PDA

View Full Version : I wish....

linanglab
09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I wish I was at MK right now. I have been in such a Disney mood lately. And we just had an 11 day vacation in July there! I would love to be riding Peter Pan right now. That is one of my favorite rides. Or Splash Mountain. Our family can't get enough of that one.....

Well, I am done imagining...for a couple minutes anyway. I may have to watch some of my Disney shows that I have DVRed. I miss the smells, the rides, the shops, the hotels, the sounds, the food, the weather, the fun, the....okay, I will turn on the TV now and quit bothering you all with my dreaming....

eaglesdare
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
lol

i would like to be there also. i am waiting on the april park hours to come out, so i know which parks i will be in to make all my reservations.

come on disney, put those april hours out!

LuvMyBoys
09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I just got back on Saturday and I'm already wishing that I was back again!! :)

So now I'm trying to figure out how to make sure I can take at least 2 trips back again next year!

Thank goodness for SR! :sunshine2:

bs4free
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I sometimes think it would be so great to live at disney! Its nice to take those moments to remember our trips and think about disney!

and DVRing Disney shows/Disney Parks... is great help!

Lisaj68
09-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Oooh! You are making me excited about my trip! You know, you go about your daily business and FORGET, well, just not have it on your mind, about the trip, and then I get all excited again thinking about going!!!

linanglab
09-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Oooh! You are making me excited about my trip! You know, you go about your daily business and FORGET, well, just not have it on your mind, about the trip, and then I get all excited again thinking about going!!!

Oh...you get to go during Christmas time! I would LOVE to go that time of year! How magical will that be! Hopefully someday I will be there at that time. I would love to see the decorations and be around all the festivities!

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 11:00 AM
I wish I was there too! The only things that get me through are planning the next trip, looking at my photos & talking to all of you! (Thanks to you that have read my TR! It's been fun & that's helped my Disney Blues too!) :mickey: :hugs:

Something I did this weekend was make Mickey shaped rice crispy treats! I even found some sprinkles that were Mickey heads! Maybe that will help?? Oooh and don't forget to wear your Minnie Mouse headband!! Put it on! It may help you w/the magic!! :p

linanglab
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I have been excercising while watching the travel channel shows. It makes the time go by a little faster. Maybe I should wear my ears while working out. My family would think I have lost it!

I was making homemade waffles yesterday. All I kept thinking about was the Mickey shaped ones....brings back memories to POR in the mornings...I need to get me that waffle maker!

Great report by the way! You looked like you had TOO much fun!

zoodoyle
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
I sometimes think it would be so great to live at disney! Its nice to take those moments to remember our trips and think about disney!

and DVRing Disney shows/Disney Parks... is great help!

When they were building AK, I had an opportunity to interview for an animal keeper position, and after considering it long and hard, I decided not to enter the process. If I had been offered the job I would have been very conflicted. The job/pay was super, but I thought working there may take away from the disney magic. I so look forward to our trips when they happen, that I thought it might ruin it by being there every day. But whenever we visit AK, I think about how it could've been me caring for those beautiful animals in those incredible exhibits........ :)

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I have been excercising while watching the travel channel shows. It makes the time go by a little faster. Maybe I should wear my ears while working out. My family would think I have lost it!

I was making homemade waffles yesterday. All I kept thinking about was the Mickey shaped ones....brings back memories to POR in the mornings...I need to get me that waffle maker!

Great report by the way! You looked like you had TOO much fun!

OMG! You TOTALLY have to wear your ears while working out, or having dinner or watching TV! I think you're family will enjoy them! Leaving the house w/them on...that MAY cause some unwanted stares!! :0)

I've posted this before, but some SuperTargets carry Mickey shaped frozen burgers! I'm thinking this weekend we'll be having those!!

And thank you, yes, we had a GREAT time on our trip!! Just sad it's over! I think have to change my counter on my siggie though...that makes me super sad to see that number go up!!

LuvMyBoys
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
OMG! You TOTALLY have to wear your ears while working out, or having dinner or watching TV! I think you're family will enjoy them! Leaving the house w/them on...that MAY cause some unwanted stares!! :0)

I've posted this before, but some SuperTargets carry Mickey shaped frozen burgers! I'm thinking this weekend we'll be having those!!

And thank you, yes, we had a GREAT time on our trip!! Just sad it's over! I think have to change my counter on my siggie though...that makes me super sad to see that number go up!!

Kroger carries the Mickey burgers and tons of other Disney foods. My kids love the packages of wheat flat breads in the shape of the castle.

Does your part of Ohio have Kroger?

I think we will be having a Disney themed dinner soon too, the boys and I are missing the magic!!

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Kroger carries the Mickey burgers and tons of other Disney foods. My kids love the packages of wheat flat breads in the shape of the castle.

Does your part of Ohio have Kroger?

I think we will be having a Disney themed dinner soon too, the boys and I are missing the magic!!

Ah man! MN doesn't have Krogers!! I'd love to see the wheat flat bread castles!! How very magical they must be!!

I tried to make Sticky Mickey's once (from Chef Mickeys) & they didn't turn out at all. I also tried to duplicate the BLT flatbread from Cali Grill & that didn't turn out either. I almost bought one of the cookbooks this time, but I didn't....

LuvMyBoys
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Ah man! MN doesn't have Krogers!! I'd love to see the wheat flat bread castles!! How very magical they must be!!

I tried to make Sticky Mickey's once (from Chef Mickeys) & they didn't turn out at all. I also tried to duplicate the BLT flatbread from Cali Grill & that didn't turn out either. I almost bought one of the cookbooks this time, but I didn't....

The flatbreads are cute and come in castle shape or Lightning McQueen shapes, and they're whole wheat (makes me happier). The kids think they are very cool. :)

I swear the Kroger's carry more Disney food products than you can imagine! Cereal, kool-aid, ice cream, waffles, frozen shrimp, string cheese, and on and on!!

The only Disney recipe that I have used with excellent results is the one I got for the Coral Reef's Chocolate Wave Cakes. I got it years ago from the Disney magazine that used to exist. It is amazing. :love:

wdwabby
09-26-2007, 01:51 PM
I wish I were there right now too ....

we've been back for almost 2 weeks now I guess, and it sucks! Doing my TR has helped, but once that's done I'll have nothing left to obsess over :(

I would love to go sit and listen to the Dapper Dans or spin myself silly on the teacups right now - even though we just had a potluck lunch at work and I'm stuff - I'd still totally go straight on teacups if it were a viable option!:rotfl:

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
The only Disney recipe that I have used with excellent results is the one I got for the Coral Reef's Chocolate Wave Cakes. I got it years ago from the Disney magazine that used to exist. It is amazing. :love:

Oooh...yeah, that's what we had for desserts at Coral Reef! They were sooooo good! I'd love the recipe if you don't mind writing it out??

That reminds me, I have an old cooking magazine that has some resorts recipes too. I should look at them tonight & post if anyone is interested. Do we have that thread anywhere yet?

"Need a Disney Fix...try the Disney Recipes thread"! :rotfl:

LuvMyBoys
09-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Oooh...yeah, that's what we had for desserts at Coral Reef! They were sooooo good! I'd love the recipe if you don't mind writing it out??

That reminds me, I have an old cooking magazine that has some resorts recipes too. I should look at them tonight & post if anyone is interested. Do we have that thread anywhere yet?

"Need a Disney Fix...try the Disney Recipes thread"! :rotfl:

Sounds like a good thread to me!! :)

I will get the recipe tonight at home and post it for you. I will warn you in advance though, it is the farthest thing from low-fat that you can imagine!! I honestly don't think I've ever made another recipe that I felt so guilty about.

They are my husband's favorite though so I always make them for his birthday. I eat 1, he eats all of the rest and manages to not gain a pound. Men!! :mad:

linanglab
09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
We have Krogers around here. Usually do not go there because it is a bit more expensive than Walmart of Aldi. BUT...I might have to go and get some a Disney food fix!

I am sorry everyone else is missing WDW. At least we can miss it together!

3dog2kidmom
09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
We have Krogers around here. Usually do not go there because it is a bit more expensive than Walmart of Aldi. BUT...I might have to go and get some a Disney food fix!

I am sorry everyone else is missing WDW. At least we can miss it together!

Missing WDW here, too! We have a trip planned in a few LONG months, though, so that helps -- but it's a Christmas surprise for the kids so I can't talk about it (much). I would be interested in the Disney fix recipe thread :) Does anyone know how to make "The Captain's Mai Tai" from the Poly pool bar?? That is the one that I would really like, LOL!

ligrumpygirl
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Missing Disney also...just looked up airfare for our April trip...3 seats (DS onlap) over $3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they nuts!?! It better come down soon!

Magical JenK
09-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Sounds like a good thread to me!! :)

I will get the recipe tonight at home and post it for you. I will warn you in advance though, it is the farthest thing from low-fat that you can imagine!! I honestly don't think I've ever made another recipe that I felt so guilty about.

