PDA

View Full Version : So, whats left to do?

sunshinecindy
12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
What do you have left to buy or do before Christmas? Maybe we can help eachother out with suggestions or ideas that we have to make this last hectic week tolerable.

I'm pretty much down to wrapping presents and having to still go shopping and pick up a gift card. Normally I would be all done, but I got really behind this year. Also, need to get together my Christmas Eve menu and supplies.

How about all of you?

SunshineGirl
12-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Need to order the Honeybaked Ham for Christmas. With just the 4 of us, we're going to try to do the boneless one.

I got all of my cookie supplies but haven't made ANY yet! I was waiting until the girls were out of school so that we can do them together.

I have about 7 gifts still coming from Amazon today and tomorrow that need wrapped.

I think that may actually be it!! Oh...the peanuts, oranges, and apples for the stockings (a tradition in SG's family). But I'll probably just have him pick those up.

disney_girl
12-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Let's see....we sent a huge batch of goodies to work with DH this morning, but we need to finish some cookies. I am braving Walmart in a few minutes to finish stocking stuffers and get groceries for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day food. We'll have family over Christmas Eve, but Christmas Day is just the 4 of us. I also have a few things I'm still waiting on from Amazon and Disney Store that need to be wrapped. The last 2 years, I was completely done by now, but I'll get there.

~Kathie
12-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm doing ok. I think I am on track. The house is finally decorated, except for a few odds and ends (that I can't find :rotfl:). I have the menu for Christmas Day (inlaws for breakfast and family party with 35 people at night) planned and I placed my catering order from the restaurant. THAT was convienent. :D

Everything is wrapped, the wrapping paper is put away and I am done shopping......for now. :D

I need to put together a menu for Christmas Eve. It will most likely be fish of some kind. I am heading out today to get pointsetias at Home Depot, make a market run and BJ's.

I can't start cooking until Wednesday. Wish you cookie making gals lived closer. Steve usually does the cookie baking but this year he has to be at the restaurant, because we are so busy. We have a bazillion catering orders.....so that's a good thing. He left at 6 this morning and probably won't be home until 8 tonight. Ahhhhhhhh.............the life of a restaurateur.

Hope everyone has a great week and all the packages come.

dwkay8
12-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Shopping wise, I only have lottery tickets left to buy for stocking stuffers. I wrapped our doggies' last present last night.

Today I'm printing and binding calendars I made for my mom, mother in law, and niece. Then I'll just have to wrap two and mail the other.

This morning I bought cider from the orchard across the street from my work. We'll have that warmed up for Christmas Eve with my parents. Tonight I'm making persimmon pudding for our office pitch in Wednesday. Then tomorrow I'll make the veggie pizza for the pitch in too.

Other than that, everything else is in someone else's hands!

Can't wait for a nice holiday weekend and getting to see all my relatives. Hope everyone else has a wonderful, cozy time!

PSL1013
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I've been done for awhile...just need to wrap them. We go to our families house for xmas eve and this year xmas day too, just need to find out what they want me to bring. I found a Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix this year that I'm planning on making xmas decorated cupcakes to bring, other than that...I'm on my computer trying to finish my surveys for the day...two down, one to go! :D

lorisnuts
12-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Today...Make the 2 hour round trip to go see new baby niece that was born on Saturday. One last amazon order arriving today that will need wrapped. stop at party store get information about helium tank rental for end of january (work project). find 700 pink and blue balloons (does my boss realize its christmas?)

