PDA

View Full Version : Some Disney Travel Agent FAQ

MouseUnlimited
02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Howdy Folks!

I'm a member of one major Disney Forum, and my wife, Kayla, is a member of another. We're also both members here.

Between the three Forums, we see a lot of questions and concerns regarding Travel Agencies. While a few of these questions and concerns come from Disney Rookies, most of them actually come from people like SR Members, who would be considered Advanced or Expert Disney Travelers.

These "advanced" travelers often prefer to retain full control of their vacation and are hesitant to get a 3rd Party involved, such as a Travel Agent. Please allow me to post some of the frequently asked questions, and our explanations and answers:

Q: Doesn't it cost me MORE to use a Travel Agent than to book it through Disney myself?
A: Sometimes - but not with Mouse Unlimited. There are definitely a number of Travel Agencies that charge fees or inflate the cost of Disney Vacations. Mouse Unlimited, however, often gives part of our commissions back to the client - specifically in the form of Sunshine Rewards Cash Back!

With us, you won't pay a penny more than you would with Disney directly, and that's even when we plan your entire trip and book your dining reservations. And honestly, our pricing sometimes comes in cheaper than Disney direct since they don't offer you every discount available all the time.

I used a Travel Agent once and they wouldn't let me plan any part of my trip or make dining reservations on my own.
A: We're not sure what Agency it was that did this, but it's definitely not our policy. As soon as we book a Disney Vacation on your behalf, we send you a Confirmation with your Reservation Number on it. If you'd rather not have us plan the rest of your trip, you can use the Reservation Number to link all of your own Dining Reservations and Recreation to your package.

The only caveat is that you can't make changes to your actual reservation yourself, since it's booked under our agency's account. We have to make changes to your room, package, and Magical Express reservation. We also have to apply payments on your behalf - but we use your Credit Card. We don't pay Disney, inflate the price, then bill you.

The internet is great, but I would feel more comfortable if I could actually speak to my Agent at some point.
A: We agree. While the internet is an amazing tool, and really helps us keep our overhead low (since we work from home and use the website and e-mail to do all of our bookings), there's definitely something to be said for speaking one-on-one.

So, while most of our clients prefer to use e-mail for all communications, we still have plenty that like to talk on the phone - whether it just be to reassure them that we're real, or to get a better education on how something works.

Unlike some other Disney Travel Agencies, we actually provide a toll-free phone number for our clients, which goes to an intuitive Voice Mail system. If we're home when you call, we'll talk to you right then. If we're not, we'll get your message and call you back that evening or on the weekend.

And don't worry folks, your call doesn't go to a call center or get filtered to the "next available agent" located somewhere in the US. They all come right to us - Tom and Kayla - at our home office. We're the Owners and the only Agents. You will work with us from start to finish.

Oops! We already booked our next Disney Vacation ourselves. Should we cancel and re-book with Mouse Unlimited to get our Cash Back?
A: Not at all! There is a very simple process allowing us to transfer your reservation to our account (using a letter signed by you), which would send the commission to us, thus allowing us to give Sunshine Rewards Cash Back.

I got a discount PIN Code in the mail/e-mail. Can Mouse Unlimited use it to book my vacation?
A: Yes!

I've already booked my Disney vacation with Mouse Unlimited, but I just got a PIN Code in the mail/e-mail today. Can it still be applied?
A: Probably. We will collect your PIN Code and offer details and call Disney ourselves to negotiate the better deal. However, just like if you were calling Disney to do this on a trip you booked yourself, we can't make any guarantees that your existing reservation will qualify or that there will be any rooms left in that specific Discount Block.

In conclusion, I hope that I've cleared up some of the questions you may have about booking a Disney vacation with us. Not only do you get great customer service, quick responses, expert advice, discounts, and the flexibility to plan as much or as little of your vacation as you want.....but you also get CASH BACK through Sunshine Rewards! It's a win-win-win.

If you have any questions, or would like a free no-obligation quote at any time, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail!

faithhope
02-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the faq... I did assume that it would cost more to use a travel agent instead of doing it myself... thanks for the info... I'll contact you for our next trip.

speechteachri
02-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Just wanted to point out that there is at least one other travel agent here on the boards that specializes in Disney vacations...just so people know.

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but if it is going to be ok on the board to do this kind of promo...then it should be ok for everyone.

m 'n c
02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Just wanted to point out that there is at least one other travel agent here on the boards that specializes in Disney vacations (Pooh's Pal)...just so people know.

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but if it is going to be ok on the board to do this kind of promo...then it should be ok for everyone.

MouseUnlimited pays a % back on vacations booked through SR so they are allowed to "advertise" their services on here just like other SR merchants. I know you didn't mean to hijack but just wanted to put it out there. It is like the blog promo - you can promote if you do a Chattywoman blog but none of the others.

speechteachri
02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
OK...sorry...didn't know that! OOPS!!:blush:

m 'n c
02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
OK...sorry...didn't know that! OOPS!!:blush:

No worries. I figured that some people might have missed that announcement. I think it is either a 1% or 2% payout for booking a Disney vacation.

MouseUnlimited
02-13-2010, 11:56 PM
No worries. I figured that some people might have missed that announcement. I think it is either a 1% or 2% payout for booking a Disney vacation.

Thanks for getting my back, M 'N C!

You're exactly right. We are currently offering 1% Sunshine Rewards Cash Back on all Disney Vacations including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures By Disney.

We also offer between $1 and $10 back, per ticket, for individually purchased Walt Disney World theme park tickets. This is very handy for DVC members who don't have Annual Passes.

Here's our Sunshine Rewards Coupon Page:
http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/MouseUnlimited

:thanks:

arob414
02-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Tom worked up our next Disney vacation and has done a great job! He was even able to change my reservations, this wk, so I could use the newest promotion. I haven't used a travel agent, in yrs, but it has been nice letting someone else do the "legwork". Plus, money back thru SR was a great incentive.:sunshine:

3dog2kidmom
02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Honestly, I don't usually like using a travel agent because I am too much of a control nut with my trips, but the SR cash back with MU was tempting. Tom booked our Christmas trip and was great to work with. He was very patient with my working up the numbers and telling him exactly what I wanted and he booked it just as I asked him too. It didn't cost a cent more and I look forward to seeing my SR credits in my account as a post-trip bonus!!

Tom was great at communicating -- I would have answers to my emails always the same day, usually within hours or less. And he even took very good care to send our trip documents in plain unmarked envelopes so my kids wouldn't suspect anything (our Christmas trip was a surprise).

Thanks for the FAQ, Tom. I am glad to know I can initially book with Disney to get their incentives and transfer the booking over to you for my SR credit too!

mmm611
02-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all the info! I too always thought it would cost more to use a travel agent, but would definitely be willing to consider going this route whenever I decide to schedule another trip (I'm thinking new car might have to come first.)

fanofree
02-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Since this started out as a FAQ thread...

Can MouseUnlimited book AP discount rooms?

MouseUnlimited
02-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Tom worked up our next Disney vacation and has done a great job! He was even able to change my reservations, this wk, so I could use the newest promotion. I haven't used a travel agent, in yrs, but it has been nice letting someone else do the "legwork". Plus, money back thru SR was a great incentive.:sunshine:

I'm just mad that YOU beat me to the punch! :) We go through all of our bookings every time a new or extended discount offer is published, but you got to me before I got to your ressie! DANG!

But :thanks: for the kind words!

Honestly, I don't usually like using a travel agent because I am too much of a control nut with my trips, but the SR cash back with MU was tempting. Tom booked our Christmas trip and was great to work with. He was very patient with my working up the numbers and telling him exactly what I wanted and he booked it just as I asked him too. It didn't cost a cent more and I look forward to seeing my SR credits in my account as a post-trip bonus!!

Tom was great at communicating -- I would have answers to my emails always the same day, usually within hours or less. And he even took very good care to send our trip documents in plain unmarked envelopes so my kids wouldn't suspect anything (our Christmas trip was a surprise).

Thanks for the FAQ, Tom. I am glad to know I can initially book with Disney to get their incentives and transfer the booking over to you for my SR credit too!

Whatever it takes! Surprise trips are my favorite kind! :thanks:

Thanks for all the info! I too always thought it would cost more to use a travel agent, but would definitely be willing to consider going this route whenever I decide to schedule another trip (I'm thinking new car might have to come first.)

New car? Pooh on that - go to Disney World!

Just kidding....kind of :p

Since this started out as a FAQ thread...

Can MouseUnlimited book AP discount rooms?

