PDA

View Full Version : Legwarmers ?

~Kathie
01-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Anyone know where I can find leg warmers? I want regular leg warmers for me. I'd like the ones that go from the knee to the ankle.

I would like to go through SR if possible......anyone bought from any of the dance companies here?

:thanks:

SunshineGirl
01-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Oddly enough, leg warmers are actually really big right now. Have you checked out Target?

chipndale
01-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Oddly enough, leg warmers are actually really big right now. Have you checked out Target?

They are really popular in Pittsburgh. At my DDs dance class - all the girls are wearing them. They think they are sooo cool. I just have to laugh. I have seen them in the Target stores - not sure if they are online or not. Good Luck finding them.

~Kathie
01-04-2010, 12:39 AM

I did look right after Thanksgiving, but not recently. I'll check again!

Did you notice if they had adults as well as kids??

Thanks!

Just looked at Target online........they have 31 different leg warmers. Infants to big kids. Who knew???? :rotfl:

Tricia did!!!! :thanks:

Iteach
01-04-2010, 01:53 AM
I was just going to post Target too. Glad you found them. I bought a pair, but at the Target store before Thanksgiving when we had a cold snap. I wanted to try them on first. I'm feeling the cold a little more this year when I am doing recess duty, so thought leg warmers would help and they did. I'd tell you the brand I got, but they're at school. Mine go from the ankle to about a little higher than mid thigh, and are gray & black. The thing I like about them is that I can just wear them when I'm outside and then take them off when recess duty is done. Good luck!

askomsky
01-04-2010, 10:44 AM
They are really popular in Pittsburgh. At my DDs dance class - all the girls are wearing them. They think they are sooo cool. I just have to laugh. I have seen them in the Target stores - not sure if they are online or not. Good Luck finding them.

:rotfl: When I hear legwarmers, Flashdance immediately pops into my head and how cool I thought I was....... Thanks for the trip back down memory lane... :rotfl:

arob414
01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
:rotfl: When I hear legwarmers, Flashdance immediately pops into my head and how cool I thought I was....... Thanks for the trip back down memory lane... :rotfl:

I think of my grandmother. She bought us a pr, for Christmas, like 3 yrs in a row. Don't know if she forgot that she had already given us a pr but we would wear them while shooting fireworks at Christmas.

~Kathie
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I was just going to post Target too. Glad you found them. I bought a pair, but at the Target store before Thanksgiving when we had a cold snap. I wanted to try them on first. I'm feeling the cold a little more this year when I am doing recess duty, so thought leg warmers would help and they did. I'd tell you the brand I got, but they're at school. Mine go from the ankle to about a little higher than mid thigh, and are gray & black. The thing I like about them is that I can just wear them when I'm outside and then take them off when recess duty is done. Good luck!

I'm going to go look at them today, thanks! What you bought sounds like what I am looking for.

THOSE are exactly what I want and exactly what I think of when I picture legwarmers. :rotfl:

chipndale
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM

I totally agree with you and it is soooo funny watching all the girls wear them and think they are so cool. And they wear the really bright colored legwarmers. DD started to layer her shirts - a cami, tank, and another tank over that! I told her I need to get her a shirt with a large neck like in Flashdance - she has no clue. I am waiting for the Big Hair to come back!

fanofree
01-05-2010, 09:53 PM

OMG! YES! And ripped sweatshirts. I was all that and a bag of chips. When I read OP, I thought, "Hmm somewhere in my storage shed I bet!" I seriously need to de-stash.

~Kathie
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
OMG! YES! And ripped sweatshirts. I was all that and a bag of chips. When I read OP, I thought, "Hmm somewhere in my storage shed I bet!" I seriously need to de-stash.

You are so funny!!! Thanks for making me think back to when my daughter was little.

I stuck out @ Target today. They had kid's sizes but nothing for adults. :( I talked to one of the associates in the lingerie dept and she said they never got them in this year for adults. Kept trying to get me to buy long underwear. :confused:

I'm going to look at ome of the Dance sites on SR and see what I find. There is a local dance store that I bought my daughters dance show and leotards at (some 25 years ago)......might stop in there too.

fourfoxesinpa
01-06-2010, 08:23 AM
They might have them at All About Dance - I've bought dance items there and they're a nice site. Back in early December, I found some pink ones for DD's christmas stocking at Five and Below.

~Kathie
01-06-2010, 10:01 AM
They might have them at All About Dance - I've bought dance items there and they're a nice site. Back in early December, I found some pink ones for DD's christmas stocking at Five and Below.

Thanks!

~Kathie
01-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I went to a local dance shop today and found exactly what I was looking for.

They only had pink in stock but the gal told me she could get me black from the warehouse by Saturday. They called tonight. My legwarmers are in. :banana:

I know I'm going to need more than one pair but these will get me going. I did check out All About Dance too. Just wasn't sure about the sizing. I will have a better idea when I get mine tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!