Tuesday...only day of work before christmas, trip to grocery for christmas breakfast
Wednesday...clean house, get out the christmas dishes and clean them
Thursday...bake pies, desserts, prepare guest room for mother and niece, attend Christmas eve service, after church order pizza and watch polar express, stay up late to put out santa presents. (daughter never gets to sleep before midnight on christmas eve)

I feel like I need an assistant this week!!!

kimntrent
12-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Wish I could say I am done. But not really. Closer but still not done. I have several orders still out there that need to be received that have promised but..... I have several pending too. Office depot, drugstore, and starbucks (that cash back on gift cards, didn't happen, TT had to be filed) I need to go grocery shopping and I need to wrap the rest of stuff. I have Target coming, pictures coming, gift cards coming, gift cards to get, doggies to get. It is still crazy for baby's first christmas. But it is all doable if I just do it.

m 'n c
12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I have errands I need to run but I don't want to deal with the holiday traffic. Let's see - I need to hit up an outlet mall to make returns to BR and Gap outlets, the mall to get my eyebrows threaded, find an Aerosoles to return shoes bought online, go to Anthropologie (2 stores to split up the returns - so embarassing) to make returns, and then the library to return 3 books. The traffic is killing me and I just don't feel like dealing with anyone today. I'm taking a short break after returning from getting my car worked on and I might venture to the library and post office this afternoon.

So in short, I need some patience and someone to help run errands with me. :)

wilsonfamily4
12-21-2009, 03:55 PM
I just finished some grocery shopping. In a few hours I am running Christmas dinner supplies and other groceries to a family I adopted for Christmas. I think this is really good for the kids to see. They can imagine people not having money for toys but just assume everyone has enough money to eat.

Tomorrow I will start to work on Christmas Eve food.

Kids have a craft or two a day to do so when they are busy on those I will be trying to clean the house before my parents come for Christmas Eve night.

But I am feeling good. Just a few things to come in the mail. A shirt from Old Navy will have to have a Star Wars iron on put on for my boy. I also need to get some lottery tickets for the stockings.

ANd I am so glad that dwkay8 mentioned cider because I had forgotten I wanted to go to our local place and grab some.

Feeling good but come Wednesday I may be more stressed.

OhMari
12-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Can someone give me absolution so I don't have to go to church on christmas eve. I know it is such a huge "reason for the season", but I get all stressed out going an hour early, just to get a seat in the basement of church.
Ok, I feel better now.

wilsonfamily4
12-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Can someone give me absolution so I don't have to go to church on christmas eve. I know it is such a huge "reason for the season", but I get all stressed out going an hour early, just to get a seat in the basement of church.
Ok, I feel better now.

I go to church every Sunday. I believe whole heartly that Jesus is the reason for the season BUT we are not going to Christmas Eve service. :) I hate squeazing in with a bunch of people and feeling the pressure for my kids to be good while holding candles. We are having my parents up for the night and they will open the family gift. We will eat and play puzzles. We will do a birthday cake for baby Jesus. I am excited to not feel stressed about going to a church service.

Blessing and Miracle
12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I have a lot to do. :o I don't have any wrapping paper. I'm still waiting on packages. I just told DH last night that I need to see exactly what I'm waiting on because the Winter storm just might affect the arrival.

I ordered a Flip Camera last night with 2 day express so hopefully that will show up tomorrow. Kinda excited about that. This is for me. LOL.

I've gotta pick up a few gift cards for the older kiddos. So I have a bit to do still. I'm normally completely finished. Gifts wrapped and just having daily family parties at this point, but.....

Anyway, I'm gonna get my list of (need to do) together today and hopefully complete the items at task by tomorrow.

I also need some party food suggestions. So you all post some good ones. LOL.

OhMari
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I go to church every Sunday. I believe whole heartly that Jesus is the reason for the season BUT we are not going to Christmas Eve service. :) I hate squeazing in with a bunch of people and feeling the pressure for my kids to be good while holding candles. We are having my parents up for the night and they will open the family gift. We will eat and play puzzles. We will do a birthday cake for baby Jesus. I am excited to not feel stressed about going to a church service.

IKWYM.
I think I am just going to get up in the morning, because all my kids (20 somethings, youngest is 19 sleep in anyways. I can breeze in 5 minutes before Mass and not stress. I'll stay home while they all go.

speechteachri
12-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Let's see...I picked up the last of the gifts for my mom and dad today...whew...they were hard! I still have one gift left to get, and I need to take a ride into the city to do that...maybe tomorrow after my dentist appt. DH still has a gift to buy, and I don't think he has any ideas. I still have lots of cleaning to do, but that will probably wait till Thursday during the day. About 2/3 of my wrapping is done, which is really a plus for me because I hate to wrap, and usually wait till Christmas eve to do it all! YUCK...not this year.:) I have to pick up some cinnamon rolls to make for dd for Christmas b-fast, along with some juice and eggs. Also I have to make another batch of chocolate dipped pretzels, because I underestimated how many I would need.

