PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a gmail account.Does anyone have any invites?

mum4jenn
09-30-2007, 11:14 AM
I am having lots of trouble getting offers to credit. I thought if I started using a gmail account I might have better luck.

Also if I do get one do I have to register that account on SR to get credit or will my going through the links be good enough?

m 'n c
09-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Nope SR tracks by user id not email so you should be good to go once you start clicking on offers and using your new email.

m 'n c
09-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh and you don't need an invite any more to get a gmail account. They are free and open to the public now.

mum4jenn
09-30-2007, 02:27 PM
THanks!! I have had about 6 things credit since I changed my email!!

Iteach
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I am having lots of trouble getting offers to credit. I thought if I started using a gmail account I might have better luck.

Also if I do get one do I have to register that account on SR to get credit or will my going through the links be good enough?

You do not have to register a new email address with SR. Your offers, surveys, etc. are tracked by user ID, I believe. Get a gmail address for sure, and get a long one. It's easy and free. I got one a couple of months ago and it helped a lot.

penn19
09-30-2007, 03:07 PM
for the people who have no clue how to get one, how does one get a gmail account?:confused:

m 'n c
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
go to www.gmail.com and sign up for a new account.

penn19
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
wow. Thanks so much. I really hope this helps.:)

sammielynn
09-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I just signed up for a gmail account and triedit out and cot the credit instantly. this may have been what I needed all along!

mia214jia
10-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I am not trying to just bust in on someone elses thread but I have a question. How would getting a different email help?
Thanks, Michelle

cglaura
10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure if the way I'll explain is technically correct, but you'll get the idea.

Alot of the offers come from the same advertiser. One advertiser might have 4 different surveys (MID x, MID xy, MID xyz; Brandarama Lotion, Brandarama Phones, whatever...)

Each advertiser has a database. When you enter your email, it will be logged into their database. So if you do MID x, you are in there. Then when you go to do MID xy, it will think you already did their surveys, b/c you are in the database, and may not credit.

Therefore, getting a new email address, you will be a unique user.

This is only allowed to complete new offers from same group of advertisers. You CAN'T use a new email to get credit from the same offer (doing MID x four times for example) multiple times or across multiple GPT sites.

HTH, I'm not too techie, Catherine, are you out there????? :rotfl:

bs4free
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
sounds like that should be correct

chipndale
10-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Good description of paid offers.

mia214jia
10-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I want to thank you for answering my question. I am still trying to find my way in here. I know there is alot more potential in here and I am getting more confident on finding easy clicks. I am also scoping out my "shopping potential" in here.
Thanks again for reaching out.