PDA

View Full Version : Me Hungry! Need more Offers!

Weluvdisny
10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
You know we've hit a dry spell when you have to bump the "automatic credits" forum.

I tried so hard to make the Big Board last month that I've gone through all the offers frontward and backwards! Daily surveys are all I can get.

Any new offers coming down the pipe Tricia?

SunshineGirl
10-03-2007, 11:16 PM
It usually takes a few days into the month for new ones to hit. But we keep looking. And it won't help for October, but we decided today to hit a big trade show the first week of November where we heard that other GPTs get a lot of their offers that we don't have. So we are constantly trying to push, push for more.

Weluvdisny
10-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the info. We love when you go to trade shows and come back with all kinds of good stuff!

So, we'll just wait patiently and I'll just have to satisfy my hunger by, um I don't know, shopping for credit? I think I can do that! :sunshine:

bs4free
10-03-2007, 11:50 PM
It usually takes a few days into the month for new ones to hit. But we keep looking. And it won't help for October, but we decided today to hit a big trade show the first week of November where we heard that other GPTs get a lot of their offers that we don't have. So we are constantly trying to push, push for more.
Trica a Trade Show Do you think you could do a big story about your trip! E3 style with photos and all! Take us with you!!!!

linanglab
10-04-2007, 05:41 AM
Yeah...I am in a little of a dry spell too. Thanks Tricia for working so hard for us!

sunshinecindy
10-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Trica a Trade Show Do you think you could do a big story about your trip! E3 style with photos and all! Take us with you!!!!

We could, but we won't. LOL Going to make the most of being in New York, near Time Square, never been there, but, I just may post a pic or two for you Bryan, even though you owe me one.

coastalgirl
10-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Cindy, I hope you enjoy New York. It is one of the places I want to visit. DH has no desire to go to NYC, but me and my oldest son really want to go! Hopefully you will have a litte down time to check it all out!

eaglesdare
10-04-2007, 08:21 AM
we went to NYC july 3rd this summer. i was fooling with movie maker, this is a first so don't be harsh on the movie, but i though i would share this.
just click on the picture, there is sound on it also

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z216/eagles2007-2007/th_newyork_0001.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z216/eagles2007-2007/?action=view&current=newyork_0001.flv)

shades99
10-04-2007, 08:46 AM
we went to NYC july 3rd this summer. i was fooling with movie maker, this is a first so don't be harsh on the movie, but i though i would share this.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z216/eagles2007-2007/th_newyork_0001.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z216/eagles2007-2007/?action=view&current=newyork_0001.flv)

That's great!! It's starts out cute and ends with patriotism. Good job!!:sunshine2:

lrsellars
10-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for posting the movie!!! Now I'm ready to go myself!! I spent my summers there growing up and haven't been back for some time. Just wondering if I could haul the kids around and still enjoy it.

spring
10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=eaglesdare;56312]we went to NYC july 3rd this summer. i was fooling with movie maker, this is a first so don't be harsh on the movie, but i though i would share this.

Wow, Eaglesdare, I'm really impressed with your skills! Awesome!

eaglesdare
10-04-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks everyone.

it was my hubby and myself, hubby's 3 children 14,15, 16 yrs old, and my son and grandson 7 and 8 yrs old. 7 of us in total, and we had a blast. we took a taxi to the museum of natural history, toured that, and then walked to fao swartz toy store, trump towers, passed the disney store, did times square, saw madison square garden, went to the empire state building, it was way too expensive for our group to go up however, something like 18 dollars per person. we drove down to battery park and saw the statue of liberty and drove past ground zero. and walked across central park. plenty of street performers around also, and saw a few homeless people which i had to explain to our young kids.

so if you have kids you still can have a wonderful wonderful day. now driving in nyc is not the best to say the least, i drove into the city, but at the first traffic light hubby and i swapped seats.

bs4free
10-04-2007, 02:16 PM

Wow Thank you so much for shareing that I realy enjoyed it

BTW what was that music from about stick ball?

sunshinecindy
10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Absolutely wonderful, thank you. I know a little more about NY now and what to be looking for.

eaglesdare
10-04-2007, 05:32 PM
the music with the kick ball is the theme from the movie BIG with tom hanks, and then he was playing on the big floor piano, that was the store we were in.

beccabee
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
thanks everyone.

it was my hubby and myself, hubby's 3 children 14,15, 16 yrs old, and my son and grandson 7 and 8 yrs old. 7 of us in total, and we had a blast. we took a taxi to the museum of natural history, toured that, and then walked to fao swartz toy store, trump towers, passed the disney store, did times square, saw madison square garden, went to the empire state building, it was way too expensive for our group to go up however, something like 18 dollars per person. we drove down to battery park and saw the statue of liberty and drove past ground zero. and walked across central park. plenty of street performers around also, and saw a few homeless people which i had to explain to our young kids.

so if you have kids you still can have a wonderful wonderful day. now driving in nyc is not the best to say the least, i drove into the city, but at the first traffic light hubby and i swapped seats.

Thanks for posting the movie. I love NYC but have only taken two trips there. Really want to take my DD's when they are older and do a lot of Broadway shows and museums. Both of my trips were before 9/11 so I have pics I took from the top of the Empire State bldg that show the twin towers. Will be sad to go up there again and see the skyline now but the city has a great spirit.
We flew there and took taxis and the subway everywhere. You and DH are brave for driving.

eaglesdare
10-04-2007, 09:50 PM
oh we only drove into the city, swapped seats and found a parking lots. in the movie that is my van on the lift, that is how they park the cars.

but we did drive to battery park and that wasn't too bad, (if you kept your eyes closed LOL) and then we drove out of the city.

we took a cab to the museum, and then walked all the way around the city back to our van and then down to battery park.