We absolutely can! We can book using AP Discounts, Disney Visa Discounts, personal Postcard/E-Mail PINs, and any published (or unpublished) discount code.

The only thing we can't do is book with your AAA membership, since they're actually a Travel Agency themselves (aka a competitor of mine). However, I will say that after the SR Cash-Back, I was able to beat AAA's discount by a few pennies for someone late last year :clap:

luvdisney00
03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I just posted this on the 2010 thread, but I'll repeat myself here. I just booked a trip for August Tom and he has been really great to work with. I was able to ask a lot of questions (which he answered really quickly) and then make decisions and have him work it all out. How cool will it be to come home from our trip (with the post Disney "letdown") and get a nice SR credit to cheer me up?? Thanks Tom!!

MouseUnlimited
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I just posted this on the 2010 thread, but I'll repeat myself here. I just booked a trip for August Tom and he has been really great to work with. I was able to ask a lot of questions (which he answered really quickly) and then make decisions and have him work it all out. How cool will it be to come home from our trip (with the post Disney "letdown") and get a nice SR credit to cheer me up?? Thanks Tom!!

You're swell! Thank you for the kind words.

:thanks:

MouseUnlimited
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM

By the way, you don't have to book with Disney first to get any of their incentives - we can book any and all discounts that Disney offers to the general public, or to you via PIN codes.

Feel free to start with us. We'll get you the best rates AND the best service :clap:

3dog2kidmom
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
By the way, you don't have to book with Disney first to get any of their incentives - we can book any and all discounts that Disney offers to the general public, or to you via PIN codes.

I was thinking of a bounceback, though...

Feel free to start with us. We'll get you the best rates AND the best service :clap:

of course!

Leslie
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I was thinking of a bounceback, though...

of course!

Good question! I have a vacation package booked with the bounceback offer also, so I am curious as well.

MouseUnlimited
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Good question! I have a vacation package booked with the bounceback offer also, so I am curious as well.

Ah yes, Disney Cruise Line Bouncebacks!

Yes, if you re-book while on a cruise, we can definitely transfer your existing reservation to our account - and you'll retain your discount!

Hedy
03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Does MouseUnlimited offer any services for Universal Orlando?

MouseUnlimited
03-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Does MouseUnlimited offer any services for Universal Orlando?

Mouse Unlimited only sells Disney Vacations - with the only exception being the non-Disney entertainment offered in conjunction with Disneyland vacations.

Our sister company, www.tktravelco.com, may sell Universal Orlando vacations at some point, but not at this time.

bbangel
03-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Mouse Unlimited only sells Disney Vacations - with the only exception being the non-Disney entertainment offered in conjunction with Disneyland vacations.

Our sister company, www.tktravelco.com, may sell Universal Orlando vacations at some point, but not at this time.

I had this question too. With the new Harry Potter section I have a feeling more people are going to want to check it out in conjunction with their WDW vacations.

MouseUnlimited
03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I had this question too. With the new Harry Potter section I have a feeling more people are going to want to check it out in conjunction with their WDW vacations.

Good point.

We began the certification process a while back, but just haven't had time to follow through on it. I'll definitely think about starting it back up again.

It's just that Disney is such a MAJOR destination to sell, it's almost a dis-service to our clients and to Disney to try to be "experts" on their competitor too.

If we end up selling Universal Orlando, it will definitely be through our sister company, so that Mouse Unlimited stays loyal to Disney.

Stay tuned for updates, and thank you for the insight!

MouseUnlimited
03-27-2010, 02:53 PM
We have successfully become authorized Universal Orlando sellers!

We'll be updating our sister site, www.tktravelco.com soon to reflect the new destination, but for now, we've just added an option to our WDW Quote Request, because that seems to be the most popular option.

You can add a 1-Day/2-Park Universal Orlando offer with FREE Ground Transfers to and from any Disney Hotel - for just $109/adult (plus tax). (This offer isn't available if you book through Universal's site).

This allows you to hop over to UO from WDW for a day to check out the new Harry Potter Experience.

Plus, you'll get 1% Cash-Back on this add-on with your WDW Cash Back. It doesn't get any better than this!

Go to https://www.mouseunlimited.com/quotes/wdwquote to request your quote today!

iluvamystery89
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
any news on the new discount that's rumored to be coming out tomorrow?

MouseUnlimited
03-27-2010, 09:19 PM
any news on the new discount that's rumored to be coming out tomorrow?

