PDA

View Full Version : Tricia or Cindy, could get American Girl?

spring
09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I would love to be able to buy my granddaughters their American Girl dolls and accessories through SR. Any chance they have an affiliate? I'm not computer savvy enough to check for myself. Thanks!

Candi
09-29-2007, 11:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing. My daughter wants one and I know Wilsonfamilyof4's daughter is saving for one.

SunshineGirl
09-30-2007, 12:02 AM
They don't have a program so far. :(

mjjmbnmm
09-30-2007, 12:11 AM
that's to bad, with 2 daughters, I buy alot of stuff from them, it would be nice to get money back.

Jenny_b
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
You could check to see if they have an outlet store somewhere in your state. It may be worth the drive! They have one that isn't too far from us. They don't sell the actual dolls at our outlet; just clothes and accessories (and girl's clothes). We went there last spring and I was able to buy several really nice things for my daughter's doll for very little (half-price or less).

m 'n c
10-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe yall could find something semi-cheap on ebay? I know ebay is a crapshoot but you might be able to find something and get some SR money back.

Jenny_b
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Actually, eBay isn't a bad idea! There are alot of people selling AG stuff second hand out there (some new too), but there are also people who sell clothes to fit AG dolls. I bought a beautiful Easter outfit with shoes to match for my daughter's doll (she got it in her Easter basket last year) for only $15 on eBay. It was handmade, but looked like authentic AG stuff. My daughter never even questioned it. Actually, I think it was nicer than some of the authentic stuff we have purchased! I'll see if I can find that person's eBay ID.

Jenny_b
10-02-2007, 11:09 AM
The person I bought from was eBay ID tbiever1 (her eBay store is Dori's Doll Boutique). I've also bought from another eBay seller too, but I didn't save her ID anywhere. I think if you look around you'll find some beautiful stuff for a decent price on eBay.

Hedy
10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Actually, eBay isn't a bad idea! There are alot of people selling AG stuff second hand out there (some new too), but there are also people who sell clothes to fit AG dolls. I bought a beautiful Easter outfit with shoes to match for my daughter's doll (she got it in her Easter basket last year) for only $15 on eBay. It was handmade, but looked like authentic AG stuff. My daughter never even questioned it. Actually, I think it was nicer than some of the authentic stuff we have purchased! I'll see if I can find that person's eBay ID.

I'd check out eBay too...I know a lot of my peers (the first AG generation/wave) are selling their dolls, etc. as they get older-you could get a pre-Mattel doll at a great price.

MamaO
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM
You could check to see if they have an outlet store somewhere in your state. It may be worth the drive! They have one that isn't too far from us. They don't sell the actual dolls at our outlet; just clothes and accessories (and girl's clothes). We went there last spring and I was able to buy several really nice things for my daughter's doll for very little (half-price or less).

You must be near Oshkosh? Unfortunately, it's their only outlet.

mjjmbnmm
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
The outlet store in Oshkosh is great, thankfully my mom lives there, so she's always checking out the deals. In June they have a warehouse clearance sale, you can get outfits for $6 dollars, that are otherwise about $24. furniture for like 60%off and other deals. I know it to late for x-mas this year, but if you don't live to far, it's something to check into next year.

Jenny_b
10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
You must be near Oshkosh? Unfortunately, it's their only outlet.

I didn't know it was there only outlet! Yep! I'm about 30 minutes from Oshkosh!