PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Buy ~ Shape Ups or Easy Tone

kimntrent
12-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Does anyone have an opinion either way on these?

SunshineGirl
12-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I've read very good things about the Shape Ups.

m 'n c
12-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Are those the tennis shoes?

kimntrent
12-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes they are

m 'n c
12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Ok. My cousin had the sketchers version on at the family Christmas last week. They had a really high platform on the bottom. I thought they were ok but didn't have much of an opinion of them as I didn't try them on or anything. Since she had just gotten them that day she didn't have an opinion on them either. Sorry I can't be too much help.

fanofree
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I received the Sketchers for Christmas. I need to get the next size, so I am no help either.

kimntrent
12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
They are on sale pretty good with Shoebuy but I am just stuck here.

mmm611
12-31-2009, 06:00 PM
All right, after reading that these are sheos you're all talking about here yesterday, I checked Shoebuy to see what they were. I was curious, so I found a Famous Footwear locally that carries them so I could try them on....except, they closed at 3 today and locked their doors at 10 till, so I couldn't get in. I did, however, find a pair at Kohl's to try on and thought they were very comfy. I usually need a wide and didn't think they would work, but they seem like they would. I was also impressed that they seems to have a bit more tread than it appeared in the photos online. The ones I tried on were a Mary Jane style, so I'd still like to try on the tennis shoe version and see how that feels. I think I'll have to check and see which of the FF's by my parents have my size so I can try them on tomorrow, as I'm sure I can make it there before they close at 3 again. I did think they were a little strange walking around, but I figured I could get a better feel for how they would work by wearing them at home.

I did check Shoebuy, but they only have my size in two colors....and I really hate both of those colors. 6pm and Famous Footwear both have them online in my size, but I still want to try some others on first before I spend big bucks on tennis shoes. I'm torn between paying the $100 at either of those two places and waiting till Shoebuy can get my size in a better color and let me save 20% on one of their sales.

mmm611
12-31-2009, 10:43 PM
They are on sale pretty good with Shoebuy but I am just stuck here.

Is this with the 20% off code? I just tried to add that onto a pair in my cart to see if they WOULD give me the sale price...nothing. I REALLY liked the ones I had on today and wanted to know if it would be worth it to wait for Shoebuy to get my size in.

arob414
01-01-2010, 10:45 AM
These are becoming pretty popular with some of the nurses, I work with. They are great for being on your feet all day. I have been thinking about getting a pair. I think they decided the Nike version didn't feel as stable on your feet. Some of the nurses have bought MBT's, but they are so expensive ($250), so I was thinking about trying the Sketchers.

Okay, so after doing a little more research, I am strongly thinking about the MBT's, these specifically.
http://www.amazon.com/MBT-Womens-Kaya-Mary-Jane/dp/B001HN5ICY/ref=pd_sim_sg_8

I read one review how she didn't have alot of flexibility in her ankle and they really helped. I broke mine, badly, 4 yrs ago, requiring screws and a couple plates. On a good day it doesn't move like it should but when I get tired, it feels like it is locking up and hurts. These shoes are only $130, that is way better than the nearly $200 that a couple nurses paid, last yr.