If you're referring to something about Universal - I have no idea. :p We literally just joined that bandwagon, and I probably won't keep up on the ins and outs of Universal - just sell it as a side item.

If you're talking about WDW, little birdies are saying that Disney Visa members might receive notice of the Free Dining offer on Monday....and the general public later in the week. :clap: This is 100% rumor for now, but several sources are repeating it.

And, when/if it happens, the Free Dining window will likely begin after August 14 (the end of the travel window for summer deals, and the end of Summer Nightastic), and possibly go into early October, depending on crowds.

Stay tuned!

iluvamystery89
03-27-2010, 09:33 PM
If you're referring to something about Universal - I have no idea. :p We literally just joined that bandwagon, and I probably won't keep up on the ins and outs of Universal - just sell it as a side item.

If you're talking about WDW, little birdies are saying that Disney Visa members might receive notice of the Free Dining offer on Monday....and the general public later in the week. :clap: This is 100% rumor for now, but several sources are repeating it.

And, when/if it happens, the Free Dining window will likely begin after August 14 (the end of the travel window for summer deals, and the end of Summer Nightastic), and possibly go into early October, depending on crowds.

Stay tuned!

thank you! i was, indeed, referring to wdw ;) i have heard chirpings from some little birdies saying the same thing. unfortunately, it's doubtful my family could go this year, but if anything could sway my DH, it would be free dining.

Leslie
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM

Stay tuned!

Any birdies talking about when/if this will be extended to November like it was last year?

MouseUnlimited
03-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Any birdies talking about when/if this will be extended to November like it was last year?

Not yet. :(

It was extended last year a few times because of low attendance. Experts are saying that even though Univ is opening HP-Land, it will provide Disney with a free source of guests, thus increasing park attendance over years past. Universal is still a 1 or 2 day destination, and if you're already in Orlando, you might as well go to Disney World, right? That's what they're expecting/thinking, anyway.

With that said, we may not see it extend much beyond early October. But really, I don't think Disney even knows right now what they're going to do, other than to start it in August (hopefully).

secretmoney
03-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Any idea if free dining might be tiered? (quick service for value, mod etc.)

iluvamystery89
03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
i'm excited for the discount to come out and i can't even go, LOL.

MouseUnlimited
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Any idea if free dining might be tiered? (quick service for value, mod etc.)

Haven't heard a peep about that. The way Disney has structured their offers lately, it wouldn't surprise me. It makes business sense too. If they're collecting revenue on a Value Room, then give away Value Food.

i'm excited for the discount to come out and i can't even go, LOL.

I know. Kayla and I have been trying to invent a reason to go (and to justify the cost of another trip) :cry:

iluvamystery89
03-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Haven't heard a peep about that. The way Disney has structured their offers lately, it wouldn't surprise me. It makes business sense too. If they're collecting revenue on a Value Room, then give away Value Food.

I know. Kayla and I have been trying to invent a reason to go (and to justify the cost of another trip) :cry:

LOL! me too! unfortunately, our heat pump died at the end of january in the midst of one of the coldest winters alabama has seen in quite a while, so paying that off comes first. :( sucks to be an adult. i want a vacation so badly i've started stalking the house for things to sell...ROFL!

MouseUnlimited
03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL! me too! unfortunately, our heat pump died at the end of january in the midst of one of the coldest winters alabama has seen in quite a while, so paying that off comes first. :( sucks to be an adult. i want a vacation so badly i've started stalking the house for things to sell...ROFL!

HA! Us too! We're almost out of furniture :rotfl:

iluvamystery89
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
HA! Us too! We're almost out of furniture :rotfl:

:rotfl: who cares if we all had to sit on the floor! we'd have some really great vacation pictures!

Hedy
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Could we book an AAA room-only rate through Disney, then transfer it to you?

MouseUnlimited
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Could we book an AAA room-only rate through Disney, then transfer it to you?

That's a good question....that I don't know the answer to. :p

I would say that if it's just a reservation booked with Disney directly, it can be transfered. If you book through AAA, it couldn't be.

It doesn't hurt to try. It's a simple process. You forward me your confirmation from Disney, I draft a letter, send it to you, and then you print it, sign it and fax it to Disney.

E-mail me directly (tom AT mouse unlimited Dot Com) to discuss it further :)