PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays at the parks ???

aknight373
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
hey guys when you check into your hotel, or make your reservations do you tell them about your birthdays ? Last year we were in vegas on my birthday and i told them and they gave us a free upgraded room ??

in disney i was just wondering if there was a ribbion or something they give you ..... ohohohoh do they have mickey ears with the birthday on them to buy ?

bs4free
09-28-2007, 04:27 PM
go to guest relations at any park or downtown disney and they will give you a button with your name on it that says happy birthday!

DisneyMa
09-28-2007, 04:37 PM
If you are staying at one of the resort hotels (I can only speak for Disneyland) tell them there is a birthday in your group. You will get a birthday button and sometimes balloons or an autographed pic.

If you are not staying on property. Go to Guest Services/City Hall (like Bryan said) and request a birthday sticker.

Have fun and happy birthday at Disney!!!

aknight373
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
woohoo!!! we are staying on site thanks so much guys

SunshineGirl
09-28-2007, 04:40 PM
We've spent many a bday in Disney and always tell EVERYONE! Jillian got an autographed picture of Minnie in our room one year. Multiple places brought the girls some kind of special cupcake and confetti. Crystal Palace used to bring a card signed by all of the Pooh characters. And just wearing the button that you can get on Main Street gets you lots of extra attention. :)

bbangel
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Tell them at check in and for any table service meals. They may do nothing, but you may get a small dessert or just a happy birthday.
You can get the button at check in or any guest services. When you wear it lots of people will wish you happy birthday.

If you are really lucky you may get special treats or balloons in your room, but nothing is guarenteed.

cglaura
09-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Here's a question...

My dd b-day is February 14th. Our trip this December is her "Sweet 16" gift. We decided to go this time of year b/c we love the decorations. I made an ADR for The Garden Grille (her fav) to be her b-day dinner (where I was going to give her the Disney GC for spending money). Now this is more a a morals question...should I get her the pin, since we are celebrating her b-day to wear that day, even though it really isn't her b-day? Part of me says it's ok, since that is the purpose of our trip, and we won't be there for her actualy b-day. But then part of me feels like a liar :(

I don't mean to hijack this thread onto a different topic, but it was sort of related. So let me know to move it or something!

spring
09-28-2007, 05:41 PM
hey guys when you check into your hotel, or make your reservations do you tell them about your birthdays ? Last year we were in vegas on my birthday and i told them and they gave us a free upgraded room ??

in disney i was just wondering if there was a ribbion or something they give you ..... ohohohoh do they have mickey ears with the birthday on them to buy ?

One time we went for my son-in-law's birthday. My daughter told the cast member when she was booking the dining in advance and the cast member arranged for a special dessert at dinner that night. Actually, the cast member went overboard and arranged it for EVERY restaurant during our stay.

Another time, we went on my DH's birthday. I called the Disney Resort we were staying at ahead of time and they provided a beautiful birthday cake for our room. However, there is a charge for that, I think about $35. We had six in our group, so we made short work of it.:sunshine:

eaglesdare
09-28-2007, 07:11 PM
i see everyone beat me to it.

yes you can get a pin upon checkin. i would also note on the reservations that it is your birthday. i did this for my son, and he got balloons, and a card with a photo of the fab 5 with their autographs and a magic moment certificate. now the real surprise came when i got a card with a magic moment for that month being my birthday also (which i did not tell them).

my son got lots and lots of happy birthdays all day and an extra chocolate cake at a counter service meal. it really is worth telling them on the ressies plus get the pin.

m 'n c
09-30-2007, 11:11 AM
I did this last year. We happened to be going the day of my b-day so when we made the ressies it asks if its anyone's b-day so of course I said mine and I did get balloons during our stay along with Minnie's autograph. As far as ADRs go the girl explained to me that it is your b-day the entire trip per WDW so even though we did not go to dinner on my actual b-day she made a note at every adr that it was my b-day that week and a few places did the b-day cupcake and others did nothing. It was no big deal if they didn't do anything.

cglaura- as far as your "morals" question goes if that is the only time you can go I don't see anything wrong with wearing the pin that one day for her b-day meal. I probably wouldn't wear it the whole trip and tell ever ADR but I don't see anything wrong with it that one day. Now over on the DIS you will probably get another opinion...

cglaura
09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
... cglaura- as far as your "morals" question goes if that is the only time you can go I don't see anything wrong with wearing the pin that one day for her b-day meal. I probably wouldn't wear it the whole trip and tell ever ADR but I don't see anything wrong with it that one day. Now over on the DIS you will probably get another opinion...

That's what I was thinking too. However, I was looking at a page w/ all the buttons you could get, B-day, Anniversary, etc., and she walked by and said, "You're not going to make me wear that are you?!?" so, I guess that solves my problem :rotfl:

I think I will just arrange for a cake or something at the Garden Grille so I can surprise her with something. This whole trip was supposed to be a surprise only to be told a few days before we leave, but I wound up telling her to defray the aftermath of a really bad weekend this summer, to give her something to look forward to. Thanks for the advice, and I've learned my lesson on what to post over there :)

m 'n c
09-30-2007, 02:48 PM
That's what I was thinking too. However, I was looking at a page w/ all the buttons you could get, B-day, Anniversary, etc., and she walked by and said, "You're not going to make me wear that are you?!?" so, I guess that solves my problem :rotfl:

I think I will just arrange for a cake or something at the Garden Grille so I can surprise her with something. This whole trip was supposed to be a surprise only to be told a few days before we leave, but I wound up telling her to defray the aftermath of a really bad weekend this summer, to give her something to look forward to. Thanks for the advice, and I've learned my lesson on what to post over there :)

ahh the teen years. I went through a phase where I hated WDW and it was only because I was being a butt to my family who wanted to go during Mardi Gras Week whereas I just wanted to stay home. We went and I had a fine time and now look at me :rotfl:

Get the button when you get there. She might change her mind. Plus the Epcot one is kinda cool looking.

cglaura
09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
ahh the teen years. I went through a phase where I hated WDW and it was only because I was being a butt to my family who wanted to go during Mardi Gras Week whereas I just wanted to stay home. We went and I had a fine time and now look at me :rotfl:

Get the button when you get there. She might change her mind. Plus the Epcot one is kinda cool looking.

Well the good thing is she absolutely LOVES it there, and EPCOT, Japan in particular is her 2nd fave (MK of course the 1st). She wants to be a Manga artist, hence her love of Japan. She just doesn't like alot of people doting on her. I really got her by saying "Yes, and you have to wear a blinged out princess crown too!". She shops at Hot Topic and her fave group is My Chemical Romance and Gorrilaz if that gives you any clue! But, she gets straight A's, never gives me any lip, is always on time, helps with housework w/out being asked...if all I have to worry about is baggy clothes and some blue streaks in her hair I'll take it! :rotfl:

I will grab a pin though, if anything a nice souvenir. Good idea!

aknight373
09-30-2007, 03:59 PM
That's what I was thinking too. However, I was looking at a page w/ all the buttons you could get, B-day, Anniversary, etc.,

Where did you see that at ?

cglaura
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I found images / info on pins here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/celebration-buttons.htm