PDA

View Full Version : Good luck race runners!!!

fourfoxesinpa
01-06-2010, 08:28 AM
We're outta here at 2:00 pm to head to chilly MCO. Have you looked at the extended forecast for the weekend? Sunday morning before the marathon, they say it's getting down to 29. TWENTY NINE!!!! BRRRRR.

I've packed fleece, hoodies, jeans, hat, gloves...:cry: Not the warm days I was so hoping for to get a break from this brutal PA weather.

I hope everyone has safe travels to WDW, a fun and safe run and a wonderful weekend!

~Kathie
01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Good luck Jamie!!! Keep warm.

fourfoxesinpa
01-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Good luck Jamie!!! Keep warm.

Oh, I'm not running - I "volunteered" DH to run the marathon. :p I'll just be standing there :clap: for him.

:D

pbhall13
01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Have fun cheering dh on! and good luck to all the runners (i think magicaljen is running!!)

Pamela

~Kathie
01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh, I'm not running - I "volunteered" DH to run the marathon. :p I'll just be standing there :clap: for him.

:D

Sounds like me. Good luck to DH. He'll be warm because he's running. So YOU stay warm.

Jusacuz
01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Good luck to your DH and everyone else running. :)
I did the half last year and it was around 30 something degrees waiting around before the start of the race. I was not ready for temps that low. Once it started and the sun came up, it was nice, though. I was going to do the full this year, but opted for a cruise instead.

PSL1013
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
It's freezing in Florida but unusually cold everywhere it seems, even places that aren't normally that cold...what is happening to our weather?

Sounds like you packed appropriately, stay warm and good luck to your husband.

mdapiggy
01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Good Luck and stay warm to everyone running the race. Have fun.

fourfoxesinpa
01-11-2010, 10:13 AM
HOLY HANNAH IT WAS COLD! Congrats to those of you who ran the half in the sleet. At least DH had a dry race, albeit cold. I think it was 26 or 27 degrees when he left the hotel room at 3:40 am on Sunday? At least the MK was pretty empty on Saturday when we visited. Walked on Space Mountain twice (absolutely NO lines), did Buzz twice, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan and saw Mickey in his tent - all in 1 1/2 hours Unbelievable. Left the park at 6 because we were "done" and gave up our ADR at Tony's, skipped Spectro and Wishes. Just too long and cold and damp of a day.

I call "Mulligan!"