PDA

View Full Version : Obopay

SunshineGirl
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
We just got an Obopay offer! It is small (3.50), but people seem to really like those.

jnorth1007
05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I really like my Obopay card so far. I use it for my offers and it has been very effective.

JillyFish
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Can someone explain to me how Obopay works? Do I have to do all the stuff on my phone? Can I just use it as a prepaid card? I'm confused! (Doesn't take much! :rotfl: )

jnorth1007
05-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I signed up. You do have to give them your cell phone number and they do call it to verify but it is all automated. After that they send you the card in the mail. I can check my balance and everything online. I haven't had to add money to the card yet so I am not sure if I have to do it through my phone or not. I know you can through the phone but I hope I can do it through the computer also because I don't have text messaging on my phone :rotfl: It comes preloaded with 10.00 which was just enough for me to do a couple of cheap offers with. I am going to go look into how to reload it right now and I will let you know. There is no fee annually I know that and I like that. I might also look into loading this card with money for my Disney trip so I don't have to use my debit card.

jnorth1007
05-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok this is what I came up with. You need to transfer via phone or set up a direct deposit. There is a charge to move money of 1.5% of the transaction. I think I will just use the balance that they have given me, the $10, for trials and once its gone be done with it. I wont pay a percentage to add money I dont think. Although on 10.00 that would be what .10? SO it may be worth it just for the offers I do.

JillyFish
05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info! I don't know....I can't decide if I want to do this offer or not. :confused:

mom2dea
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I just did it and will let everyone know when it credits . Trying to build up money .

WOW by the time I wrote this and looked back it had credited . Super fast offer everyone !

Sarah

chocovrdmicears
05-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Did I understand the offer correctly?
In order to use the $10.00 you have to apply for the credit card AFTER you sign up and activate everything? You can't just use the $10 they put in your account without doing that. Right? :confused: :confused:

jl8595
05-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I signed up, but they couldn't verify me with my CT driver's license (said they don't have the ability to do it for my state), and I don't feel comfortable giving them my SSN. So, my sign up ended there (I had already gotten the automated call on my cell), but I just saw that I got credit for it. I'm a little bummed about not getting the $10 card, but oh well! The 3.50 threw me into the next earning bracket for tomorrow's cash out, so I'm plenty happy with that!

jnorth1007
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
No you dont apply for a credit card and they dont run your credit. It is just a prepaid card and you can just use the 10 they give you and be done with it.

chocovrdmicears
05-22-2007, 06:46 PM
:confused: I apologize if you already answered this...but how do you get the actual card? I set the account up, activated it, they put the $10 but I couldn't find anyway to actually use the $10 except to send it through the phone?..will the send it in the mail automatically?:confused:

speechteachri
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I signed up, but they couldn't verify me with my CT driver's license (said they don't have the ability to do it for my state), and I don't feel comfortable giving them my SSN. So, my sign up ended there (I had already gotten the automated call on my cell), but I just saw that I got credit for it. I'm a little bummed about not getting the $10 card, but oh well! The 3.50 threw me into the next earning bracket for tomorrow's cash out, so I'm plenty happy with that!

I am having the same problem. I get a message that I can't be verified with my driver's license # and it asks me to put in my SSN or verify with a credit card.

jl8595
05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I am having the same problem. I get a message that I can't be verified with my driver's license # and it asks me to put in my SSN or verify with a credit card.

Yup, that was my other option, but I wasn't willing to go the credit card route either. Oh well!

jnorth1007
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I just entered in my SS#. I keep very close watch on all of my accounts and credit reports so I was ok with that. They send you the card in the mail. I takes about a week to get and you have to call and activate it when it comes. Then you can use it just like a credit card. It has your name and the master card logo just like a credit card and also has the security numbers on the back. If you don't link any accounts to it then when the money is gone I guess it just stays active with no money on it.

Magical JenK
05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok, I signed up & my DL# worked, so I am verified...sorry, I should know this from reading here & the obopay site itself...the email I got says that I have to request the MasterCard debit card...or will that automatically be sent to me??? Got to make sure to watch the mail!:)

Mom2aPrincess
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
AAhhh...I could have really used this reward, but just signed up for this (for no reward) last week!! :( Oh well...off to find something I can do. :minnie: