PDA

View Full Version : GiveFun

nurseminnie76
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
What happened to GiveFun.com? Am I crazy ..... I can't find the link. :( Please don't tell me they are no longer a merchant. I was going to place a fairly large order in the next day or two.

SunshineGirl
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
They killed their affiliate program. :( In fact, I think their whole site was bought out by another company.

nurseminnie76
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Aack!!! That's what I get for waiting for the new quarter to start. That was going to be an easy $10 in SR rewards. Oh well ..... maybe you will find someplace else in the future where we can purchase Disney GCs.

It was great while it lasted - LOL.

m 'n c
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I was waiting too but I'm glad I didn't order if they are "gone" as I'm having one hell of a time fighting a charge with Amex from Bluefly and I'd hate to have had to fight this one too.

schachteles
10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I was waiting too but I'm glad I didn't order if they are "gone" as I'm having one hell of a time fighting a charge with Amex from Bluefly and I'd hate to have had to fight this one too.

It is too bad that GiveFun is gone...I had good luck with them...easy way to make a few bucks...I was hoping to earn more.

What happened with Bluefly??

m 'n c
10-01-2007, 11:05 PM
It is too bad that GiveFun is gone...I had good luck with them...easy way to make a few bucks...I was hoping to earn more.

What happened with Bluefly??

My package was "delivered" by DHL to me (when I was not home - ie left on my doorstep) and one of my lovely neighbors stole it. So now I'm fighting them to get a refund. DHL insured the package and took fault but bluefly will not give me the refund and I can't get the refund through DHL since i"m not the shipper. So its being disputed through AMEX since DHL took fault and Bluefly told me a few times they'd refund me and now nothing... I'm NEVER ordering from them again.

They also have a very fine print policy where they will block you from shopping if you are a heavy returner. Well they are online only and carry clothing a few seasons old. Its not like you can go to the store and try the stuff on first.

3dog2kidmom
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Aack!!! That's what I get for waiting for the new quarter to start. That was going to be an easy $10 in SR rewards. Oh well ..... maybe you will find someplace else in the future where we can purchase Disney GCs.

It was great while it lasted - LOL.

Me too, Lea Ann. I was just getting ready to order a GC for $1500 to pay off my trip, and another to pay for the cruise. But I'm glad that I don't have $$ tied up with them if the company is on shaky ground -- like I need that worry! And this way I'll just use my visa and get the 6 months no interest, which I wouldn't have gotten buying gift cards. Silver lining? LOL. Seriously I SOOOOO wish Disney would let us get credit for buying gift cards again :(

Jenny_b
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Me too, Lea Ann. I was just getting ready to order a GC for $1500 to pay off my trip, and another to pay for the cruise. But I'm glad that I don't have $$ tied up with them if the company is on shaky ground -- like I need that worry! And this way I'll just use my visa and get the 6 months no interest, which I wouldn't have gotten buying gift cards. Silver lining? LOL. Seriously I SOOOOO wish Disney would let us get credit for buying gift cards again :(

It would be scary to have that much money tied up with a company that is changing ownership suddenly...even though you are missing out on the rewards, it is probably for the best. I hope a similar company can be added to replace GiveFun. I was hoping to use them to buy some holiday gifts this year!

bs4free
10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
They killed their affiliate program. :( In fact, I think their whole site was bought out by another company.
Trica, does the new company have a program?????

linanglab
10-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I was also going to make a purchase this week. Bummer....Was waiting for this quarter to start to bump up my earnings.....

There isn't any other site on here to get gift cert. anywhere, is there?

m 'n c
10-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I was also going to make a purchase this week. Bummer....Was waiting for this quarter to start to bump up my earnings.....

disney gift cards or other gift cards? I thought giftcertificates.com was an option but I know they don't have DGC's

cglaura
10-02-2007, 12:57 PM

There is GiftCertificates.com in the shopping section, but they don't have disney...

I was waiting also for this quarter, but as stated, am kind of glad I waited now.

bluefuzzy
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Does that mean I won't get credit for my purchase on the 25th of Sept? :( Poop. I did receive my gift cards so that is a minor comfort.

schachteles
10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
My package was "delivered" by DHL to me (when I was not home - ie left on my doorstep) and one of my lovely neighbors stole it. So now I'm fighting them to get a refund. DHL insured the package and took fault but bluefly will not give me the refund and I can't get the refund through DHL since i"m not the shipper. So its being disputed through AMEX since DHL took fault and Bluefly told me a few times they'd refund me and now nothing... I'm NEVER ordering from them again.

They also have a very fine print policy where they will block you from shopping if you are a heavy returner. Well they are online only and carry clothing a few seasons old. Its not like you can go to the store and try the stuff on first.

Oh that seriously SUCKS...I am amazed at the packages that they will just leave at someones door...plain stupid and then somehow it is our fault.

Hope that it gets resolved!

rhiannonwales
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh that seriously SUCKS...I am amazed at the packages that they will just leave at someones door...plain stupid and then somehow it is our fault.

Hope that it gets resolved!

Yeah tell me about it! I bought a 300 dollar monitor from tiger direct and they not only left it at my door, they didnt even wrap it so everyone could see the freaking flat screen monitor on my doorstep.I live in a townhouse so my neighbors are RIGHT THERE... i'm lucky that they are all honest!

sunshinecindy
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Trica, does the new company have a program?????

No, not an affiliate program. Anyone who has outstanding credits though, I have applied for with the same affiliate manager, she is still with them.

mommommouse
10-07-2007, 12:02 AM
that really stinks. i was waiting too. now i need to pay for cruise without credit.:cry: debbie