PDA

View Full Version : Thanks SR for a great Disney Trip

faithhope
12-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I just got back from Disney...and I wanted to thank SR and all my forum friends that help keep me motivated for a special trip.

I use my gift cards for food and trinkets.

It meant a special date day for just hubby and I eating and drinking around Epcot "world" ... it means I don't freak out about how expensive the drinks and food can be.

It meant a special lunch for us all at Crystal Palace for my "baby's" 9th birthday.

It meant all meals for 3 days for the family, plus treats and drinks...
My kids learned they liked churrios and eggrolls.

I didn't hold back...if anyone in the group said they wanted something, I just whipped out a gift card... and I still have part of one card left over for next year.

SunshineGirl
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
That is so great to hear. I love seeing stories like this!!

PSL1013
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I just got back from Disney...and I wanted to thank SR and all my forum friends that help keep me motivated for a special trip.

I use my gift cards for food and trinkets.

It meant a special date day for just hubby and I eating and drinking around Epcot "world" ... it means I don't freak out about how expensive the drinks and food can be.

It meant a special lunch for us all at Crystal Palace for my "baby's" 9th birthday.

It meant all meals for 3 days for the family, plus treats and drinks...
My kids learned they liked churrios and eggrolls.

I didn't hold back...if anyone in the group said they wanted something, I just whipped out a gift card... and I still have part of one card left over for next year.

I always love spending my SR gift cards....almost feels like Monopoly money to me! I took $1000 with me and brought nothing back home! :eek: Even splurged on three different occasions at the Mexican Tequilla Bar and those drinks are $15 a clip! Yeah, it's just play money!!! :rotfl:

spring
12-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! I paid for my entire Disney Cruise a few months ago with Disney GC I earned on SR. My travel agent told me I was a first for her. I just paid off the balance on my mini WDW trip for this coming February partially with Disney GC's. As I was pulling them out, one by one, the travel agent wanted to know what else I had in my purse, lol.:rotfl: (Of course, that's when I pulled out my $100 Visa GC I had gotten as a rebate for my mobile phone purchase. I thought her teeth were going to drop out of her mouth.) :D I also am waiting on another Disney GC to use for "what nots." Life is good, and yes, it does feel like funny money!

wilsonfamily4
12-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I just got back from Disney....

So when are you starting you trip report. :) ;):rotfl:

bbangel
12-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Isn't it great when you can have the extras without worry?

On my recent trip to DL I paid for a holiday tour for me and mom and most of our food with my SR gift cards. They definately spread the sunshine every trip! :sunshine:

m 'n c
12-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Way to go! I love hearing stories like yours Faith.

askomsky
12-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome back and I agree with everyone else.... I LOVE hearing stories like this and agree SR is SOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!