, click Real Time Scanning

There is a list of check boxes, one of them is "Scan and remove tracking cookies"

If you have this checked, McAffee will auto delete cookies.

Now why you get credit for some and not other I don't know. Are there different types of tracking cookies?

nanja
10-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I dont use the mcafee virus program I use AVG I also tried the survey from
the same computer using Netscape 8 Same problem Would take me to demographics page but after that no survey would load
I think Im goint to try my husbands computer tomorrow I want to see if my ebay purchases get credited and if the surveys will load He uses IE 6 with Windows XP maybe it has something to do with IE7???

m 'n c
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Well I don't think Netscape works with many things on SR or any other site. for some reason the advertisers and such have everything set up for IE only but some people have been about to use Firefox for some things.

It could be an IE7 thing. I don't have that version because I hate the tab thing (my parents have it).

cglaura
10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
I have XP, IE7, AVG, Spybot (older version), AdAware (older SE version). Credit pretty well, w/ some random ones not.

What spy cleaner do you have from Comcast? I use comcast...wasn't aware of it, all I could find was McAffe on the security page...can you point me in the right direction :)

nanja
10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Its a spyware scan from "pest control" Its part of the comcast toolbar options that you can add on
On the toolbar by the left hand side where it says comcast you can set preferences and add the spyware if you'd like to try it

cglaura
10-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Ah, didn't install the comcast toolbar. Maybe that's the issue?

I know toolbars in general have a way of interfering.

cglaura
10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
This is what is says for the toolbar. Anyone care to jump in on if you think any of these interfere? Not sure.

Comcast Toolbar Features

Security
Protect your identity and your PC with a comprehensive security package including:

Pop-up Blocker
Anti-Spyware Scanner
Anti-Phishing Protection
McAfee Firewall and Virus Protection links

Search
Quickly search for Web sites, news, images, Comcast.net, Fan videos, and more.

Mail
Know how many unread messages are waiting for you and quickly access your Comcast.net Webmail account.

sunshinecindy
10-02-2007, 08:04 AM
This is what is says for the toolbar. Anyone care to jump in on if you think any of these interfere? Not sure.

Comcast Toolbar Features

Security
Protect your identity and your PC with a comprehensive security package including:

Pop-up Blocker
Anti-Spyware Scanner
Anti-Phishing Protection
McAfee Firewall and Virus Protection links

Search
Quickly search for Web sites, news, images, Comcast.net, Fan videos, and more.

Mail
Know how many unread messages are waiting for you and quickly access your Comcast.net Webmail account.

Looks to me like that is protecting too much of her identity. I buy through Ebay on a regular basis and never have a problem. Actually, I never had much of a problem with any of the shopping crediting and i don't have anything special on my computer, just run AVG. No extra toolbars either. I think when you start running all kinds of stuff, it interferes. All that stuff sort of steps on eachother.