PDA

View Full Version : Disney Announces Big Expansion Plan

SunshineGirl
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Kind of a cool video at the bottom of the forum now about a bunch of the thing Disney is rolling out to (maybe/supposedly?) compete with Universal.

gpp2001
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Per my sources - Disney isn't too concerned about Universal and Harry Potter World - the main ride isn't expected to open on time. And a lot of what was said in that news report was old news! The only thing I didn't know about was the Wide World of sports thing.

PSL1013
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Per my sources - Disney isn't too concerned about Universal and Harry Potter World - the main ride isn't expected to open on time. And a lot of what was said in that news report was old news! The only thing I didn't know about was the Wide World of sports thing.

I'm with you, I've heard it all except WWS. They are changing Fantasy world and it's going to be all the about the Princesses and their castles, they are moving the Dumbo ride back there too with a circus theme, I heard. What I did notice that is disturbing is that the reporter has a winter coat and scarf on....since I will be there next Friday for the day, I'm not too happy about THAT aspect! :cry:

SunshineGirl
02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I had only heard in the last few days about the change in the parade and the fireworks for the summer. I really hope it has changed by the time that we go (May 29-June 5), but I'm not optimistic given that they said "early June."

PSL1013
02-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes, that is new to me too. I hope they keep the Electrical Parade past the summer so that I can see it the beginning of Oct...it's my favorite all time parade. :love:

disney_girl
02-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I LOVE the Electrical Parade!! We're going to miss it in May though!:( I wonder how long they will keep it- it would be great if it was still there in the fall.

MouseUnlimited
02-13-2010, 08:26 PM
I LOVE the Electrical Parade!! We're going to miss it in May though!:( I wonder how long they will keep it- it would be great if it was still there in the fall.

The word is that the Summer Nightastic will run from early June (6-ish) through mid-to-late August (28-ish). When Disneyland put on Summer Nightastic last year, it ran from June 10 - August 24.

Not only will the Magic Kingdom run The Main Street Electrical Parade (instead of SpectroMagic), and the Magic Music Mayhem fireworks (instead of Wishes), but Epcot will see a new ending tag to Illuminations, and the Studios will see new lighting effects and a new drop sequence added to the Tower of Terror.

Fantasyland Construction is also getting ready to start, as they are busy building Mickey and Minnie a new home in the Exhibition Hall on Main Street.