When I write it all out, it looks like I still have a lot to do, but actually, I feel like I am on top of things this year...yesterday's snowstorm helped, because it forced me to do things here, instead of running here and there like I would on a typical Sunday!

arob414
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Wrapping, have done nothing. Baking, have the supplies, haven't started. Some cooking, not alot, though. Mom does the big stuff. Need to take the girls out to shop, if I am going to get anything. I work, tomorrow. So, tomorrow evening and Wed we have to really hit the floor running. We do Christmas on Christmas Eve (with the sister's HUGE family and my mom), I have to work Christmas so we will open gifts EARLY. Oh, need to program coffee maker for EARLY Christmas morning. Do I have video, better check on that. Probably really need to make a list so I don't forget to do something.

3dog2kidmom
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Ok, I feel better now.

Here you go... our church is not even having Christmas Eve! They have many services worth of the special Christmas program, and then take Christmas Eve off. I would say that gives us permission to take it off too :p

3dog2kidmom
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
What do you have left to buy or do before Christmas? Maybe we can help eachother out with suggestions or ideas that we have to make this last hectic week tolerable.

I'm pretty much down to wrapping presents and having to still go shopping and pick up a gift card. Normally I would be all done, but I got really behind this year. Also, need to get together my Christmas Eve menu and supplies.

How about all of you?

I am done shopping, gifts have been exchanged with boss, co-workers, and extended family, and the kids' gifts are packed. All that's left for me to do is finish laundry and pack for Disney!!

wilsonfamily4
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I am done shopping, gifts have been exchanged with boss, co-workers, and extended family, and the kids' gifts are packed. All that's left for me to do is finish laundry and pack for Disney!!

OOOOOO, I wish I was in your shoes!! Actually I have been feeling a bit sad because this time last year we we packing for our trip January 1! Almost a year. It is nice not to be stressed with both this year but I would gladly take the stress if it meant I was going to Disney again.

HAVE FUN and come back ready to do a TR!!

Hedy
12-21-2009, 10:19 PM

Shelly-do the kids know yet?
I need to cook (my samosa pie, nuts for gifts for my co-workers, bake cookies for Mordie and my clients). I also need to put up stockings, other holiday decorations. Oscar and I have wrapped our presents. I also need to double check all gifts are in the necessary piles (Xmas eve, Xmas am, Xmas at the boys). Oh, and Santina and Mrs. Claus need to have a chat over some items for the boys' stockings.

m 'n c
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok, I feel better now.

My coworker and I talk about religion every now and then because I find her so interesting (she's Mormon and I'm a nonpracticing Catholic) and she was telling me that in her church they don't do Christmas services on Christmas day but rather the weekend before so that you can spend Christmas day with your family. I was surprised but it made sense to me.

~Kathie
12-22-2009, 01:15 AM
IKWYM.
I think I am just going to get up in the morning, because all my kids (20 somethings, youngest is 19 sleep in anyways. I can breeze in 5 minutes before Mass and not stress. I'll stay home while they all go.

We decided to go to mass Christmas morning this year. The restaurant is open until 3 on Christmas Eve and I can guarantee that there will be people banging on the door at 3:30 because they forgot we were closing early and they didn't pick up their catering order. DH usually runs in the door at 4:30, takes a shower and we just make it to mass at 5. Such stress. :(

My inlaws were supposed to come from upstate NY on Christmas Eve but they called today and they are not coming. They may come Christmas Day...but that is up in the air. Christmas Eve my DD will be visiting her BF's parents in CT, and my son will be wrapping his kids presents so it will just be DH and I until Christmas night.