They are my husband's favorite though so I always make them for his birthday. I eat 1, he eats all of the rest and manages to not gain a pound. Men!! :mad:

Ok, I started the thread in the Disney non-travel section! I have a few different desserts I can put on there. I'll be posting them separately!! :p

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3549

linanglab
09-27-2007, 07:37 AM
We are not planning on going for 2 years. My mom and dad and Sister and her family are going next July. I REALLY want to go with them. DH isn't too sold on it yet. But I have been secretly "pretending" I am going to see what my price would be, etc. How sad is that....

LuvMyBoys
09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok, I started the thread in the Disney non-travel section! I have a few different desserts I can put on there. I'll be posting them separately!! :p

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3549

Thanks Jen! Of course I forgot all about posting the recipe last night. I will get it done by Friday though. Now that the kids are back in school my nights are full of book reports, projects, practicing their speeches, etc. And they are only in 2nd and 6th grade!! :confused:

So I get my mail yesterday and there was a Kroger coupon booklet for me devoted entirely to the Disney food products!! Talk about knowing your market!! :rotfl:

Magical JenK
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
But I have been secretly "pretending" I am going to see what my price would be, etc. How sad is that....

I do the EXACT same thing! Every year I usually price out a bday weekend getaway for myself!! :rotfl: Knowing there's no way I could ever convince DH on going 3 months after we just went! That's sad!

I am also pricing out a dream trip for a girls weekend with two friends. I don't even know why I'm putting myself through that!! But maybe, just maybe!! :p

Sometimes pretending to go & pricing them out help with the Disney Blues too!!

linanglab
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I think it would be fun for DD and me to go. Just us girls. But DH and the boys would not go for that. Whether DH admits it or not, he likes WDW almost as much as me!

pbhall13
10-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Angela

You dream away....nothing wrong with that!

I am anxiously awaiting our trip in Nov (and the Big Cashout!)

I have been lucky this year to be getting ready for our 3rd trip (nov 06, may 07, nov 07). It is usually just my dd's and me along and in nov06 my girlfriend from Ireland came with us, in May 06 my sister and her son (only 8 months at time) came and in Nov 07 my exhusband is coming along for a 'family' trip (I know everyone thinks it is strange, but we all get along and it makes the girls happy!!) Because others have come with us it cuts down our expenses for staying (which we typically stay DVC rented points...so the way to go for the extra space) and SR always ends up paying my meal plan (a big thanks).

I really have Disney on the brain......and am so excited because I just rebooked my returning flight and got it for $39 .....our flight to orlando is only $54.............so that is a huge deal!!!

Now I am trying to figure out if all of the ADR's I have planned will work out and getting excited about our first MMVCP!!!!!

Now you have me in a disney-state- of -mind!!!!

YEAH>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pamela

linanglab
10-05-2007, 12:42 PM
That is so awesome you get to go once or twice a year! I will dream. Sometimes I look at all of the WDW sweepstakes and "pretend" I have won and figure out how much extra it would be to add 1 more person (we are a family of 5 and usually sweepstakes are for 4). It does help a little with the Disney fix. Half the fun is planning anyway!

Enjoy planning your upcoming trip! It is great that you and your exDH can get along - especially for the kids' sakes. I know TOO many divorced parents that don't get along and the kids suffer.

Make sure you do a trip report! I have been really into reading them lately! It is fun to "go to WDW" with others through their reports!

pbhall13
10-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I think I am going to do a trip report this time..........last year in Nov when we went I had planned on doing one, but then all 700+ of my photos got lost (I had put them on my parents computer because my brother borrowed my laptop while we were away and hadn't brought it back to me yet, and my parents computer crashed and there was no way to rescue them........and to boot, I had splurged for 2 nights at the Polynesian -- got a great rate'-- and we were complimentary upgraded to Concierge..........) I sort of lost my thunder for doing the report.

This trip I am going to promise myself that I will do one no matter what. I even bought myself a new digital camera for my birthday this summer so I cannot wait to see how these pictures come out!!

Have a great weekend...........I am off my cousins for our annual girl cousins only weekend up to Maine (we go to the Fryeburge Fair) and then over to North Conway,NH for some great outlet shopping!!!!!! We all do this to rejuvinate ourselves before the Holiday season starts!!

Pamela

ps...I know what you mean about how some divorced parents don't get along.we have been very lucky and I made a promise to myself that my girls come first and what is best for them is for us to ALL to be happy and part of that is for Bud (xdh) and I to get along. So far not bad at all!!