PDA

View Full Version : How do you do it???

rjk
10-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok all you people with big credit amounts - HOW DO YOU DO IT??

I joined a couple of weeks ago. I've done a survey every day. I try for the scratch off each day and get to play most of the time. (Winning any points is a different story.) I try for some offers each day and most days get several to credit.

I did get to 10 surveys last month so I got the 1.00 bonus. I'm also close to 40.00 points so I really don't think that I am doing poorly but I just don't see how some of you have racked up the credits and I also want to rack them up.

Are you doing major shopping on SR and if you are what do you buy???

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, Becky

m4travels
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I've been fortunate that I'm able to order lots of stuff for the office (Staples and now Quill) through SR. We have a Staples account and it just goes on the company card. I had to purchase 4 GPS systems at one point and Brookstone had a great deal going on Tom Toms. I did a lot of the paid offers (LOVE the book ones) and have stayed with many of them and not stayed with a few more.

Do what you're comfortable with! Do those surveys, hit the paid clicks, hunt for that elusive $.03 leprachuan... leprochaun... Irish fairy and have fun!

Michael

jfrog
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
WOW! I would say you are doing GRRREAT!! I joined almost a month ago and I am up to approx. 64 dollars - doing major happy dance over that! lol - I have a ton of offers pending and a few credit almost each day - I think the sunshiners with the way impressive amounts have been at it for a longer time than we have- thanks for letting me add my 2 cents:p

rjk
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
WOW! I would say you are doing GRRREAT!! I joined almost a month ago and I am up to approx. 64 dollars - doing major happy dance over that! lol - I have a ton of offers pending and a few credit almost each day - I think the sunshiners with the way impressive amounts have been at it for a longer time than we have- thanks for letting me add my 2 cents:p

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with where I am. I just don't see how to keep it up. I did introduce my daughter at college to the site and she is having fun with it.

Thanks for the advise to both of you...

rjk
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
JFrog- just noticed that you are in Central Wisconsin also. Me, too.

missangie
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm new too and want to get in on the action. I have started thinking about Christmas. There are so many great deals on SR. I just ran through the entire list of merchants. Tricia has done a fabulous job of making sure that there is tons to choose from and something for everyone. I noticed too that there are various online stores with free shipping, no tax, and up to 15% back to you. It almost seems silly to shop anywhere else without looking on SR first.

I know my credits will take a huge jump this month!

disneynut
10-02-2007, 10:24 PM
You seem to be doing great. My total is not as high as others, but I did not make that much in my first month. LOL. I was leary at first. Then started doing surveys and offers and some shopping. I shop at things that I already am shopping for online. I live in a rural area, so the closest big town from me is about an hour away and I dont like going there so I order a lot from the internet. I get my ink for printer from staples, order Christmas presents for the kids from toys r us. Scrapbook stuff from Joanns. Shopping on Ebay. You get the jist. A lot offer free shipping, so it works for me. I do some offers, I have never done a trial offer, or where you have to pay for it. I do plan to order aquadots for my youngest DD for Christmas. Just keep doing what it is that you are doing, it sounds great to me. Remember if you do any online shopping to check the links here. I sometimes forget to check here.:computer: :sunshine:

Kycha
10-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Ok all you people with big credit amounts - HOW DO YOU DO IT??

I joined a couple of weeks ago. I've done a survey every day. I try for the scratch off each day and get to play most of the time. (Winning any points is a different story.) I try for some offers each day and most days get several to credit.

I did get to 10 surveys last month so I got the 1.00 bonus. I'm also close to 40.00 points so I really don't think that I am doing poorly but I just don't see how some of you have racked up the credits and I also want to rack them up.

Are you doing major shopping on SR and if you are what do you buy???

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, Becky
Something to keep in mind when you see the people with big earnings, it probably took them a year or more to rack that up. I have been a doing offers since April 07 and have almost $400. That comes to about $80 a month. 90% came from freebie offers and surveys.

I think you are doing fantastic. Keep it up!

m 'n c
10-02-2007, 11:37 PM
I mainly stick with freebie offers, daily surveys and online shopping. I'm actually about to make Nordstrom purchase #2 this week as they are running a free shipping promo on their website when you order a pair of shoes. I figure I can't pass that up plus its a christmas present.

TtownAnne
10-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm still baffled too, I've been here since August and have yet to break $30, but I guess others do a lot of shopping. :confused: I've given up on any really big bucks, I just figure I'll do what I can, and any little bit can be spent at Disney.

m 'n c
10-03-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm still baffled too, I've been here since August and have yet to break $30, but I guess others do a lot of shopping. :confused: I've given up on any really big bucks, I just figure I'll do what I can, and any little bit can be spent at Disney.

I'm pretty slow and steady with the daily surveys and the freebie offers which come in spurts. I made SM for the first time just on freebies and daily surveys. You'll get there :sunshine:

bartleby1
10-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Becky - You're doing great! Keep in mind, that when you see the banners with large totals, that is an accumulated amount that probably took many months or even over a year to earn. I mostly do free offers, earning between 30 - 50 cents a piece. I do try to get a survey daily which adds up. Keep earning slow and steady and you'll find it adds up pretty quickly. Plus, every now and then you'll find an offer or two that earn you a bit more. DH still doesn't get how I get so excited over a 5 cent click or an 80 cent survey, but I think he's beginning to understand when he saw how much in disney gift cards I had saved for our vacation.

Keep clicking and reading the forums for good offers. You'll get there!

BTW, when the forum was first added, I signed up and saw the large totals of other members listed on their banners. I thought to myself - "WOW! I need to get a move on and earn some more!". Then, I put my banner up and was pleasantly surprised that my total was actually much larger than I thought, lol!

rjk
10-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks so much to all of you who answered me question.

So I guess it is like some of you have said, "Slow and Steady". That I can do.

Thanks again to all. :) :)

Weluvdisny
10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
The Vista Print offers are great and also the photo ones. You earn money (and usually only pay shipping) and have a product in your hand too!

Alice28
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I've been a member since late March 2006. I do surveys most days, I do all the freebie offers, I do some of the other offers if it's something I am interested in or know I will use, and I occasionally shop. DH needed a new computer a month or so ago so I said, "WAIT! Let me order it on Best Buy for you, thru SR, and you just pick it up at Customer Service." So, things like that add up- that was $11.xx to my SR account and was super easy.:sunshine:

spring
10-04-2007, 01:12 PM

I also joined in August and I've made most of my money doing the free credits and doing surveys. I try to do a survey each day. If I don't qualify after many, many attempts, I let my DH do one. It seems that he almost always qualifies after very few attempts. Remember, only one account is allowed per household, but anyone in the household can help out towards your credits.

I also have done a limited amount of shopping, but that will probably pick up as Christmas nears.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. Try to read the forum about automatic credits and daily surveys for help. I found valuable advice by doing that.:sunshine:

jfrog
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
When I joined in Sept, at first I missed the fact that there is a little drop down menu with page numbers at the bottom of the most popular offers page and the most recent offers page. There area bout 10 pages of stuff to look through there! I just saw the part that said there are no paid offers for me, but that meant JUST ON THAT PAGE -- took me a little while to figure that out! I have also found that cleaning cookies is SO important and I LOVE my new gmail account - I don't get the message that my email addy is already in some of the systems anymore! I also tested the waters with York Photo and Vista Prints - I think I spent a total of .99 between the two for shipping or something like that. I don't shop online much but Christmas is coming and I will definitely be considering it!~ Good luck to you!!

jfrog
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
OH - just wanted to add... if you do 1 survey a day, that will be about 24 dollars each month if you are lucky enough to qualify each day - have to keep trying until you get one some days!

spring
10-04-2007, 01:50 PM
OH - just wanted to add... if you do 1 survey a day, that will be about 24 dollars each month if you are lucky enough to qualify each day - have to keep trying until you get one some days!

Plus the 5.00 credit bonus for doing 25 surveys or more. That's a BIG plus!