View Full Version : obopay debit card

eaglesdare
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
has anyone done this?

obopay debit card 1520

would like some input on this one.

ruledbymercury
10-04-2007, 10:26 AM
If you seach the forums for "obopay" there are a bunch of threads about it.

For what it's worth, I did it a long time ago and got credit.

coastalgirl
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
I did it too. A long time ago. It is a good one.

The LK 4
10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I researched this on the forums before I signed up, and I've read lots of positive reviews. I signed up this morning and am waiting for my $8 credit from SR! :cooldance:

I hope I didn't have to clear cookies before I did this offer, because I forgot to do that.

I also linked my bank account to my obopay card, so hopefully in a few days they'll deposit the $10 from my card!

SunshineGirl
10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
It's a manual credit now so that we can get a higher payout than before. So it may take a couple of days to see your credit. But we've always had really good luck with it and a lot of people end up liking the company itself quite a bit.

The LK 4
10-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks so much for bringing offers like this to us!!! :love:

Arky
10-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Cool! So glad it's a manual credit - I still have hope! I just tried it. I would love to see $8 to my account. Will it be a credit hold?

lrsellars
10-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Just did this after this afternoon. I'll post when I receive credit. I'm surprised I didn't do it the last time it was offered but I think I didn't really realize what it was.

suekap
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
What exactly is it?

stacieps
10-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I did this a month or so ago and never received SR credit (did receive the Obopay $ and card).

I would like a card for my husband, can I do this thru the SR link and try to get credit? The 1st card is just my name, so his would be a new account (although linked to the same checking account).

breyandra
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I signed up for Obopay this morning. I hope it credits because when I would log in, even though the site recognized me, would ask for more information, and then a page would come up saying I could send them an ID by fax. I contacted customer support there and they are looking into it. From what I can see in their help section, in order to receive the 10.00 you have to link obopay with either your bank account or a credit card, put at least 10.00 in your account and do one transaction before you get it. Could someone let me know if I misunderstood what I read? How do you get the debit card?

lrsellars
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
What exactly is it?

According to the offer that I signed up for they are to send me a $10 prepaid mastercard. It says you can use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted. It also says something about buying stuff "right from your mobile phone." I'm not clear on that so I'll have to research some more. Hopefully I'll get credit and the $10 prepaid card.

According to another older thread, you can reload these cards (for a fee) and keep using them as needed. I did see a post on obopays website advertising that when a child needs money "right now" and is in another town, obopay can be that tool you use to get he/she money right then.

lrsellars
10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I signed up for Obopay this morning. I hope it credits because when I would log in, even though the site recognized me, would ask for more information, and then a page would come up saying I could send them an ID by fax. I contacted customer support there and they are looking into it. From what I can see in their help section, in order to receive the 10.00 you have to link obopay with either your bank account or a credit card, put at least 10.00 in your account and do one transaction before you get it. Could someone let me know if I misunderstood what I read? How do you get the debit card?

I haven't had that happen. I'm in the account right now. I'll continue to "look around" to see what I can find out.

breyandra
10-06-2007, 02:15 PM
I saw on some older posts that a few have had to show other forms of ID because their SS number didn't work. I have received an email from Obopay that they can't seem to validate my account with my SS number so could I fax them my drivers licence to validate it. This makes me a little nervous. Will I get credit on SR if I don't send them my DL?