PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Game!!

SunshineGirl
01-22-2010, 01:59 PM
We met so many great new merchants at Affiliate Summit and they all want to sponsor games and promotions with us!! We want to be sure that we can send them the traffic that they deserve if they are willing to do that. So let's talk referrals....

Cindy and I have some cool new SR swag... bookmarks! They are made so that they are glossy on the front but plain on the back. Why? So you can write your referral number on them and pass them on to friends. Want to win a few? Here are the rules:

Simply post in this thread your best tips for getting referrals. It can be something you have tried before or have just thought about trying. We will pick 5 winners on Monday to win some of our brand new bookmarks. You can enter as many times as you like between now and midnight on Sunday. :)

Leslie
01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I like to post the GREATNESS of Sunshine Rewards on Facebook!!! :sunshine:

PSL1013
01-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Every time I cash out I tell all my friends and family the amount I cashed out for, two weeks ago it was for a $500 Disney GC . They all seem interested and surprised at this amount but I guess not enough to pursue it even though I've mentioned that they have other GC besides Disney. :confused:

athoods
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Word of mouth works for me. Share it friends and family how they can save money and also get some of what the spend back. Then i mention that i have earned over 2000 with it. Tell that about some of the merchants.

Hedy
01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
I always hope that people I know in meatspace who are going to Disney talk aout wanting money for their trip. Rarely works out, though.

spring
01-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Get some eyebrows raised in interest when I mention to family and friends that I paid for my whole share of a 7 night Disney Cruise plus a night at the Contemporary/dining/park tickets for 1 day completely through my SR earnings last year. :D

Blessing and Miracle
01-22-2010, 05:09 PM
I love to brag about how I earned my gift cards through SR when I'm spending them! Not only do I raise eyebrows but it encourages me also to earn more. :)

PSL1013
01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Today I posted on Twitter that I cashed out for a $500 GC....hopefully that will encourage someone to check us out? :D

askomsky
01-22-2010, 09:05 PM
The links added to post on Facebook gained me two referrels right off the bat. I could probably gain quite a few more once I start using them again. :)

fanofree
01-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Whenever someone mentions shopping on-line, I ask if they use a rewards program. I usually get a "no." I tell them about SR and how you get a % back on your purchase.

I also tell everyone when appropiate that I made money back with SR... "Oh, those are cute shoes." "Thanks, I bought them at Shoebuy.com - I got 20% off, a 10% frequent shopper discount and 11% cashback at SR during a special promotion."

I am amazed how few people are interested! Doesn't everyone like to save money?

MKelley226
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
I have talked about and shown off my $500 Disney GC (with the SR sticker) that I received with rewards and talked about how I paid for most of my kids Christmas presents this past holiday with rewards. I have gotten a few referrals, but most of everyone doesn't "get it".

OhMari
01-23-2010, 09:40 AM
I usually slip it in on the DIS.com how I just cashed out and I will be paying with my $500 Disney gift card I earned on Sunshine Rewards. I just can't try for referrals, or post a link, but I usually get a couple of PM's asking me about Sunshinerewards. Plus I have to be really tricky, how I post the name, because they star out the name.

faithhope
01-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Talk about the good deals I got buying something online and how on top of the good deal I got money back by going through SR.

When I show everyone my pictures of my Disney trip I mention how I couldn't have done it without my SR money from surveys and shopping.

I have my sunshine rewards bag that I carry around everywhere.

sammielynn
01-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I always tell everyone how much I get back on anything I order online through SR. And I have been known to show off my gift cards.

kimntrent
01-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Customer Service. If you know your referrals stay on top of them. Show them how to do it offer help.

~Kathie
01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
We're taking the family to Disney in October. When i told my DD's BF that I made enough money to pay for food for all of us for 8 days he was intrigued. He joined under me and soon was at his $5.00

I tell people at work too but one lone person has signed up and so far no activity.

schaery
01-24-2010, 07:37 PM
I've had 3 people join so but all they don't want to take the time to do surveys so they never get anywhere.

metallicaruler80
01-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I need to do a better job of this, but the best way for me is word of mouth.

SunshineGirl
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
This was all of the ideas that we could get? :(

Leslie
01-25-2010, 10:33 AM
I have also found that word of mouth works for me. Everytime someone asks how we go to Disney so much, I tell them about Sunshine Rewards! It truly is the best rewards site out there!

secretmoney
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't have any referrals yet ( I'm trying), but I have SR on my Facebook page. I wish you had merchandise available ( maybe a t-shirt that says I paid for my trip with Sunshine Rewards ). I would buy one and wear it proudly!

PSL1013
01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I placed an order at Drugstore.com the other day and a girlfriend wanted me to order some things for her too...she asked me how often I order and I told her I did about every month or two because....I get free shipping, no tax, drugstore cash back and I also get 5% cash back shopping through SunshineRewards, so I actually make out better this way than driving to an actual drugstore. This person is one of my referrals from 2007 that has only 2.57 in her account....I keep telling her she should get active but she always gives me an excuse that she doesn't know her password anymore, either that or it's too much work and takes too much time. I've come to the conclusion that there are some people that just can't be bothered, they want the money but they don't want to work for it, they are just NOT interested in putting in the effort for the rewards that you get out of it!!

pattip03
01-26-2010, 02:14 AM
This was all of the ideas that we could get? :(

Well, last week I was busy building an ark and bailing out buckets of rain!
Saturday left home at 7;15 am to attend the HUGE Craft and Hobby show at Anaheim Convention Center which is across the street from Disneyland so had to make a stop there (annual pass holder) before arriving home at 11pm. Park was open til 11 but we were freezing and tired so headed out during fireworks to beat the crowd! And Sunday just had to get fresh air after being inside all week because of rains. Just now catching up. So is the contest still on?

A lot of my friends don't understand SR, some don't want to "give out" any of their personal info. But I tell everyone about it. The last referral that signed up under me saw my facebook blurb about how I just earned money doing a survey. Total surprise to me! I even made printouts with detailed instructions and gave to many of my friends. They just don't get it! :confused: :confused: :confused:
SR rocks!!!!! :thanks: