PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Store

3dog2kidmom
10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I just noticed Starbucks store is a new merchant!! Can you clarify if reloading your gift card qualifies for the 6% back?

Thanks in advance (crossing fingers!!!)!

SunshineGirl
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I think Cindy was checking into the gift card thing.

m4travels
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I think Cindy was checking into the gift card thing.
Well, tell her to stop singing to the horses and get it in gear!

Michael

3dog2kidmom
10-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, tell her to stop singing to the horses and get it in gear!

Michael

Maybe I need to put "WINE" in the title to get her attention??

m4travels
10-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Maybe I need to put "WINE" in the title to get her attention??
I KNOW I'm going to catch grief for my previous comment, but I love the Sunshine family (how's that for sucking up??) and know that Cindy will do her best for all of us!:angel:

Mikey

sunshinecindy
10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Geez, turn your back for a minute and the gang is all over you. :rotfl:

I'm waiting for a response from Starbucks, but not holding my breath cause these bigger companies aren't alway right on top of answering our stupid little questions.....know what I mean jelly beans.

3dog2kidmom
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I KNOW I'm going to catch grief for my previous comment, but I love the Sunshine family (how's that for sucking up??) and know that Cindy will do her best for all of us!:angel:

Mikey

:rotfl: Good job!

sunshinecindy
10-02-2007, 10:40 PM
:rotfl: Good job!

Not good enough. :(

m4travels
10-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Not good enough. :(
Sorry!!

Actually, I'll be surprised if they do allow the gift card as it looks like you can only get it on starbucks.com not starbucksstore.com. However, if I can get their Christmas Blend through the new shopping site, we'll be making our own K-cups with Starbucks this season!

Michael

sunshinecindy
10-02-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm really pushing for the free shipping. I love Starbucks coffee but don't often get to the store, so this would be great for me. In Vegas, we are staying at Planet Hollywood and it has a Starbucks, you can't believe how excited I am about that. :rotfl:

Whats a K cup?

m4travels
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Whats a K cup?
It's what is used in the Keurig machines. I get them from Coffeeforless (Green Mountain coffee) and they are individual measure of ground coffee that fits in the brewer. It's similar in theory to the Senseo machine and their pods.

Keurig actually has a "cup" that you can use to put your own ground coffee in instead of buying the prepped cup.

We have one of the machines at home and someone (partner dude - what a guy!) sent one to our office last year at Christmas time and we've been loving it. No coffee wasted whatsoever!

Michael

PSL1013
10-03-2007, 08:26 AM
We've had a Keurig machine now for two years, they are great! Just placed another order with CoffeeForLess too. Love my Keurig! :love:

m4travels
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
We've had a Keurig machine now for two years, they are great! Just placed another order with CoffeeForLess too. Love my Keurig! :love:

I know this gets us OT a bit from Starbucks Store, but have you made your own K cups? It was a bit messy our first couple of times but if we can use the Starbucks ground for them, we'd be REAL happy!

Michael

PSL1013
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
I know this gets us OT a bit from Starbucks Store, but have you made your own K cups? It was a bit messy our first couple of times but if we can use the Starbucks ground for them, we'd be REAL happy!

Michael

yeah, I have the "my K-cup" but I haven't used it much....I prefer the quick and easy...no cleanup variety k-cup! :rotfl:

m4travels
11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Just wanted to give folks a heads up on the gift card refill. I filled one yesterday (they are increments of $25 on the site) and had credit pending this morning.

Very nice!

Michael

DisneyMa
11-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Starbucks store will give credit for reloading a GC? Dude, you rock!!! That made my day:D

m4travels
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Starbucks store will give credit for reloading a GC? Dude, you rock!!! That made my day:D

I was VERY surprised!!! I thought, heck, someone's going to use the card and it's going to need refilling at some point, why not try!

Michael

(Wow, I haven't been called Dude in, like, years!!!)

DisneyMa
11-06-2007, 04:50 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: Totally your new name now, Dude!!:rotfl:

mollyeilis
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Michael I think you might have started it by using the phrase "partner dude" lol.

This is most excellent news. I think I'd better jump on it now...gotta find the s'bux card I've seen floating around...

arob414
11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
This is great. I have no idea where my card is, but I love Starbucks and our little, bitty town actually has one. So, I can get a new one and refill, prn.

m4travels
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Michael I think you might have started it by using the phrase "partner dude" lol.

Ah, the things we forget we put in writing..... darn tequila

Michael

bs4free
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Totally your new name now, Dude!!:rotfl:
someone has been talking turttle....

DisneyMa
11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
exactly! I don't know why I was thinking about Turtle Talk with Crush and posting. It just happens:D

Okay, so I reloaded a card. How long till I have a balance on my GC? I want to use it tomorrow morning.:D TIA

m4travels
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
exactly! I don't know why I was thinking about Turtle Talk with Crush and posting. It just happens:D

Okay, so I reloaded a card. How long till I have a balance on my GC? I want to use it tomorrow morning.:D TIA
I thought the system said it might take an hour or two (my memory is fading) after loading.

Dude

DisneyMa
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
I thought the system said it might take an hour or two (my memory is fading) after loading.

Dude

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks! Dude:D

3dog2kidmom
11-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I was VERY surprised!!! I thought, heck, someone's going to use the card and it's going to need refilling at some point, why not try!

Michael

OMG, how did it take me so long to re-find this thread! I am so going to get a gift card. Do you think it will work for a new one vs. just reloading? I threw my old ones out. Might have to make a quickie Starbucks run.......

Thanks (dude!). LOL, couldn't resist :)

m4travels
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
OMG, how did it take me so long to re-find this thread! I am so going to get a gift card. Do you think it will work for a new one vs. just reloading? I threw my old ones out. Might have to make a quickie Starbucks run.......

Thanks (dude!). LOL, couldn't resist :)
I picked up a gift card from the local market ($15), went online and added $25 to it. I had never had one before (partner dude has) and it added easily; no issues whatsoever!

The one thing I couldn't find at starbucksstore.com was just a gift card, but, hey, this works for me.

Have a great night!
Dude

3dog2kidmom
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
I picked up a gift card from the local market ($15), went online and added $25 to it. I had never had one before (partner dude has) and it added easily; no issues whatsoever!

The one thing I couldn't find at starbucksstore.com was just a gift card, but, hey, this works for me.

Have a great night!
Dude

Thanks -- I think I'll pick one up one the way to work then. Thanks much!!

DisneyMa
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Dude, it worked! I have a nice little $25 on my GC. Now I just need to wait for the SR credit. Thanks so much for the info. I totally owe you one:D

DisneyMa
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
okay, so I loaded the $25 and then I thought I should load another $25 to the GC. (I want a french coffee press:D) The first $25 went through, but I am still waiting on the second $25. How long should this take before I worry? I was planning to go this morning.:confused:

m4travels
11-07-2007, 11:52 AM
okay, so I loaded the $25 and then I thought I should load another $25 to the GC. (I want a french coffee press:D) The first $25 went through, but I am still waiting on the second $25. How long should this take before I worry? I was planning to go this morning.:confused:

From their notes on the GC reload:
Please note: It may take up to one hour for added funds to appear on your Starbucks Card. Any errors in billing information may further delay your order up to one business day. Once the reload is completed cancellations will not be possible, all sales are final.

Any help?
Dude

DisneyMa
11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
You are too funny! Actually I just called Starbuckstore.com and asked. I guess because I loaded the card twice in one day, the transaction had to go through extra security? When I talked to the CS, she was very nice and helpful, she made sure the second transaction will go through within the hour.

Now I just need the SR credit!! What a deal:D

BTW- Dude- did you get your PM from me? Gobble, gobble:rotfl:

m4travels
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
BTW- Dude- did you get your PM from me? Gobble, gobble:rotfl:
Yes, and if I'd just pay attention to that little ticker up there I would have seen that others think I'm ignoring them too!! Sorry gang!

It IS time for Starbucks!

DisneyMa
11-08-2007, 12:11 PM
When should I expect the SR credit to show up? It's not pending (yet)

I loved those Magazine.com credits!! Woohoo!! Did my balance jump:D Now, just waiting on Starbucks.........

bumping....

mollyeilis
11-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Just wanted to give folks a heads up on the gift card refill. I filled one yesterday (they are increments of $25 on the site) and had credit pending this morning.

Very nice!

Michael

Hey, expert dude? ;)

When you put money on the card, as you filled out the page and clicked to submit it, did that page "go" anywhere? Or did it just look the same as before, but erase your payment info?

Something odd happened just now, and I've either added double what I meant to (only submitted it again b/c I realized I had spelled my city wrong and figured THAT was the problem) or none of what I meant to.

So does it take you to a confirmation page, or does it just sit there and be boring?

TIA!

m4travels
11-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey, expert dude? ;)

When you put money on the card, as you filled out the page and clicked to submit it, did that page "go" anywhere? Or did it just look the same as before, but erase your payment info?

Something odd happened just now, and I've either added double what I meant to (only submitted it again b/c I realized I had spelled my city wrong and figured THAT was the problem) or none of what I meant to.

So does it take you to a confirmation page, or does it just sit there and be boring?

TIA!
Dude is getting older and can't even remember what he had for dinner last night; you expect me to remember 2 weeks ago??? YIKES!!!

Seriously, I really don't remember. Here's hoping some of our more youthful members will recall how that page worked; Cindy??? gotta keep trying to stay in the good graces.... I think I dropped out a while back!

DisneyMa, do you remember?

ETA: Just realized it was only 1 week ago I posted last on this thread. This is getting sadder!

DisneyMa
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I did get a conf page and it was emailed to me. You might want to call the number and see what happened.

I know I did 2 seperate transactions in a day. The first one went through fine, the second one took till the next day (I had to call) The system didn't want to let 2 transactions go to the same card, the same day. I called and the CS had the second transaction released. Very nice CS, if you need to call. HTH

BTW- my purchase just credited today! Nice jump in the ole balance:D:cooldance:

faithhope
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for this info...I have a trip coming up, and will enjoy drinking my Starbucks thinking about the extra money in my SR account.

Faith

mollyeilis
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks, all. I did send an email last night, so I'll just wait for 'em.

Michael dude, I refuse to believe that you are getting older. SR keeps us young, doesn't it?

Yesterday just was NOT my day for anything coffee-related. Every which way I turned, I was thwarted. I'm going to be forced to just go to a store. :confused: