View Full Version : So... What are you still waiting on

kimntrent
12-22-2009, 01:30 PM
So.... What are you still waiting on?

Gift Cards for me, Target for me, Drugstore.com for me

Kim

disney_girl
12-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Let me think...drugstore.com, Amazon, Disneystore.com and Shutterfly! Should be a busy few days for UPS here!

~Kathie
12-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Kohl's....sheets for my grandson. I really don't think they will get here in time. His birthday is in February.....he'll get them then.

1800 Florals Flowers for the dining room table......supposed to come tomorrow.
2 orders from ebay.

kimntrent
12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
uggg ebay is the worst. They just don't come from a company.

m 'n c
12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I am waiting on a sweater from Target (the other items are already here), my Philosophy order (I think it is lost in the apt office), and then some miscellaneous clothing purchases and Sephora. Nothing is critical for Christmas but I'd like to have all my stuff :)

Leslie
12-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I think I finally have everything, except my stuffedanimals.com order. I ordered that on Dec 6th and it is still not here, so I have already purchased and wrapped a backup because I am not confident it is going to make it on time!

PSL1013
12-22-2009, 03:00 PM
waiting for nothing....My husband will kill me if he see's the UPS truck pull up anymore! :angel: Asked me what I wanted for c'mas the other day...I told him, nothing because I've been buying for myself for the last month...he says, yeah I noticed but what he doesn't know is some of it is for him too (but mostly me)! :blush:

wilsonfamily4
12-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Stocking stuffers I ordered from Joann's. My Old Navy order came today! I am so glad because I still have to put a Star Wars iron on on one of the tees.

O, also some cookbooks from amazon.

kimntrent
12-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Stocking stuffers I ordered from Joann's. My Old Navy order came today! I am so glad because I still have to put a Star Wars iron on on one of the tees.

O, also some cookbooks from amazon.

Ad HOc cookbooks?

catnapfan
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm waiting on a flute I ordered off ebay, a metronome from Musician's Friend, and my own present- a digital SLR camera from Best Buy. All guaranteed delivery by Christmas- we'll see.

fanofree
12-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Harry London candy from QVC and a book from B&N. Both were gar-an-teed to arrive before Christmas. I love on line shopping!

So, do you save all the boxes in case you have to send something back?

m 'n c
12-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Harry London candy from QVC and a book from B&N. Both were gar-an-teed to arrive before Christmas. I love on line shopping!

So, do you save all the boxes in case you have to send something back?

I'll save a few just in case I can't return the item in the actual store (saves on return shipping) or to have a couple around the house. Otherwise, in the trash they go.

~Kathie
12-22-2009, 11:48 PM
uggg ebay is the worst. They just don't come from a company.

I think it depends on the seller. I bought both items on Monday and they both shipped today. One seller was so upset that I wouldn't get it by Thursday he sent it Fed Ex. USPS told him next Thursday (Dec 31) for Priority Mail. Fed Ex told him Tuesday.

Neither is a Christmas present......just things I couldn't find elsewhere.

waiting for nothing....My husband will kill me if he see's the UPS truck pull up anymore! :angel: Asked me what I wanted for c'mas the other day...I told him, nothing because I've been buying for myself for the last month...he says, yeah I noticed but what he doesn't know is some of it is for him too (but mostly me)! :blush:

Mine too. DH gets really nervous when he sees the truck back into the driveway and open the back door. :rotfl:

He asked me what I wanted for Christmas and when I told him, I got the deer in the headlights look. So....good girl that I am, I asked him if he wanted me to order them for him. The look on his face..........priceless. I ordered, he paid, and I got cash back. I only opened one box just to be sure they sent the correct items and they weren't damaged. The rest I put in his office and they are now wrapped and under the tree. :D

disney_girl
12-23-2009, 12:37 AM
My Amazon and Shuttefly orders came today...so now just waiting on the Disneystore and Drugstore. Just checked the tracking on the Disneystore and it should come the 24th- it's my son's present to his sister (my fault for not asking sooner!). I told him I didn't order in time, so he'll be super excited when it comes! The Drugstore order isn't for Christmas, so not worried about that one.

