PDA

View Full Version : Book of the Month Club 2 Discussion

SunshineGirl
01-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I just wanted to start a discussion about one of the best offers on SR: Book of the Month Club 2. Basically you pay $10 a month and get a new hard cover book shipped to you. It's really a great deal. I've gotten books the first month that they are released for more than half off. You go in and set up your list and can change it at any time. Then they just send one a month in the order of the list.

Has anyone else had an experience with it that they would like to share?

Love2Shop
01-14-2010, 09:13 PM
I really liked this offer at first. 9.99 a month, first book is FREE, plus all you stay enrolled for is three months. They have a lot of great books to choose from too. And the $10 credit showed up as pending in my account right away!
I got my first book for the first month right away, too.(Nov)
But, I still have not received my book for Dec and they are about to charge me for this month's book. (Jan 15th)
I tried to call them but there isn't a number listed anywhere on their site. I sent them an email but have not gotten a response except a confirmation that they received my email. Grr, we'll see what happens.

SunshineGirl
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I really liked this offer at first. 9.99 a month, first book is FREE, plus all you stay enrolled for is three months. They have a lot of great books to choose from too. And the $10 credit showed up as pending in my account right away!
I got my first book for the first month right away, too.(Nov)
But, I still have not received my book for Dec and they are about to charge me for this month's book. (Jan 15th)
I tried to call them but there isn't a number listed anywhere on their site. I sent them an email but have not gotten a response except a confirmation that they received my email. Grr, we'll see what happens.

How odd! Does their site show that they sent it? I had to send an email last month to get my login information and it did take about 48 hours to hear back. I just got another book a couple of days ago.

Love2Shop
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
How odd! Does their site show that they sent it? I had to send an email last month to get my login information and it did take about 48 hours to hear back. I just got another book a couple of days ago.

I does say that they sent it, I think it may have gone to my old address?? I am really bummed because last month's book was the Hungry Girl Cookbook and I really wanted to try some of the recipes in it!

3dog2kidmom
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I like it. Do you have to purchase 3 books, or receive 3 books (including the free one)? I just sent them an email to cancel since I have gotten my 3 books and I really don't want to buy anymore for awhile. Haven't heard back yet, but then I had second thoughts that I might need to get one more.

Either way, this is a great club!! Our selections were: Julia Child - Mastering the Art of French Cooking ($26 at Amazon), Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4, and The Lost Symbol.

m 'n c
01-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I was a member when they were Zoomba and I loved them. I ran out of books on my list so I cancelled but I need to sign up again.

I was sad to read that someone missed their book and can't get a response. When they were still Zoomba I sent them an email and received a response within 24 hours. Maybe try again.

Alice28
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I just tried it- I'm a huge reader and can always find books I want to get. This place is cheaper than Costco's prices! I just ordered 'The Help' and have "Committed" and the new Joanne Fluke on preorder.

I did Zoomba before and liked that; I just ran out of books at the time so I cancelled.

ETA- it credited FAST! Excited to get my first book.

Love2Shop
01-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I got an email response from BOMC2 yesterday, they said a replacement book is on it's way already and gave me the phone number in case I still needed to call. I have to say that I am pleased with their customer service and the response time wasn't that long, either.

If anyone needs the number it's (717) 918-1069, and their hours are Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Eastern Time.

~Kathie
01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
I got an email response from BOMC2 yesterday, they said a replacement book is on it's way already and gave me the phone number in case I still needed to call. I have to say that I am pleased with their customer service and the response time wasn't that long, either.

If anyone needs the number it's (717) 918-1069, and their hours are Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Eastern Time.

So glad you got it straightened out and will be getting your book soon.

I joined when it was Zooba and loved it. I stopped for a while since my To Be Read pile was getting very tall. Tried the offer again as BOMC2 in November and I still love it.

I get new releases in a hardcover, cheaper than BJ's, which is the cheapest around and FREE shipping.

I've already received

Kindred in Death JD Robb
Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn Ridley Pearson
Killer Summer Ridley Pearson

And I have 6 books on my list........and am going to look at that Hungry Girl Cook book Claudia (Love2Shop) mentioned. :D

ETA: I added the HG cookbook and moved it to #1. It should come the first week of Feb. Thanks Claudia.

Soccer Princess
01-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I just signed up in December and have received my first (free) book. I ordered New Moon in hardcover and have the rest of the Twilight series in hardcover on my reading list. I will be able to get all 4 books in hardcover for less than $30 shipped, plus my $13.50 SR credit. You can't beat that at all! :)

Love2Shop
01-17-2010, 11:05 PM
So glad you got it straightened out and will be getting your book soon.

I joined when it was Zooba and loved it. I stopped for a while since my To Be Read pile was getting very tall. Tried the offer again as BOMC2 in November and I still love it.

I get new releases in a hardcover, cheaper than BJ's, which is the cheapest around and FREE shipping.

I've already received

Kindred in Death JD Robb
Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn Ridley Pearson
Killer Summer Ridley Pearson

And I have 6 books on my list........and am going to look at that Hungry Girl Cook book Claudia (Love2Shop) mentioned. :D

ETA: I added the HG cookbook and moved it to #1. It should come the first week of Feb. Thanks Claudia.

Thanks and you're welcome.:D

I think some of those recipes sound delicious and I love that the portions aren't huge. Since it's just me and dd, who eats like a bird, it is hard to find good recipes that aren't just way too much food.

momof3lovebugs
04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I just joined and am excited to get my first book but have a question. I made my reading list and the book I thought I was ordering as my first choice is still on my list. :confused: When will they actually send the book and remove it from my list? Thanks for any reply! :sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
04-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I just joined and am excited to get my first book but have a question. I made my reading list and the book I thought I was ordering as my first choice is still on my list. :confused: When will they actually send the book and remove it from my list? Thanks for any reply! :sunshine2:

Which club did you sign up for? I'm not seeing a credit for anyone for today for BOMC2.

momof3lovebugs
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Which club did you sign up for? I'm not seeing a credit for anyone for today for BOMC2.
Tricia, I signed up for bomc2 but my credit is pending in my acct. You were really fast!! When I say just, I mean in the last day. :blush:
I was just wondering how the company works and if they will send me an email letting me know they have sent my book or it will just magically appear, kwim? I am so excited to have some summer reading!

SunshineGirl
04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Tricia, I signed up for bomc2 but my credit is pending in my acct. You were really fast!! When I say just, I mean in the last day. :blush:
I was just wondering how the company works and if they will send me an email letting me know they have sent my book or it will just magically appear, kwim? I am so excited to have some summer reading!

Oh good, I was getting really worried!!

I put mine in my queue and then they get sent out about the second week of every month. But I can't remember how it happened with the first one.

momof3lovebugs
04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh good, I was getting really worried!!

I put mine in my queue and then they get sent out about the second week of every month. But I can't remember how it happened with the first one.
ahhh! I was hoping it was more like the disney movie club (which we are thoroughly enjoying, btw! :love: ) where they send the initial order and then go month to month. Oh well, something to look forward to in the mail!:sunshine2:

Alice28
04-29-2010, 10:57 PM
One of my fave authors has a new one coming out next month. If you are a 'chick lit' type of reader, I recommend Emily Giffen! The new book has a purple cover and I think it's something like "Where the Heart Is." I have all her other books in paperback, but $9.95 is still cheaper than the paperback price of $14-15 at Barnes & noble or Borders.

I *think* BOMC2 emails you when they ship the book. I got my April book today- it said it was shipping April 19, processed the 16th. So they do send it 'media' mail, which takes awhile.

momof3lovebugs
04-29-2010, 11:54 PM
I actually just got my email today! :clap: My Star Wars Lego visual dictionary is on its way!!! :banana::banana:

kristenrice
04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I might be interested in this offer too. I really like the humor books (Chelsea Handler is my favorite!) but I don't see too many of them listed.

There are at least three of the children's books I'd like, in addition to Chelsea's book so it be wise for me to enroll, get the four books, and then cancel if I don't see any more I like?

SunshineGirl
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
I might be interested in this offer too. I really like the humor books (Chelsea Handler is my favorite!) but I don't see too many of them listed.

There are at least three of the children's books I'd like, in addition to Chelsea's book so it be wise for me to enroll, get the four books, and then cancel if I don't see any more I like?

They actually load new books every week and you only get one a month. So I'm guessing in the next four months they will load others that you like?

kristenrice
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
They actually load new books every week and you only get one a month. So I'm guessing in the next four months they will load others that you like?

That's what I was hoping. I figured that I could give it the four months (or at least until I receive the 4 books) and then re-evaluate. What happens if your list runs out? If my list is only four books long, what do they do after they've sent them all?

SunshineGirl
04-30-2010, 02:09 PM
That's what I was hoping. I figured that I could give it the four months (or at least until I receive the 4 books) and then re-evaluate. What happens if your list runs out? If my list is only four books long, what do they do after they've sent them all?

You would need to cancel or you would end up getting charged the $10 that month but not get a book. I try to always keep 2 in my queue at all times just to be sure that doesn't happen.