PDA

View Full Version : Still trying to figure things out here

beanjean
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
What do I need to avoid so that I am not charged for something that I sign up on. I am trying to avoid being billed for something that I accidentally signed up on. Do we have to worry about that? Anyone ever get billed for something they haven't ordered? I figure I can play it safe and just do paid clicks and scratchoffs. Anything else to play it safe? Hope I am not too confusing.

beanjean
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
First mistake! I think I just signed up for Disney movie subscription. I was doing the hillary clinton for president click and thought I clicked no for everything but as I was hitting skip I saw one said yes but it was too late. I had already hit skip and it submitted my info. I guess I can just cancel after I get my bill. I hope. I will have to be more careful.

jnorth1007
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
For all of those offers if you hit yes then it takes you to the next screen where you must enter your information and hit submit. If you had signed up it would have taken you to the next page which would have been for DMC and would've asked you for more information. Just be sure you are hitting No and you will be fine but for the most part I have always been asked for more info when I have accidently or purposely hit yes. HTH! Make sure you go to the Meber Q & A section of the forum and read all of the posts and stickys there. It will give you so much information that it is good to have before you start.

beanjean
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
It didn't ask for more information after I hit yes it just said congratulations, etc., however, it did ask for my information at the beginning before all the other stuff kept popping up. If I hadn't hit yes to at least 1 offer I think I would still be there clicking all those no offers.

m 'n c
09-28-2007, 01:06 PM
First mistake! I think I just signed up for Disney movie subscription. I was doing the hillary clinton for president click and thought I clicked no for everything but as I was hitting skip I saw one said yes but it was too late. I had already hit skip and it submitted my info. I guess I can just cancel after I get my bill. I hope. I will have to be more careful.

I think if you hit skip it will automatically change to no for the above offers or at least that has been the case when I have done these offers.

For all of those offers if you hit yes then it takes you to the next screen where you must enter your information and hit submit. If you had signed up it would have taken you to the next page which would have been for DMC and would've asked you for more information. Just be sure you are hitting No and you will be fine but for the most part I have always been asked for more info when I have accidently or purposely hit yes. HTH! Make sure you go to the Meber Q & A section of the forum and read all of the posts and stickys there. It will give you so much information that it is good to have before you start.

Good points janet. I definetly agree that if its relating to something where you are going to have to pay for something that they will bring you to a new screen and ask for more information such as a credit card. I think the only case where that has been untrue has been with things like a free trial for readers digest that has shown up mysteriously at a few members houses but by calling the phone number in the magazine it has been cancelled.

If you ever get an offer that states you must click yes to at least one offer go through the list and look for something that is an email sign up like a monthly newsletter from Centrium (that one has been showing up a lot lately) so that way you don't have to worry.

beanjean
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
So do you think because I hit skip at the bottom of the page that it didn't actually sign me up. I hope so. These things can be tricky!

m 'n c
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
It didn't ask for more information after I hit yes it just said congratulations, etc., however, it did ask for my information at the beginning before all the other stuff kept popping up. If I hadn't hit yes to at least 1 offer I think I would still be there clicking all those no offers.

in most cases if you say no you normally just have about 10 screens (yes that sounds like a lot but isn't really too bad they are just trying to wear you down but don't go for it.) to go through and say no to and it will end. If they say you must click on an offer then follow the advice in my previous post.

beanjean
09-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Okay, thanks. I am determined to learn this. I just hope it doesn't cost me a fortune by signing up for stuff that I didn't know I was signing up for. LOL.