PDA

View Full Version : SunshineGirl/SunshineGuy - Techie Question

m 'n c
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I've had a few pm's and seen a few posts lately about people having issues with Greenfield and running spybot and ad aware. Would yall know what might be causing an issue? I have both programs and have updated them tonight and ran them and I haven't had an issue with the survey page but I'd hate to keep recommending these things around here if there is a known issue with the survey page. Any thoughts?

SunshineGirl
09-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I haven't heard anything so far at all and run some of that, too. I'll see if my Greenfield woman knows anything tomorrow.

jnorth1007
09-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Can you also ask if they are having an issue with credits being delayed and then all posting in one day? LOL It seems that people are reporting missing credits that are popping up a day later.

cglaura
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I've had a few pm's and seen a few posts lately about people having issues with Greenfield and running spybot and ad aware. Would yall know what might be causing an issue? I have both programs and have updated them tonight and ran them and I haven't had an issue with the survey page but I'd hate to keep recommending these things around here if there is a known issue with the survey page. Any thoughts?

I also use SpyBot and AdAware, also AVG SpyWare and for virus scan AVG Free. As long as I had the exceeded limit page I've always rec'd credit the next day or Monday for weekends.

I do not use the SpyBot teatimer though (continuous monitoring for malware).

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I also use SpyBot and AdAware, also AVG SpyWare and for virus scan AVG Free. As long as I had the exceeded limit page I've always rec'd credit the next day or Monday for weekends.

I do not use the SpyBot teatimer though (continuous monitoring for malware).

I think the problem people are having is not being able to even get to the surveys recently upon installing these. Just seems odd. I wonder if a new version came out?

cglaura
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I think the problem people are having is not being able to even get to the surveys recently upon installing these. Just seems odd. I wonder if a new version came out?

You know, I think AdAware does have a new version. I have SE 1.06r1

This is in the new 2007 version:

What's New in Ad-Aware 2007 Free?

Redesigned Engine - Benefit from superior program flexibility and more accurate scanning methods with all-new program architecture.

Improved Code Sequence Identification (CSI) Technology - Boost your privacy protection with precise detection of embedded malware, including known and emerging threats.

Incremental Definition File Updates - Save precious time and resources with smaller update files resulting in faster download times.

TrackSweep - Control privacy by erasing tracks left behind while surfing the Web on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera, with one easy click.

Multiple Browser Support - Choose Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera with expanded browser support.

New Straightforward User Interface - Effortlessly maneuver the complexities of malware detection and removal with our new user-friendly interface.

More Key Features

User-Controlled Spyware Removal - Decide for yourself what to delete from your system and what to keep.

Extensive Detection Database - Stay protected with regular updates from the extensive library of identified and analyzed spyware.

System Restore Point - Easily revert to your clean system to recover from a spyware attack.

SpyBot version I have is 1.4

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Hmm I'm running both of those versions on mine (2007 and 1.4) and haven't had a problem. hmm I"ll have to think more. Do you play with your settings at all? I know I had to with ccleaner but I havent' on these two yet.

jnorth1007
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
TrackSweep - Control privacy by erasing tracks left behind while surfing the Web on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera, with one easy click.

This was the one thing that popped out at me. I wonder if some have this enabled and it is erasing their tracks as they go? I don't think that would affect the survey page and not being able to get in but it would affect the ability to get credits.

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM

This was the one thing that popped out at me. I wonder if some have this enabled and it is erasing their tracks as they go? I don't think that would affect the survey page and not being able to get in but it would affect the ability to get credits.

What is that on Janet?

I just checked my cc settings since I played with that one. I did turn off the advanced items and recent documents. I also do not run the issues check that it allows you to do because I have really screwed some work related things up by doing that.

Just checked spybot I am on default mode. Apparently putting it on advanced without knowing what you are doing will mess things up. glad they warned me when I was checking around just now.

jnorth1007
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
That was listed up on the listing cglaura just made of the specs of the newest version of AdAware. Scroll up and read her posting

m 'n c
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
That was listed up on the listing cglaura just made of the specs of the newest version of AdAware. Scroll up and read her posting

oh ok. hmm still not sure what it could be since I'm running that version of adaware. I wonder if the issue is related to ad blocking?

cglaura
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
oh ok. hmm still not sure what it could be since I'm running that version of adaware. I wonder if the issue is related to ad blocking?

That's what I though at first. When I had norton I had a problem w/ viewing ads. For example, none of the banners in forum signatures showed up. I had to manually choose "Display Ads" or something like that from the Nortor bar on my browser.

But, if they can see the green Greenfield box, I'm not sure that that could be it.

ETA: Could it at all be an XP vs. Vista thing. I have XP. Also, anyone on a MAC having issues?

m 'n c
09-28-2007, 09:00 AM
That's what I though at first. When I had norton I had a problem w/ viewing ads. For example, none of the banners in forum signatures showed up. I had to manually choose "Display Ads" or something like that from the Nortor bar on my browser.

But, if they can see the green Greenfield box, I'm not sure that that could be it.

ETA: Could it at all be an XP vs. Vista thing. I have XP. Also, anyone on a MAC having issues?

I think with the help of LauraLea that its a spybot issue. She's on XP and once she uninstalled spybot she was ok.