PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday/Cyber Monday Thoughts?

SunshineGirl
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Our big holiday promotion is already underway, but I am wondering what all of you would like to see for Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Obviously we will be posting all of the coupons and deals as soon as we get them and running some increased cash back on top of the 12 we already have. But here are some other thoughts:

*Forum Games NOT related to shopping
*Twitter or Facebook Updates as deals come in
*Forum Games based on making purchases
*Help locating particular items on sale
*Threads set up that you can "subscribe" to if you are looking for particular items (like we had for the Wii Fit last year)

Just tossing some things around. What interest you most for those 4 days?

m 'n c
11-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I think a thread where we can post what we are looking for and then having fellow members post where they see it on sale would be awesome! I'm not sure how my weekend is going to go. I am super nervous because we are going to Mike's family for the holidays and well, I want his sister to join SR. I might be tethering via my blackberry so we don't mess up the ip addresses and such. I'm hoping to do some shopping though.

SunshineGirl
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Surely someone else has an opinion!

mdapiggy
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I think a thread where we can post what we are looking for and then having fellow members post where they see it on sale would be awesome!

I agree I have been browsing the shops a lot looking for the best deals on the items I still need.

iluvamystery89
11-13-2009, 02:26 PM
i love cate's suggestion. perhaps we could also have a thread where we post things about the hard-to-buy people in our lives and others could give ideas? sometimes a fresh perspective helps, especially when you're stumped.

PSL1013
11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
My choice would be Forum Games NOT related to shopping because I'm done with my shopping except for a male grab bag type gift and my husband will probably take care of that.

askomsky
11-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Our big holiday promotion is already underway, but I am wondering what all of you would like to see for Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Obviously we will be posting all of the coupons and deals as soon as we get them and running some increased cash back on top of the 12 we already have. But here are some other thoughts:

*Forum Games NOT related to shopping
*Forum Games based on making purchases
*Help locating particular items on sale
*Threads set up that you can "subscribe" to if you are looking for particular items (like we had for the Wii Fit last year)

Just tossing some things around. What interest you most for those 4 days?

This would be probably the most helpful:

wilsonfamily4
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I will be off the computer Black Friday!!! I usually do all my shopping in my house that day but not this year. But Monday I plan on being online and finding those last few things I need. I don't need much this year as I am about done so it isn't as big of a deal this year. (My family is together for Thanksgiving so I am saving shipping by giving all their gifts to them to open on Christmas.)

chipndale
11-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to add in my thoughts. A forum game not related to shopping would be great but something that doesn't require you to be tied to the computer all the time. How about a scavenger hunt? That way you can search and find the clue and decide if you want to guess or wait until the next clue.

A thread in the forum for what someone is searching for would be helpful also. It would be great to have such a thread because I am looking for those darn zhu zhu pets.

shmily1
11-14-2009, 07:35 AM
All of the ideas would be great, but the one I like above the others is the thread on where to find.... I think it would get lots of traffic! Many times I know what I want to get, but just don't know the "best" place to get it.

amarazas
11-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I'd love to see

Facebook Updates as deals come in!

kt27
11-14-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll definately be at home shopping online that Fri-Sun & possibly Mon. Would definately be interested in anything on where to find items & what deals are going on.

SunshineGirl
11-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I'll start working on getting threads set up for specific deals. What specifically will people be looking for besides:

1) Zhu Zhu Pets
2) Deals on Nintendo DS and DSi

m 'n c
11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm not totally serious about buying a laptop right now, having said that if there are any really really good deals on them I would probably cave and buy one now. I think I've seen a few other threads recently on people looking at computers so it might be a good general thread to have going.

nicholfamily5
11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Laptop/desktop deals
pixos
DS games
dvds
bluray player
ipod accessories like headphones, alarm clock, case ect.

Those are the things I am looking for at the moment.

OhMari
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Wii Games, Modum, North Face

Suggestions, maybe Arcade Games.
Sometimes shopping sites get bogged down and really move slow and what a better way to pass the time.
Give us like 10 games to play with, and do it on an honor system, that you can only try 3 times for each game and you can only post your highest score. Out of the 10 games, randomly pick 3 winners to win a dime, nickel and quarter. It don't have to be much, just something to do while we shop.

iluvamystery89
11-18-2009, 05:21 PM
i'm with cate. i need a laptop. can't think of anything else to get my DD besides a cell phone.

fourfoxesinpa
11-18-2009, 09:44 PM
2 weeks ago Walmart had an HP laptop for $299 in store only - so I'm guessing something similar in price will come out on Black Friday? It was very organized. You were handed a number as you got into line and then you took your number to the electronics counter to exchange for one of the laptops.

OhMari
11-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I saw the paid e-mail this morning, and I am buying a new baggalini through Bagsbuy.com.
My dd's told me to get a new purse, they said my old baggalini looked like a back pack. So I got a new purse this summer and I hate it.
I'm going with the black baggalini messenger bag, it is 17% off and with the extra 20% off I can probably get it for $28. Merry Christmas to me.

SunshineGirl
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I saw the paid e-mail this morning, and I am buying a new baggalini through Bagsbuy.com.
My dd's told me to get a new purse, they said my old baggalini looked like a back pack. So I got a new purse this summer and I hate it.
I'm going with the black baggalini messenger bag, it is 17% off and with the extra 20% off I can probably get it for $28. Merry Christmas to me.

That's what I have! I use it all the time... when we travel, the kids' school field trips, pumpkin patch, etc. Love it!

OhMari
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
That's what I have! I use it all the time... when we travel, the kids' school field trips, pumpkin patch, etc. Love it!

Exactly, it's hands free, holds a water bottle on the side, and you wouldn't believe the amount of things I can stuff into it.:rotfl: plus my dh doesn't mind holding it or wearing it-when he absolutely has too.

lkat
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Exactly, it's hands free, holds a water bottle on the side, and you wouldn't believe the amount of things I can stuff into it.:rotfl: plus my dh doesn't mind holding it or wearing it-when he absolutely has too.

About how much could you cram into this thing? I'm looking for a new bag to bring with us to Disney in May...brought a Columbia reg. backpack sized messenger bag diagonal across the shoulder thing like this (but larger) and was ok while we were there, BUT my back was KILLING me for about 2 weeks after we got back!

Any problems like that with this bag? It's smaller, so less weight might just be the issue here...but I always like to make sure I have everything with me that the kids or I might need :rolleyes:

OhMari
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
About how much could you cram into this thing? I'm looking for a new bag to bring with us to Disney in May...brought a Columbia reg. backpack sized messenger bag diagonal across the shoulder thing like this (but larger) and was ok while we were there, BUT my back was KILLING me for about 2 weeks after we got back!

Any problems like that with this bag? It's smaller, so less weight might just be the issue here...but I always like to make sure I have everything with me that the kids or I might need :rolleyes:

Water bottle on the side, there is a phone holder on the other side. My dh would put 3 cans of diet Dew, gator-aid, snacks, I could fit a long sleeve shirt, camera, batteries, wipes, towels, medicine in my bag when we went to WDW. There are 2 zippers on the front and I usually put my camera in there, so I could pull it out faster, plus there is a holder for a pen, and there is a mesh seperating the 2 areas. Oh, I also fit my Passporter in there. There is a zipper on the strap, and we put our tickets in these slots, or fast passes.

The strap crosses in front of you, and the bag rest comfortable on your side back. I love it, but it was heavy in the morning with the soda's, but my dh drank them pretty fast. I actually have the beige and now I am getting the black one. I actually wash mine in the wash machine and hang it outside to dry.

I have a super bad back, and my back never hurt, but I noticed at times it was heavy and that was in the morning, and I made my dh carry it, till he drank all his soda's.

http://www.baggallini.com/images/prod_image_1/mes160_1.gif