PDA

View Full Version : Which Baggalini?

moparop
09-23-2007, 12:19 AM
I know many people swear by the Baggalini for the parks. Which one?

Is there something else just as wonderful I should be looking for to hold a few odds and ends for the kids in the park? Hopefully, that something else is also on shoebuy! Our Disney trip got moved from Sept to Jan so I am frantically looking for higher %age places to shop. :sunshine:

speechteachri
09-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Personally, I didn't have very good luck with the Baggalini, but that's just me. I am relatively small, and the straps did not adjust down enough to make the bag comfy for me to wear. I really tried to like it, but it didn't work out. Before our trip in July I bought the Overland Donner bag for myself and the Overland Placer bag for DD. Both worked very well. I did have to be really careful not to fill the bag too much and make it too heavy though. I usually used it for 1/2 of the day and used the fanny pack for the evening when I didn't carry around a water bottle.

The overland bags are available through REI. Good luck!

eaglesdare
09-23-2007, 09:36 AM
i can't remember which one i have, but i ordered it specifically for our disney trip. i have to say, it is my favorite bag. i now use it everyday. and it was perfect for disney. i just don't know which one it is. it has a shoulder stap, and you can wear it over the shoulder or over the neck. lots of pockets. the strap even has a place where you can store tickets or cell phone.

SunshineGirl
09-23-2007, 09:53 AM
i can't remember which one i have, but i ordered it specifically for our disney trip. i have to say, it is my favorite bag. i now use it everyday. and it was perfect for disney. i just don't know which one it is. it has a shoulder stap, and you can wear it over the shoulder or over the neck. lots of pockets. the strap even has a place where you can store tickets or cell phone.

I think I have the same one (the messenger?) and I use it everytime we are going somewhere with the kids that it isn't appropriate to take a purse (state fair, King's Island, etc). I really do like it. I also like that DH is willing to carry it. LOL! I can typically fit a couple of water bottles, digital camera, cell phone, little snacks, small first aid kit, and then other odds and ends in there.

jnorth1007
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I also have the messanger bag. I haven't used it at Disney yet but will next week. I have used it for a day at the zoo and it worked great. I like mine alot and I have it in a very jazzy red LOL Seems to me my new it color lately.

eaglesdare
09-23-2007, 04:43 PM
I think I have the same one (the messenger?) and I use it everytime we are going somewhere with the kids that it isn't appropriate to take a purse (state fair, King's Island, etc). I really do like it. I also like that DH is willing to carry it. LOL! I can typically fit a couple of water bottles, digital camera, cell phone, little snacks, small first aid kit, and then other odds and ends in there.

yes i think that is the name. i was even going to say that about my hubby even carried it for me (once). yes it holds a lot.

i had the first air, hand sanitizers, ponchos, digital camera, batteries, autograph book, assortment of different colored sharpies, i even had flip flops in there. room for drink bottles etc. i love it.

bartleby1
09-23-2007, 07:47 PM
I bought the baggalini messenger bag for our August trip and LOVE IT!! It has now replaced my everyday "diaper bag", since my 2 year old is now potty trained. It is the perfect size - not too big, not too small.

The only downfall is that I find the strap a little rough on my neck when I wear it across my chest. But, I love the bag so much that I am willing to put up with it.

It also fits perfectly in the small basket of my maclaren stroller.

I ordered mine through WorldTraveler on amazon.com a few months ago. They were selling it for $13.XX with $6 shipping. My total purchase price was $19.XX! It was a steal! I don't know if they are still available for that price, but it might be worth a try.

jnorth1007
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
If you decide on the bagallini make sure to go through Shoebuy because they have 13% back right now plus 10% off for SR members AND 10% off if you are a member of shoebuy. Can't really beat that price and rewards anywhere, not to mention FREE SHIPPING!!!

Kycha
09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
http://i.shoebuy.com/pi/bagga/bagga121602_64251_lg.jpg

This is the style that I have(messenger sling). I love it. It has a zippered pocket on the strap for a cell phone, mesh pouch on the side for a water bottle, zippered pouch in the front for cash, credit cards, park tickets. We try to travel light. We basically carry cash, credit cards, park tickets, photopass cards, cell phone, camera, extra batteries and memory cards, water bottles. There is a ton of room left over for rain pouches or sweatshirts and other stuff. The thing that I love the best about this bag is that I never have to take it off. If I leave it a little loose, I can sling it from front to back and leave it on during the rides. No worries about losing anything. And DH doesn't mind carrying it, even in the turquiose color.

http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602/285130

moparop
09-24-2007, 12:33 AM
If you decide on the bagallini make sure to go through Shoebuy because they have 13% back right now plus 10% off for SR members AND 10% off if you are a member of shoebuy. Can't really beat that price and rewards anywhere, not to mention FREE SHIPPING!!!

OOO!!! I forgot about the shoebuy member discount! I :heart: you guys! You are the smartest-est shoppers ANYWHERE!

ruledbymercury
10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I just ordered the messenger Baggallini in Dark Olive for DH. We recently bought FL Resident Season Passes for WDW, so he has decided he needs a comfortable bag to carry around his camera stuff and whatever else he might need on our future frequent daytrips. We spent the whole weekend there last weekend and the bag he carried around was very uncomfortable and cumbersome, so I'm hoping this will do the trick.

I'm a little worried that the description on the BagsBuy.com site clearly states "Women's" in regards to the messenger. To me, it looks pretty unisex, especially in the Khaki and Dark Olive colors. Luckily, DH isn't the type that really cares much, so long as it isn't vibrant pink with bows all over it or looking too much like a woman's purse. I told him, worst case scenario, we send it back and find a better one. Since a lot of you say your husbands don't mind carrying it for you, I think we'll be fine. I can't wait for it to get here!

Soccer Princess
10-04-2007, 12:10 PM
What is the code for 10% off for SR members???

zoodoyle
10-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm a little worried that the description on the BagsBuy.com site clearly states "Women's" in regards to the messenger. To me, it looks pretty unisex, especially in the Khaki and Dark Olive colors. Luckily, DH isn't the type that really cares much, so long as it isn't vibrant pink with bows all over it or looking too much like a woman's purse. I told him, worst case scenario, we send it back and find a better one. Since a lot of you say your husbands don't mind carrying it for you, I think we'll be fine. I can't wait for it to get here!

I just bought the khaki one this week for our upcoming trip in 2 weeks. I'm hopeful that DH will think it is "manly" enough to not mind switching off with me! :sunshine2:

Soccer Princess
10-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have the pink one? Or even the red one? Do they get dirty easy? If so, is it easy to clean?

Also... is this bag waterproof at all? If it rains or we go on a water ride I would love it if my bag didn't get soaked :)

jnorth1007
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
I have the red one and I used it all of this past week in WDW. It is definitely waterproof. We were caught in downpours, rode Splash and got drenched on Kali River Rapids and the stuff inside never got wet at all. It cleans up easily and it holds up well. It worked very well for those rides where you had to store your stuff in a net thing, like Expedition Everest. I used the little zipper thing on the strap to hold my tickets and fast passes because it was right under my face all the time and easy to reach. I used the little velcro compartment on one side for my cell phone and it never went anywhere and didnt get wet. I used the net side for my bottle of water. GREAT bag and I will use it again in December.

Soccer Princess
10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Awesome -- that's what I wanted to hear! :) Did it get dirty easy?

jnorth1007
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
No mine looks as clean and new as it did when I bought it and I was rough on it this week. Well worth the money. DONT overload it though LOL. I did that the first day because it holds so much you want to just keep adding and by the late afternoon my back was killing me. I took the un-needed stuff out the next day and it was great the rest of the time. I also think that if I had a stoller I could have carried more because it wouldn't have been on my back the whole time.

Soccer Princess
10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks! Now I just have to decide between red and pink. I love the pink one, but we will be there at Christmastime so the red would be more festive for that and would match any x-mas decor in my pics. I'm such a dork lol... Any suggestions? :)

Soccer Princess
10-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I ordered the pink one and I got it yesterday! I really like it and I might even orderd another one in red since I couldn't decide. This way I could switch it with my outfits and the red one would be good for football games -- Go Cards! :)

ruledbymercury
10-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Just to update...DH absolutely LOVES his new Dark Olive messenger Baggallini! He doesn't think it looks feminine in the least. Now he'll be able to carry everything he needs (mostly camera stuff) comfortably and be able to stay organized when we go to the parks. We are both quite pleased with the purchase. Now I won't have to try to cram everything we want to take in my little Vera Bradley hipster!