~Kathie
12-23-2009, 06:11 PM
My flowers came today and so did my DGS's sheets. :clap: But that means I have one more thing to wrap.

Leslie
12-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Still no package for me....:(

Guess there is still one more day, good thing I bought a backup.

Iteach
12-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I am waiting for a box from Amazon. 2 day prime member free shipping always, is the best thing ever and a box from Nike. Both coming tomorrow, the 24th. Last minute things that I decided to get. I'll be glad when they get here.

~Kathie
12-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Still no package for me....:(

Guess there is still one more day, good thing I bought a backup.

Hope you get it. One thing I have done when a package hasn't arrived in time is print the picture from the website and wrap that. Not as good as opening the real thing but close.

catnapfan
12-24-2009, 06:48 AM
My ebay and musicians friend orders arrived yesterday. I was supposed to get a metronome from musician's friend but they sent the complete wrong thing- ended up with a repair kit for some sort of instrument. Luckily that was just a minor gift for DS. He has a metronome already, this is just a nicer one. I'm still waiting on my best buy order which is supposed to come today.

PSL1013
12-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Hope you get it. One thing I have done when a package hasn't arrived in time is print the picture from the website and wrap that. Not as good as opening the real thing but close.

That's what I ended up doing with a gift for my son and DIL because the gift was way too big to wrap...I bought them a framed piece of art from our last cruise...it's a Wyland print of Dolphins. I found a picture of Wyland next to this exact print, I laminated it and stuck it between the pages of a Food Network magazine....they both love cooking and will think I got them a subscription to this magazine...going to make them open it last, they will be so surprised when they find the picture and figure it out. Dolphins where a major part of their honeymoon trip at Atlantis last September.

Hedy
12-24-2009, 09:19 AM
My popcorn factory order (pickle prize) and batteries are "out for delivery" UPS seems to be running about 3 hours early than usual. Given my UPS packages generally come at 7ish (we live a stone's throw from our local UPS sorting center), I'll be curious to see what happens.

Blessing and Miracle
12-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm waiting on a flute I ordered off ebay, a metronome from Musician's Friend, and my own present- a digital SLR camera from Best Buy. All guaranteed delivery by Christmas- we'll see.O

Oooh, what kinda SLR did you buy. Gosh, I love cameras. I have a Cannon and I want the new Nikon D3000 that Ashton Kutchner has been advertising.

OOOhhh, I really want it and I keep looking at it. DH says, I don't need it because I just purchased the Cannon a couple years ago for WDW. I told him that right now it's not about needing but wanting. :rotfl: I agreed to wait until after Christmas because I am sooo getting one. :rotfl:

Blessing and Miracle
12-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I haven't received the girls personalized order from Idenity Direct as of yet. I know the girls would have really loved the items. I haven't even received a shipping notice so I know they aren't coming today. :(

Leslie
12-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Finally received my order that I placed on Dec 6th. :rolleyes:They said it was guaranteed by Dec 24th! Oh well, I guess I have a head start on a small gift for the kids for Valentine's Day.

catnapfan
12-29-2009, 08:59 PM
O

Oooh, what kinda SLR did you buy. Gosh, I love cameras. I have a Cannon and I want the new Nikon D3000 that Ashton Kutchner has been advertising.

OOOhhh, I really want it and I keep looking at it. DH says, I don't need it because I just purchased the Cannon a couple years ago for WDW. I told him that right now it's not about needing but wanting. :rotfl: I agreed to wait until after Christmas because I am sooo getting one. :rotfl:

That's the exact camera I got. I'm still reading the owners manual and figuring things out and so far I really like it. It doesn't have a live view for taking pictures, only for playback, which I thought would be a downer. But it turns out I really feel like a professional looking through the the view finder. I looked at the camera many times at Walmart where it is selling for $499 but ending up getting it from Best Buy for $50 less!

kimntrent
12-30-2009, 02:06 PM
I am actually still waiting on my last gift. It is stuck somewhere in the midwest.

~Kathie
12-30-2009, 10:18 PM
I bought some books at B&N that I forgot all about. They were backordered until January 5th. Then who knows how long they will take to get here.