PDA

View Full Version : New Contest: Review a Merchant

SunshineGirl
12-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Still cleaning out Cindy's prize closet! Here's today's way to win...

Everyone loves reading merchant reviews before they decide where to make purchases. Help out the other members by reviewing an SR merchant that you have shopped through. Simply go to the merchant page on SR and there will be a place that you can click to leave a review. That will then open up to a forum thread where you can leave your review. Reviews will then update on the SR merchant pages about once a day.

You can enter as many times as you like between now and midnight. Reviews must be new today but purchases can be from whenever. Just be sure that you are leaving good, legitimate reviews because we will delete ones that are not helpful (like "Really good merchant" or "Like this place").

OhMari
12-14-2009, 10:24 AM
:) Sorry.

SunshineGirl
12-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Sorry!! I should clarify. You MUST leave the merchant review today. It can't be old ones. Sorry about that!

~Kathie
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Do we post here when we made a review or will you "just know"???

SunshineGirl
12-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Do we post here when we made a review or will you "just know"???

I'll know because they will pop up in the forum. But feel free to copy and paste them into this thread as well just so that everyone can see what everyone else is writing.

Hedy
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
DeepDiscount had the items I wanted at a discount, but their service rates a big meh from me. I ordered 3 items on 12/2-by the time the first item shipped on 12/5, books which were in stock were mysteriously backordered. Fortuitously, the books shipped last week, BUT I got the item which shipped on 12/5. I ordered a New York Times travel guide. I got a kiddie board game in the mail on Saturday. While the woman I spoke with was able to help me, I do not think I will order from them going forward.

I recently made my first order from Sur La Table. The item was reasonably prices, shipping and credit were fast. I would use them again, especially after seeing some of the more unique gifts they have to offer, such as herb wreathes.

I love Sephora! They have great products, great promotions, and a great rewards program-the Beauty Insider Program. Once I did not get an item (gift satchel) I ordered-one call to Sepora and I had a credit for it on my Sephora.com account likethat.

m 'n c
12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Philosophy.com
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282361&postcount=3

m 'n c
12-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Personal Creations
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282365&postcount=2

secretmoney
12-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I recently ordered a hard to find in stock toy chest for my grandson. Not only was it less expensive than major toy retailers, they offer 9.99 flat rate shipping. This shipping was less than half the price of others. The best part was when I received the toybox less than 48 hours from the time I ordered it!

nicholfamily5
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
posted for ThinkGeek and Toobeez!

bbangel
12-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I posted for 1-800-FLORALS and for Bookcloseouts.com

Most of the merchants I use on a regular basis I have already reviewed.

m 'n c
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Posterbrains!
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282402&postcount=2

dwkay8
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
This is a great idea! I take seriously reviews from fellow SR members before I order from merchants I'm unfamiliar with.

m 'n c
12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Priceline
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282408&postcount=4

m 'n c
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Starbucks!
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282423&postcount=2

m 'n c
12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
The Knot Shop!
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282427&postcount=2

MdCaterer
12-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Chefs:

I have already placed two orders with Chef's this holiday season and will most likely add one more tonight. They have a large selection of wonderful kitchenware and some very cool new gadgets. Like a new beater for the kitchen aid mixers that has a rubber gasket around the blades to scrape the bowls more efficiently and make mixing time quicker! They also have some new pads you can purchase to put on the edges of your oven racks to prevent burning your arms!!! Very cool because I am always burning myself on hot oven racks. My last order with free shipping arrived withn a week!!

Batteries.com:

This is a great place to get batteries at a decent price. I like to order their rechargable batteries as they tend to last fairly long. They also had a great price on cordless phone batteries I needed and was having trouble finding. Their service is quick and efficient. If you are having trouble finding the right battery use their live help it is great!

Vista Print:

I am very impressed with the quick service of Vista Print. I too only pay for slow shipping and some items have arrived in a few days! I have never had to wait very long for an order. I love the wall calendars and give them every year as a gift to my son's friends filled with pictures of the activites we have all done together over the course of the year. They serve as a wonderful reminder of fun times!! I have also received the free business cards, they are impressive as are the free tote bag and t-shirts. I can recommend Vista print to anyone. I will say to watch you don't sign up for anything extra at the end of your order. They offer a fair amount of specials to add to your order and they also offer that $10 off which signs you up for some monthly credit card charge, but if you are aware and just decline it is no biggie!

OhMari
12-14-2009, 06:38 PM
I love the Finish Line Store. http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?p=282431#post282431
You can go into any mall in America and try on the shoes,
but don't buy them there.
Go home and order them through Sunshine Rewards and Tricia gives you 3%.
Plus there is always a coupon up, and free shipping.
I just ordered 2 pairs and if I don't like them, they send me a return sticker to send them back free.

Finish Line is mostly athletic shoes, and athletic clothing and some casual boots and shoes. This was my second time I ordered from the Finish Line.

So, I got 3% back
A coupon for $10 off an order of $60 or more
Free shipping and Bill Me Later gave me $5.00 off my order if I paid my order through their service.

mmm611
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Starbucks!
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=282423&postcount=2

Thanks for the Starbucks review! Did you get SR credits for the gift card? I love their carmel syrup and have it in my coffee on the weekends. I LOVE that I can order it online now (it's a pain asking in store).

spring
12-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I am totally sold on Amazon. On Thanksgiving day, I was able to get some key Christmas gifts at prices I would have had to stand in line for on Black Friday! They have my business.

lkat
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
This is great! I also really like to see other SR member reviews of sites before I shop through them. I usually try to keep up with writing reviews after I shop, but have missed doing quite a few this month. So this was my incentive to catch up!

spring
12-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I researched multiple travel sites yesterday to find the best deal on a two night stay within our just outside of WDW Jan 30th and 31st. Orbitz topped them all, with a two night stay at Pop Century for only $138.xx total, including taxes and fees! We just wanted a place to stay from which we could explore DTD and Boardwalk, prior to a more formal WDW stay with tickets and dining. Oh, did I mention that my credit is already pending?

dismom
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
As my very first online purchase through Sunshine Rewards, the Home Depot e-gift card worked pretty smoothly. Inputing the info for the purchase was not difficult. The only little snag was the time it took to receive the e-gift certificate. It was probably because I expected to print it immediately. It did take a couple of hours before it was available to print. Planning ahead is always wise. Next time I will know to "buy" it the day before.

I was able to use the whole gift certificate at our local Home Depot without any problem. And the bonus was receiving credit for this at Sunshine Rewards too!

Thank you, Sunshine Rewards, for the extra $!

~Kathie
12-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Harry & David

I always have difficulty trying to decide what to get for the family members who have everything. Until I discovered Harry & David. They have wonderful gift baskets consisting of fruit, nuts, chocolates, cheese, crackers, flowers, jams, and their famous Moose Munch. I always find the perfect gift.

If you can't decide on which gift to order a gift certificate will do the trick and you will get cash back. The items arrive on schedule and in perfect condition and the recipients have loved them. I love Harry & David.

Pooh's Pal
12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, there are so many wonderful merchants here on SR, but I have to say that I just had a wonderful experience with Vista Print.

I ordered some Holiday cards for my business I ordered on the 11th and they were in my mailbox on Monday!! Unbelievable! And they are soooo cute too!

Thanks SR for introducing me to Vista Print!

bbangel
12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Did we have a winner on this contest?

OhMari
12-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Bump to see if a winner was chosen yet.

SunshineGirl
12-16-2009, 07:11 PM
This one was a little harder to choose a winner because they are all spread out. LOL But SG will run me a report tonight when he gets home from work so I can choose.

SunshineGirl
12-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Got one!

M 'n C finally won a forum contest! For her review of The Knot Wedding Shop. File a trouble ticket just to let Cindy know in case she doesn't read this thread. :)

~Kathie
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Cate!

m 'n c
12-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Yay! Thanks! I can't wait to see what Cindy sends in my direction.